Like Tree2Likes

HPI Cup Racer 1M

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ppabalan
Hi redbones, please check our website www.abchobbyusa.com
we are now in California and we have all parts, kits on stock now,
tires, our tires are great check them out some of our Racers in our MJGTC Series are very satified with our tires last the whole series, including the M03 fans they like it.

We are here to bring and support MINI racing back in the US, we've Started
with our MJGTC Series, and coming up soon is the RCGT Showdown mini, please let
us know how can be of help firin up the MINI action in your area

www.abchobbyusa.com
http://mjgtc.com
http://www.rcgtshowdown.com/
Thank you! We need more guys like you to get mini going again. I'll be sure to spread the word.
I've also tried your tires on the M03, and loved it. It had a good balance between grip(no traction rolling) and wear.

BTW, does the genetic come as a kit or RTR only?
Old 06-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by redbones
Thank you! We need more guys like you to get mini going again. I'll be sure to spread the word.
I've also tried your tires on the M03, and loved it. It had a good balance between grip(no traction rolling) and wear.

BTW, does the genetic come as a kit or RTR only?
They come semi assmbled, all you need is to add your favorite radio motor, and ECS then paint the body, dont forget to glue the tires, then you are Ready to race

Last edited by ppabalan; 06-04-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Tech Regular

Finally. after about 1 month of assembling then sitting on my ass not really doing crap with my Cup Racer it has a body:

A closer look to see the foam tires. LOL, just too bad my photography bites so you really don't see jack:

The parts issue really sucks right about now. We actually have a mini race this sunday and my buddy just busted an axle shaft and I nuked my spur gear (my fault... never set mesh by eye!) I needed the parts so I had to make the order.
Everyone I know with a Cup Racer has had problems with them except me. The melted spur was my fault so that doesn't count.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i hardly run my 1M in fear of busting it up, when will HPI get our parts on LHS shelves ???
Old 06-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

I'd assume that Cup Racer parts should be available within 2 weeks or maybe even less. I could've sworn I heard parts should be available around the end of May.

Of 5 guys I know with Cup Racers, only one of them hasn't been having problems (which happens to be me!) 2 of them have problems with 85281-10 (diff input cup) with the 3 little plastic nipples breaking off. The other 2 have problems with 85285 (axle shafts) easily breaking and letting the pin fall out. Here's to hoping HPI improves the quality of parts.
Old 06-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ....

This is the reason why mini class is dead at our club. They are hard to come by, and many people don't want to deal with intl' shipping. Great way to kill off a class. And those tires that come with the cup racer, they wear prematurely, and lasted about 2-3 batt packs. Not all that different from the tamiya 60D. I'm not sure why HPI stopped making the X-patterns, but they are missing out on potential sales at this rate.

To HPI: If you ever decide to re-issue the mini xpatterns, please make LOTS of them and not turn it into some unobtanium. Simply because people will want it and buy them.
We have re-ordered both of Mini X-Patterns and will be stocking them shortly. We will also bring back some of the Mini wheels.

Thanks,

AH
Old 06-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default RE: Parts

Currently HRP Distributing has all the spare parts that hpi has in stock. To see which parts hpi has in stock, you can visit the hpi site, Cup Racer, Spare Parts...anything that has an "Add to Cart" icon on it is available (FYI...RC Shops...it should also mean that HRP Distributing has it in they're stock)
Old 06-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

ANDYH, are you crazy! we need ball diffs and sway bar kits. when are they going to be availible.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

Originally Posted by bigb11
ANDYH, are you crazy! we need ball diffs and sway bar kits. when are they going to be availible.
...I am crazy
Old 06-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

order from hpi... I hope to have someone from HPI deliver it in person within 24hours for that amount of s/h.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

order from hpi... I hope to have someone from HPI deliver it in person within 24hours for that amount of s/h.
...the buy direct from hpi option is meant as a last resort when you absolutely cannot find it anywhere. It is MSRP because hpi does not want to undercut and hurt any LHS. At this point we have the parts and HRP has the parts, other distributors are ordering the parts. hpi can only do so much when the local shop doesn't order the parts. The idea has always been to support you're local shop.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by andyh
...I am crazy
AndyH, I am sorry to call you crazy, but I just want to make this cup car as good as it can be. LONG LIVE HPI!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

Originally Posted by bigb11
AndyH, I am sorry to call you crazy, but I just want to make this cup car as good as it can be. LONG LIVE HPI!!!!!!!!!!
..hey we're all little crazy about something haha!

...phew the instant web ecom button status changer thingy really came in handy today haha JK
Old 06-05-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andyh
..hey we're all little crazy about something haha!

...phew the instant web ecom button status changer thingy really came in handy today haha JK
what up andy do u remeber me haha
r u coming to 301 this year for the race u better haha
Old 06-05-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

AndyH, you better get that button fixed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.