Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by edracer1
Has anyone heard of a New car coming out? It has RED anodized alum parts vs BLUE. I was thinking of getting a Tamiya but not sure if the 415 MSX is being considered an old version by Tamiya and thus being replaced.
I was also thinking of the XRAY. I have a TC4 now.
Buy The TRF415 MSX Refine Kit2 this is the best Tamiya car on the market!
But the best Touring car is still the RDX
Greetings Ollie
Old 05-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone heard of a New car coming out? It has RED anodized alum parts vs BLUE. I was thinking of getting a Tamiya but not sure if the 415 MSX is being considered an old version by Tamiya and thus being replaced.
And I don't mean the EVO3 Surikarn edition.
Sounds like your thinking of the new Kyosho belt car. No confirmed plans for a new tamiya belt car as yet, the top TRF guys are still running the MSX, albeit with a few prototype parts. Can't go wrong with an MSX tbh, it's one of the fastest out there.

HiH
Ed
Old 05-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ollie RDX
Buy The TRF415 MSX Refine Kit2 this is the best Tamiya car on the market!
But the best Touring car is still the RDX
Greetings Ollie
I knew it you were going to say that.

I wonder if he was refering to the new TF-5(?) Kyosho belt car....it also has a shaft version too....

Last edited by JRRobiso; 05-21-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think you're right. It must be the TK-5.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

I think you're right. It must be the TK-5.
If ever Tamiya does come out w/ another TRF belt car, I wouldn't be surprise to see something similar to the layout of the drivetrain which is similar to the TA05 & the picture of Kyosho's belt car. But of course it will have to be in blue alum parts.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ollie RDX
If you use a battery strap you have no more tweak on that side only on the other side! thats why they use tape!
Greetings Ollie
I know what you mean, and that was another reason behind the move. I'd only ever ran the 415 with a FK04 battery strap though, and since going onto the tape, I have not really noticed that the car becomes tweaked any less that much. But still, I've had my best results with the car since running the tape, so I'll stick with it, especially as I got some nice Blue bling tape, the xenon stuff.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JoeyE
I have an extra Shooters spool. But I will not be back in CA until this coming weekend. I am partying overseas right now

If you can wait til then, I can send it to you when I get back.
Thanks Joey, I ordered a Shooters spool out of Japan today, I hope it gets here for the weekend.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

And I don't mean the EVO3 Surikarn edition.
Have not heard of a new belt drive car from Tamiya, I think they are still upgrading the current 415MSX (new steering similar to EVO 5 coming out). If you get the MSX you will be very happy. Excellent car, no coincidence why it keeps winning world championships - and Tamiya is continually working to make the car better. It is the best all around TC car today - bar none. I think Tamiya's next up-grade for the 415 belt drive car will be something similar to the TA05, but that is just conjecture on my part. Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

I'm predicting Tamiya's next tourer to have the middle motor, twin equal length belt design based on the TA05, with the EVO 5's new steering system and short suspension arms. Aluminium diff and front one-way pulleys may be a slight, but not probable, possibility, completely new shock towers, upper and lower deck of course, and of course it may once again be just ladder pack orientated...
Old 05-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tsquare
Have not heard of a new belt drive car from Tamiya, I think they are still upgrading the current 415MSX (new steering similar to EVO 5 coming out). If you get the MSX you will be very happy. Excellent car, no coincidence why it keeps winning world championships - and Tamiya is continually working to make the car better. It is the best all around TC car today - bar none. I think Tamiya's next up-grade for the 415 belt drive car will be something similar to the TA05, but that is just conjecture on my part. Good luck with your decision.
we'll have to see how that goes now that Surikarn is returning to Tamiya to be the EVO 5 main-man, while Marc Rheinhard is moving over to Hot Bodies...
Old 05-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

anyone wants to share their 'fix' please?

thanks.

Originally Posted by Edgarski
so this assembly is not a fix for the sloppiness on the steering?...guys any tips to minimize the slop especially on the flanged bearings. I tried super gluing it on the plate to no avail.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Edgarski
anyone wants to share their 'fix' please?

thanks.
There isn't any and the "sloppiness" isn't a problem either, all you'll get with taking the slop out is a steering that binds, and the car won't feel any better on the track. My advice is leave it as it is.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

I see. Thanks a lot.

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
There isn't any and the "sloppiness" isn't a problem either, all you'll get with taking the slop out is a steering that binds, and the car won't feel any better on the track. My advice is leave it as it is.
Old 05-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viet_mafia
we'll have to see how that goes now that Surikarn is returning to Tamiya to be the EVO 5 main-man, while Marc Rheinhard is moving over to Hot Bodies...
Is this for real?
Old 05-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kenneth Tan
Is this for real?
I was thinking of the same thing myself after reading what he wrote.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.