Wiki Posts
Search

New Yokomo TC, the BD-5

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Do any of the Yokomo springs translate equally to this spring?
i think hpi and yokomo spring is different rebound rates....
Old 08-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default spring rates

as far as i know it is something like this:

yokomo/hpi

pink/blue
green/silver
orange/pink

as far as my experience, i find the yokomo springs work better when temperatures are low (around 20°C). when its a hot day like 30°C then i found
the hpi springs work better.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
What did you change?
This is my setup, nothing of really "strange"
Grip was medium high during the morning but in the afternoon was became really hot and grip is went down. Basically what i found change my car has been switch from 3° rear toe-in to 2,5°
I don't used the alluminium "bridge" (i don't know how to call it) over my steering. Feeling, may be wrong, was to have more front torsion.
At the rear i'm using since 2/3months ago the old BD/SD sway bars, seems they are working better respect to the original, may be a long leverage is working in a better way. Next time i want to try the R8 steering plate
I know for someone my oil could be too much thin, but i tryed to work changing few things starting from my basic setup for don't have a drastic change on my car.
Also i don't use the small foam inside my suspension because i think for to have a 0 rebound is better don't have it.
Hoping this can help you to find a better setup, i think is possible improve it.
I have attached a photo of my car, may be a photo explain better than my English, i'm sorry for this.
Attached Thumbnails New Yokomo TC, the BD-5-bd5w1.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
BD5W Telgate.pdf (385.8 KB, 181 views)
Old 08-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Does the BD5W kit come with titanium turnbuckles?
Old 08-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Does the BD5W kit come with titanium turnbuckles?
Yes,
If you want you can update the screws with the Yok. Titanium Kit, is not so expansive and car became more light. I use the steels screws only for to fix my motor and with a Mazda6 Speed light i'm around at 1330/1340g (20g are only in the middle of chassis)
Old 08-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by altreyx
Yes,
If you want you can update the screws with the Yok. Titanium Kit, is not so expansive and car became more light. I use the steels screws only for to fix my motor and with a Mazda6 Speed light i'm around at 1330/1340g (20g are only in the middle of chassis)
Does somebody carry a titanium screw kit?
Old 08-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Still waiting to hear when its officially released. Ive heard its a lot better than the spec R internally, and it dosent leak Im sure KS will let us all know when its released. I think its suppost to be September
Sweet! Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. Do you know the price range it's going to be in?
Old 08-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by altreyx
This is my setup, nothing of really "strange"
Grip was medium high during the morning but in the afternoon was became really hot and grip is went down. Basically what i found change my car has been switch from 3° rear toe-in to 2,5°
I don't used the alluminium "bridge" (i don't know how to call it) over my steering. Feeling, may be wrong, was to have more front torsion.
At the rear i'm using since 2/3months ago the old BD/SD sway bars, seems they are working better respect to the original, may be a long leverage is working in a better way. Next time i want to try the R8 steering plate
I know for someone my oil could be too much thin, but i tryed to work changing few things starting from my basic setup for don't have a drastic change on my car.
Also i don't use the small foam inside my suspension because i think for to have a 0 rebound is better don't have it.
Hoping this can help you to find a better setup, i think is possible improve it.
I have attached a photo of my car, may be a photo explain better than my English, i'm sorry for this.
hithere,
do you have a homepage or any pics from your track??
Old 08-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vitomon
hithere,
do you have a homepage or any pics from your track??
http://www.automodelli.it/forum/topi...TOPIC_ID=38197 here you can find some photo about the track, one of the best circuits that we have in North Italy
Old 08-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

I'm using the titanium screws, i use the steel ones only for to fix the motor.

About the Gear Diff for what i know will be available in september
Old 08-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Roche Titanium Screw
Old 08-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tenkuro
Sweet! Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. Do you know the price range it's going to be in?
Not sure of the price, but it will probably be more than the spec R at $32US. Maybe $40-45? No idea haha. I guess well just have to wait and find out
Old 08-25-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Quick question on the black rubber shock diaphragms in the BD5 (YS-8HD). Are these a clean fit and an easy build?

I'm having problems with some recently-bought silicone diaphragms (YS-8DMH) expanding on contact with shock oil, getting caught up in the cap threads, and making the shock hard to build consistently. Never seemed to be a problem in the very first bladder shocks I had on my SD.

And how do you find the new blue o-rings (YS-7HG)?
Old 08-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
Quick question on the black rubber shock diaphragms in the BD5 (YS-8HD). Are these a clean fit and an easy build?

I'm having problems with some recently-bought silicone diaphragms (YS-8DMH) expanding on contact with shock oil, getting caught up in the cap threads, and making the shock hard to build consistently. Never seemed to be a problem in the very first bladder shocks I had on my SD.

And how do you find the new blue o-rings (YS-7HG)?
Get those yellow sshock bladder and o-rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!......the blue one are on this site too but the tn yellows are more superior when it comes to preventing leaks and minimal expansion!

http://www.rc-race-and-drift-japan.c...ha_filter_id=0
Old 08-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

i use the black one as it's mostly recommended...so far no problem...

the std transparent bladder is too soft...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.