Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi all:

After the success of Ronald Volker and Yokomo in the European Champs in Aniche (Volker,Pruemper, Weiss etc etc)
What we could take the Set up the Ronald ?

Greetings
Old 08-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JordiM
Hi all:

After the success of Ronald Volker and Yokomo in the European Champs in Aniche (Volker,Pruemper, Weiss etc etc)
What we could take the Set up the Ronald ?

Greetings
i think is not so important know their setup because normally are different the track conditions.
I found really hard use the "top drivers setups" on our local tracks, i just work on suggestions on what to do for this or that problem on the car.
So if you are asking what we could take from the Ronald setup in my opinion i wish to have 1/10 of his skill
The car for me is great, the BD5W is working really well in every conditions and may be is the best car with medium/low grip conditions. Looking at the Euros there were 3 BD5W (and may be different chassis) into the first 11 positions, while there aren't Xray T3 into A main.
Following my road and some suggestions i found that the BD5 is working much better with a lower roll center into the inner front camer link (at the moment i'm using at least 2mm always).
Lookin' at the Ronald car he is using shims into the inner/outer links so for sure his car is rolling a lot, but as said before depend on the track conditions and your feeling about the car.
Some reply ago there was a pretty good basic setup, very similar on what i'm using.
And don't forget Martin, he is a really good driver and for sure he will have a better week end at the next Germans Nationals.
For sure he will help us much better than me with the setups
Old 08-11-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Initiate

It is certainly not a good idea to copy the set-up of the top drivers, but you can serve as a guide for circuits with similar conditions.

I was in Aniche and the circuit had a grip acceptable with heat , if raining the grip is down, as is normal, fell much and took to recover the grip of dry 100 per cent.

My question is because i have a new Yokomo BD5 ( i race in Aniche whit a Mi4Lp) and would like to know where to move the correct settings.

Greetings
Old 08-11-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Are you using the BD5 or BD5W? Both are similar but the World Kit is a little bit different with its chassis (my feeling is that have more rear grip, and sometimes too much)
Old 08-11-2010, 06:42 AM
Tech Initiate

I have the W version and i hope to make the first test soon.....

Regards
Old 08-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotdognobun
Is this another new kit or actually a bd5w just with new chassis and gear diff? KS when will you stock on the Roche titanium suspension pins?
sorry mate, the factory just mess up the production of the roche titanium coated pin,,,

we wont release it until factory do the right thing that we requested.

Roche wont release products that cant pass our own pcs by pcs quality control...

sorry for any inconvenience caused..
Old 08-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JordiM
I have the W version and i hope to make the first test soon.....

Regards
you got a PM, ceck it and may be can help you.

Regards
Old 08-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
sorry mate, the factory just mess up the production of the roche titanium coated pin,,,

we wont release it until factory do the right thing that we requested.

Roche wont release products that cant pass our own pcs by pcs quality control...

sorry for any inconvenience caused..
No problem. thanks......
Old 08-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi all,

I'm interested to drive a BD5W, could you guys tell me which online shops sells and support Yokomo. Thx before
Old 08-14-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by W_St
Hi all,

I'm interested to drive a BD5W, could you guys tell me which online shops sells and support Yokomo. Thx before
http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/

i bought from them some car and several spare parts, they have everything about Yokomo and is pretty hard find something that they haven't.
Write them an email and you will have a sure answer
Old 08-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi All,
I've been out of the hobby for a while and I'm considering buying the BD5 and am looking for some advice. I'm in the U.S. and will be racing on asphault, then on carpet in the winter. Is the BD5W a superior car to the BD5? Also, being in the U.S. I'll have to buy a supply of spare parts, what do you all recommend? Any option parts I should get? Finally, what's a good online source for kits and parts?
Thanks in advance,
Greg
Old 08-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Hi All,
I've been out of the hobby for a while and I'm considering buying the BD5 and am looking for some advice. I'm in the U.S. and will be racing on asphault, then on carpet in the winter. Is the BD5W a superior car to the BD5? Also, being in the U.S. I'll have to buy a supply of spare parts, what do you all recommend? Any option parts I should get? Finally, what's a good online source for kits and parts?
Thanks in advance,
Greg
Hi Greg,

The BD5W is definatly the car to go for if you can get one. It has a lot more grip than the BD5 and carries more corner speed. The car works great on both Asphalt and carpet (i dont race carpet, but im looking at the pro's results). Parts wise, ive put a list down somewere in the thread if your prepared to look, it would be at least 20 pages back now But quickly it just the usuals, arms, hubs, knuckles, and a few other little bits and pieces. But im still yet to break anything on the car, so it is pretty damn strong.

Some places that stock parts that ive got thrm from are:

kshobby
rcmarket
rcmushrom
hobbyhaven

Good luck, and I hope you get the car as it is really good. A gear diff will be released very soon as well, and this just cuts back maintanence and if you are racing a faster class, it should definatly be nice to drive with.

Antoni
Old 08-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Here are the spares/options i would get

Roche spool

BD-008FG - Lightweight Graphite Front Suspension arms

BD-008RG1 - Lightweight graphite rear suspension arms
(Damper mounting position 39.5mm)

BD-010TP - Joint / pin (pin φ2)

BD-189L - Rear Drive Belt (Rofurikushon)

BD-301RR1 - Rear block (Makes 3d toe). Get the 45.7 rear block if racing slower classes also (17.5 and down)

BD-412W - sway bar kit

BD-412H - Aluminum stabilizer (Swat bar holder) x2

BD-201R8 - 8mm sentre steering rack (Makes car more twitchy)

BD-413 - plastic c-hub

BD-415SG - Graphite steering block

BD-415RG - Graphite rear hubs

BD-500DP - Diff blades

BD-516L - Front belt

There are other bling parts that make the car look pretty like mine. But they wont make you go any faster

Hope that helps,

Antoni
was further back than i expected You can get a few diff spares, but i wouldnt really bother if you are going to be using a gear diff in future Id also add the Yokomo springs to that list
Old 08-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Hi All,
Thanks in advance,
Greg
http://www.driftspeed.com/index.php for USA

http://kkeprc.com/kshobby/index.php?route=common/home for Overseas
Old 08-23-2010, 01:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default setup so far

hi guys,
been drivin the bd5w now for 3 race meetings and it performed very well. however, at the last meeting one question came up which i couldnt answer. as far is i know the bd5w has a 2.5mm lower deck. which is rather thick compared to a 416 with 2.25 and a schumacher mi4lp with 2mm lower deck (xray 2.5mm) however, the most setups i have seen for the bd5w a rather "hard" meaning mostly with pink/silver hpi springs for similar yokomo springs. i have also looked at the xray setups on their hp and they all drive very soft springs like hpi blue at the hardest. could this be linked to the lower deck thickness/flex? and if yes, how come almost every setup for the bd5 is with pink/silver springs and not for example yokomo pink/yellow?? thanks for any help on this.

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.