Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ollie RDX
Haha man i was in Portugal for the tamiya EurocupFinals so i saw the Japanees Guy's from tamiya! My Friend Gunther Vansteay Was World Champion Tamiya and he knows the boss of Tamiya so! And i still drive the MSX2 for Tamiyacup in Belgium and i'm in the lead so!
Greetings Ollie

and your point?you seem to know nothing and are very short sited.
were did you get the quotes for how much marc gets?proof or hear say?
iam sure marc gets much more for that for winning worlds and lrp race.
iam sure they get more then 25,000 pound,althogether in sponsorship,i may be wrong,is estimating really worth anything in this case?
may i ask the name of 'the boss' of tamiya,as i suspect they have many different bosses for the different departments they have,plus many bosses at tamiya america.
or do you mean they owner of tamiya plastics japan inc?
Old 05-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Anyway would you care to explain how Mr Suzuki and Mr Tamiya are brothers ?
Old 05-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
Anyway would you care to explain how Mr Suzuki and Mr Tamiya are brothers ?
Because the sister of mr tamiya is married with mr Suzuki or something like that! Marc got that much Because Gunther and Marc are really good friends he said that to gunther so en Uwe Said that to!
Greetings Ollie!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rick Draper
I was just about to state the same as well.

Go do some practicing with your Corally young boy.
Its not because i drive the RDX that you have to discriminate me bacause i like the RDX more than the Tamiya it feels better to me so! And Jonas Kaerup and Marc Fisher and Sakke and SImo Ahonieme are helping me to and i help them so and we help other Driver to that ran a Corally but aren't Teamdrivers.

For tamiya its not that a bit more difficult so!
The MSX2 is a beautifull car!
Old 05-22-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

gonna jump in with my view here....

I doubt the next tamiya belt will be mid motor. A number of reasons....
1) the car is pretty well balanced at the moment.
2) if you adopt a mid motor, you can't get the cells as close to the centre-line, as you have to make space for two belts rather than one. The cells close to the centreline will have more affect than the motor being in the middle.
3) My feeling on why the 05 has a mid motor, is simply it's is aimed at the club racer, and as such designed with a regard for the economics of racing, hence why the the belts are the same length, makes it cheaper.

To back this up... the latest version of the Stallion (as used by adachi recently) distinctly shows it with the motor mounted even further back in the car... and don't forget the Losi JRXS with the rear motor. Mounting it back would have a positive affect on gaining traction when accelerating.
The main change I can see happening is moving the front belt to the left of the centreline (like the Cyclone and BD), allowing the batterys even closer to the centreline.

And as for the TF5 / MSX debate... a load of crap... in general most TC's look the same... but it's in the details where the differences lie.

Ed
Old 05-22-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

My problem is, it's my job !

And i'll prove so by saying that if we consider the new TRF 501X, which is obviously a copy cat of the BX, we can then deduce that the sister in law of the boss of Tamiya is the aunt of the nephew of the grand father of the best man of the son of the big boss at yokomo.
And this proves that TRF415boy is the king of bo**ox... he just loves them
Old 05-22-2006, 11:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

liking Corraly and calling someone a bounty racer is very two-faced......Corally is the king on non-team work due to awards they pay out based on finish...I could name names of actual team corally members who refuse to help or give ANY info to other full team corraly members...and also say actual team corrally members have refused to help anyone on the track with a corally as well...

calling Corraly a 'Team' is misleading as a team works together
in fact saying Corraly helps the sport at all is misleading. Teams that help the sport help people, really simple

sorry Tamiya guys had to say it

tryhard I think is correct about mid motors and new cars
Old 05-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Would like to hear how durable the Tamiya 415 Driect Drive spool w/ the delrin cups are from drivers experience. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Tsquare
Would like to hear how durable the Tamiya 415 Driect Drive spool w/ the delrin cups are from drivers experience. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
well, broke one cup first try out...went three club races without a break then broke one in practice...now I have the p-dub front bumper and I actually did the same exact crash that broke my first one and it did nothing..

rc champ hooked me up with some extra cups, they sell them alone

I also got some of the steel cups the ta-05 spool uses just incase as they fit the 415 delrin spool just fine.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

The tamiya spool is good but if you crash a cup will brake! A friend of Uwe Rheinhard makes the best Spools! It does not brake and it doenst have any vibrations!! I have one for my MSX2(for tamiyacup only)
Greetings Only
Old 05-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I broke the Delrin spools pretty quick (probably because it was the first time trying a spool and not set-up right). The steel TA05 spool outdrives fit and no breakage since.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ollie RDX
Haha man i was in Portugal for the tamiya EurocupFinals so i saw the Japanees Guy's from tamiya!

And when i was in Japan for the world finals a few year back with David Joos i saw Suzukis unkles, aunties ex-husband walking into a hobby shop with a kyosho sticker above the door, he was involved in the prototype sign writing for kyosho and was known to be designing them in a Mr Miagi style with a subtle flip on the K.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Draper
And when i was in Japan for the world finals a few year back with David Joos i saw Suzukis unkles, aunties ex-husband walking into a hobby shop with a kyosho sticker above the door, he was involved in the prototype sign writing for kyosho and was known to be designing them in a Mr Miagi style with a subtle flip on the K.
Hereby I, TRF415Boy, King of the Bo...cks, make you, Dick Raper, Pair of bo...cks. May you make me proud in the future as you made me proud today.

Last edited by TRF415boy; 05-22-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hereby I, TRF415Boy, King of the Bo...cks, make you, Dick Raper, Pair of bo...cks. May you make me proud in the future as you made me proud today.
So funny btw the world Tamiya finals are always in JAPAN!!
Greetings Ollie
Old 05-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
gonna jump in with my view here....

I doubt the next tamiya belt will be mid motor. A number of reasons....
1) the car is pretty well balanced at the moment.
2) if you adopt a mid motor, you can't get the cells as close to the centre-line, as you have to make space for two belts rather than one. The cells close to the centreline will have more affect than the motor being in the middle.
3) My feeling on why the 05 has a mid motor, is simply it's is aimed at the club racer, and as such designed with a regard for the economics of racing, hence why the the belts are the same length, makes it cheaper.

To back this up... the latest version of the Stallion (as used by adachi recently) distinctly shows it with the motor mounted even further back in the car... and don't forget the Losi JRXS with the rear motor. Mounting it back would have a positive affect on gaining traction when accelerating.
The main change I can see happening is moving the front belt to the left of the centreline (like the Cyclone and BD), allowing the batterys even closer to the centreline.

And as for the TF5 / MSX debate... a load of crap... in general most TC's look the same... but it's in the details where the differences lie.

Ed
The reason why the Cyclone has the front belt off set is so that the centre-point steering bellcrank can be placed in the correct location.

If you have a close look at the Cyclone, the cells aren't really any closer to the centre because even with the belt to one side - the spur gear is now in the way of getting the cells closer. Either the cells would have to come forward to clear the spur, or the layshaft moved back.

I think your first point is right - the MSX is well balanced the way it is.

BTW it is possible to move the motor to the middle AND get the cells closer to the centre-line - it requires the support bulkhead closest to the cells to be moved in at the lower part so the cells can squeeze in there - the Top Racing Scythe has used that idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.