Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ben.C
Maybe UK drivers can lias with US drivers to get the chassis for you guys then ship it over to UK.
That's exactly what I was trying to suggest.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Another question , on the upper arm position (the aluminium bit which connects to the shock towers) what is the effect of changing from position 2 to 1 or 3 on the front, and from position 2 to 1 on the rear?

Thanks, Charles
Old 02-01-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default MSX out of the Box on Carpet

Originally Posted by Charles Godwin
Hi Rick i have only just really got the car but on high grip carpet i have all the shims as standard at this point, Ride honda accord (A), Xray light blue springs, AE 40wt oil, 1*camber all around, 6mm ride height, no roll bars, direct centre pulley and 1 way at the front, front shocks moved in 1 hole on the shock towers. I'm gunna try a 1mm shim under the rear front block. To me it feels safe and easy to drive with full additive on rear and half additive on the front. I also use Take-Off CS22 preglued tyres with LRP carpet additive .

Charles
I found that your suggestion was a bit better than the out of the box setup but - still - I have more grip with this car than with other before but the times are not fast enough (about 0,5sec slower than my RDX) and everytime I try to make the car more agile I start loosing the rear.
Can be that the chassis is not rigid enough, or something else, but I do not know what to do...
Suggestions are welcome

rgds

Cy
Old 02-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking RE: 4MM CHASSIS!

Originally Posted by Ballsie
That's exactly what I was trying to suggest.
Steve at WWW.SPEEDTECHRC.COM , sure will be able to get them thru TAMIYA and should be able to sell them at a reasonable price! He's my main connection for all my Tamiya needs!!
Old 02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking SET-UP ISSUES!!!

Originally Posted by Drcy
I found that your suggestion was a bit better than the out of the box setup but - still - I have more grip with this car than with other before but the times are not fast enough (about 0,5sec slower than my RDX) and everytime I try to make the car more agile I start loosing the rear.
Can be that the chassis is not rigid enough, or something else, but I do not know what to do...
Suggestions are welcome

rgds

Cy
Sounds like you need more toe-in or more camber in the back end! OH, and don't use any spacers underneath the blocks for the rear!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

I made a refined version of the MSX editable set up sheet. But...I don't know how to post it for eveyone to download it. Too large to upload as a PDF (1.5mb). Could someone PM me and let me how to post a link so everyone can dowload a file from my server. Thanks.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

I now have a MSX4 Will post some pics up later on. Bits fit straight on only needed to file the rear wishbones slightly.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:10 AM

Default 415 Spool's

Hi guys !
Im new here, but I just wondered what ur opinion is about spools ? Do u race them, and which omes do u use ? I race both my EvoIV and my MSX in Stock and it seems that more and more runs spools both in Stock and Mod.

Best Regards
Old 02-02-2006, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sohlman
I made a refined version of the MSX editable set up sheet. But...I don't know how to post it for eveyone to download it. Too large to upload as a PDF (1.5mb). Could someone PM me and let me how to post a link so everyone can dowload a file from my server. Thanks.
Maybe email it to Tryhard and he can put it onto his site - http://www.thard.co.uk/
Old 02-02-2006, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Charles Godwin
Another question , on the upper arm position (the aluminium bit which connects to the shock towers) what is the effect of changing from position 2 to 1 or 3 on the front, and from position 2 to 1 on the rear?

Thanks, Charles
Hello,

Up Front: Shorter link = less steering and more stable going inn to corners!!

Rear: Shorter link = more High Speed steering and more stabillity, "Less Grip"
Rear: Longer link = More turn inn, more traction, but less stabillity!!

This is more or less what you will feel when you make this changes....
Old 02-02-2006, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

TryHard, are you open to that? PM me.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

sohlman, YGPM
Old 02-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TRF-Alex
Hi guys !
Im new here, but I just wondered what ur opinion is about spools ? Do u race them, and which omes do u use ? I race both my EvoIV and my MSX in Stock and it seems that more and more runs spools both in Stock and Mod.

Best Regards
I race my MSX bot indoors on carpet (with rubber-tires) and outdoors. Outdoors I almost ALWAYS runs the spool, as I think it has a big advantage in comparison to diff or oneway..... The pull out of corners, and the ability to bring the cars to a stop at the end of the straights. Outdoors I would say I use the spool 95 % of the time, and and indoors around 50-75% of the time. It tends to make the car understeer a little, but this is compensated by the braking, and I have seen my lap-times drop 1-2-3 tenths when going from one-way to spool !

Best Regards
Jimmy
Old 02-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sohlman
TryHard, are you open to that? PM me.
Lol we already made an interactive setup sheet for the MSX.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Eirik

Charles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.