Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edracer1
So Rheinard and Hara will be on the same Hot Bodies team, wow. You know I've often wondered how much much they pay these top drivers. I mean are they under contract, salaried, are paid by each race? And I wish some of the factory top racers would be required to tour just our local tracks and race with us local hacks, now that would be fun to see.

I don't know how much they get paid but I always see Surikarn driving either a new blue Mecedes mini van or a new black Honda Accord. I think it also has to do not with just one sponser paying you. Maybe Futaba/Hot Bodies/MMR/etc.....
Old 05-22-2006, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
There isn't any and the "sloppiness" isn't a problem either, all you'll get with taking the slop out is a steering that binds, and the car won't feel any better on the track. My advice is leave it as it is.
How about shimming the bell cranks? Also, do you have to thread lock the screws going thru the flanged bearings to keep them from roaming? It's really becoming a hassle to find the steering fine, one minute, then binding in another.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kewdawg
How about shimming the bell cranks? Also, do you have to thread lock the screws going thru the flanged bearings to keep them from roaming? It's really becoming a hassle to find the steering fine, one minute, then binding in another.
Here's what i do for the bellcranks, add a shim on each side, screw the top deck and see if it's free. If yes add another shim on each side and repeat until it binds, then remove the last set of shims. Never had a screw coming loose on my steering so i never had any threadlock on them. And the play on the carbon plate doesn't affect much the wheels it's only in your mind.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Here's what i do for the bellcranks, add a shim on each side, screw the top deck and see if it's free. If yes add another shim on each side and repeat until it binds, then remove the last set of shims. Never had a screw coming loose on my steering so i never had any threadlock on them. And the play on the carbon plate doesn't affect much the wheels it's only in your mind.
Thanks.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

right or wrong in everyone elses mind... here is what I did for the steering.

Take a tiny amount of CA and glue the bearings into the carbon fiber steering plate. From there I shimmed the posts like everyone else is mentioning and also made sure there was one shim under each bearing between it and the steering arms.

There is now very little slop in my steering. There is still some, which I would consider to be good because if it was tighter - I think it would be binding. Right now its still super free, just a heck of a lot less slop.

Only downside - if you have to replace those bearings, you have to replace the carbon fiber plate more then likely. But to me, the benefit was worth the cost. Just be sure to not use tons of CA or you'll get it in the bearings or you'll lock them up. I've had the car like this for a month and a half with no problems.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys I'm looking for the part number for 4 degree c-hubs for the original front suspension on the 415.

Thanks,
Old 05-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XMSRacing
also made sure there was one shim under each bearing between it and the steering arms.
We should only use one shim? The manual calls for two.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kewdawg
We should only use one shim? The manual calls for two.
I use two, with one it would bind when reaching the end points.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
I knew it you were going to say that.

I wonder if he was refering to the new TF-5(?) Kyosho belt car....it also has a shaft version too....

You have to know that the boss of tamiya is the brother of the boss of Kyosho so its normal that those 2 work together! The TA-05 Was a test car for the Kyosho TF-05 Stallion!
Greetings Ollie
Old 05-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ollie RDX
You have to know that the boss of tamiya is the brother of the boss of Kyosho so its normal that those 2 work together! The TA-05 Was a test car for the Kyosho TF-05 Stallion!
Greetings Ollie
can you stop talking bo...cks ?
Old 05-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JoeyE
I don't know how much they get paid but I always see Surikarn driving either a new blue Mecedes mini van or a new black Honda Accord. I think it also has to do not with just one sponser paying you. Maybe Futaba/Hot Bodies/MMR/etc.....
Rheinhard is a Bountyracer! He got 10 000$ for winning the worlds he got 5 000$ for winning the LRP Masters so! And Marc is riden the whole nes BMW 530D Break Full Option!
Greetings Ollie
Old 05-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

What is your problem?
It is true!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

I was just about to state the same as well.

Go do some practicing with your Corally young boy.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rick Draper
I was just about to state the same as well.

Go do some practicing with your Corally young boy.
Haha man i was in Portugal for the tamiya EurocupFinals so i saw the Japanees Guy's from tamiya! My Friend Gunther Vansteay Was World Champion Tamiya and he knows the boss of Tamiya so! And i still drive the MSX2 for Tamiyacup in Belgium and i'm in the lead so!
Greetings Ollie
Old 05-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ollie RDX
What is your problem?
It is true!
My problem is, it's my job !

And i'll prove so by saying that if we consider the new TRF 501X, which is obviously a copy cat of the BX, we can then deduce that the sister in law of the boss of Tamiya is the aunt of the nephew of the grand father of the best man of the son of the big boss at yokomo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.