Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by viper1
Hi Alan,

The truth is that the drive train u are seeing on the MSX from the Tamiya team is from the TA05. they also have a new steering bell crank system on the cars. According to Marc and Satoshi this 2.25 drive train from the 05 is actually smoother than the original one how true i am not sure.

Cheers.
I guess you're right about that. We'll probably see more pics & info re the new mods soon.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Got a diff built for the front (Tamiya/Yokomo) for my local club (extremely tight track ), but it wobbles from side to side. Should i put shims to the sides of the diff or leave it and if i need shims can you tell me what sizes please

Cheers, Charles
Old 02-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah i noticed the checkpoint motor too.
And my spur gear holder is carbon fiber.
And a quick question....
The front and the rear wheels have alot of play way more than my old car.
Is it supposed to be like this or how could i fix it?
Old 02-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Joys of a tamiya . My car is like that but it seems fine. To try and limit the slop in the wheels add a shim or two behind the pin which holds the wheel hex on

Charles
Old 02-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Charles Godwin
Got a diff built for the front (Tamiya/Yokomo) for my local club (extremely tight track ), but it wobbles from side to side. Should i put shims to the sides of the diff or leave it and if i need shims can you tell me what sizes please

Cheers, Charles
hey charles you should use 10 mmx 0.1mm shimms.. tamiya makes them, make sure there a tiny bit of play too.

And yes my wheels have a lot of slack to. i put 2 shims under it. I still have slack but none is not always good.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey

i've just got hold of a 415ms can anybody tell me if the msx conversion kits are still avalible and were i could get one from (preferbly in the uk)
Old 02-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Many hobby stores have the conversion kits that will ship to you.
Precision rc has the best price i think. $180usd.
http://www.precisionrc.com/nv/car/pr...oduct_id=12463
Hope this helps.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Simon A
Many hobby stores have the conversion kits that will ship to you.
Precision rc has the best price i think. $180usd.
http://www.precisionrc.com/nv/car/pr...oduct_id=12463
Hope this helps.

That is spot on thanks
Old 02-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

I have been running 12th scale the last few months and it’s getting close to outdoor time and I have to decide what touring car to get. I live in OH and we run foam tires out side. Has anyone tried the 415 like this, if so what do you think? I have posted this in T2 and cyclone forms also; I didn’t want to start another this vs. that thread. I am leaning heavily towards this car, but after the love affair I had with my Fk05 it’s hard to pull the switch.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Formula1fan
I have been running 12th scale the last few months and it’s getting close to outdoor time and I have to decide what touring car to get. I live in OH and we run foam tires out side. Has anyone tried the 415 like this, if so what do you think? I have posted this in T2 and cyclone forms also; I didn’t want to start another this vs. that thread. I am leaning heavily towards this car, but after the love affair I had with my Fk05 it’s hard to pull the switch.
One of the tracks I raced at last summer was Open Mod/Foam tires...

The 415 was awesome and required very little setup change from week to week. Especially with foam tires on asphault. That type of racing is not that common but easy to run fast with Mod motors. Our track was about 200x100ft...I ran both the standard and LW type suspension with both being very durable.

I've owned a FK05 and that car is awesome as well. For strictly foam/carpet racing I'd run the FK05. But for any rubber tire or outdoor racing (foam or rubber tire) I like the 415, 415MS, MSX cars.

Any of the cars you mentioned will work well though.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hey Rod could not see the difference between each side of thrust, am I using the right one or were you just messin with us. Numan wanted me to take a picture for you on both sides and you tell us what side to use.

Hey but in a serious note thanks for the help put in the carbide balls in and it made a huge difference in how my car handled. I finally had a rear diff. I think it helped Numan too.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Hey Rod could not see the difference between each side of thrust, am I using the right one or were you just messin with us. Numan wanted me to take a picture for you on both sides and you tell us what side to use.

Hey but in a serious note thanks for the help put in the carbide balls in and it made a huge difference in how my car handled. I finally had a rear diff. I think it helped Numan too.
Look at the brass sleeve in the center of the bearing, one side is square, the other has a small chamfer.
Old 02-21-2006, 01:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default MSX with TA05 drive train.

Originally Posted by viper1
Hi Alan,

The truth is that the drive train u are seeing on the MSX from the Tamiya team is from the TA05. they also have a new steering bell crank system on the cars. According to Marc and Satoshi this 2.25 drive train from the 05 is actually smoother than the original one how true i am not sure.

Cheers.
Hi,

does somebody know what would be necessary to buy in order to get the TA05 drive train fitting in the MSX? (I mean also the black belts?)
I have to confess that I also would like to have this "new" steering bell crank system on my car, since I am not happy with the original nor with the wobling Spur.

thanks in advance

Cy
Old 02-21-2006, 02:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Drcy
Hi,

does somebody know what would be necessary to buy in order to get the TA05 drive train fitting in the MSX? (I mean also the black belts?)
I have to confess that I also would like to have this "new" steering bell crank system on my car, since I am not happy with the original nor with the wobling Spur.

thanks in advance

Cy
I don't think you can get the belts from anywhere else than the producer. For the spur, they're just using the TA05 spur holder that goes with the pulleys that's why the spur mounts the other way round.. Oh and the reason the belts are black is they don't exist in white on that size.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Hey Rod could not see the difference between each side of thrust, am I using the right one or were you just messin with us.
Hi Mike, it's somewhat hard to notice but I have attached an illustration that demonstrates what to look for. It's hard to see at times but you should be able to see it. I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-thrust-bearing.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.