Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Shooters Alum Spool for 415

Would like to know any feedback from those who are currently using the alum spool by Shooters. Thanks for the responses.
its pretty good, and durable, but keep from hitting the wall too hard because the outdrives egg out and the pins the outdrives sit on can fall out, but they are 2x10 mm, easy replacement. i saw someone hit the wall less hard than i did, and he broke his speedtech spool, and that sukers steel
Old 11-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Red face re shooters spool

hi i used my msx with shooters spool for first time yesterday, i dont know what went wrong half way first race car starting making funny noise speed dropped right off, after inspection both outdrives had shead open, the right hand drive sharft was all eaten out as well, the only thing i can think off is that i havent fitted propley, as i was abit suspect on how the drive sharfts didnot fit right into outdrives, they were 2-3 mm inside drive cups, i was using the 46 mm sharfts as well, i also wonder if msx bulkheads a different from ms, if anyone can tell me what im doing wrong id appreciate it, before car lost speed it was really going well, id really like to get more then one run, thanks idar66
Old 11-13-2005, 05:52 PM
CND
Tech Rookie

Hmm i just smashed the left rear outdrive.. Is the white plastic tamiya one "reinforced" much stronger? Its been ordered already, i wouldnt mind ally outdrives though if anyone knows where i can get some?

Thanks
Jack
Old 11-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I was looking to buy a TRF415 regular/MS with this week's paycheck but I don't see anyone carrying a kit anymore. What's the deal?
Old 11-13-2005, 06:30 PM
CND
Tech Rookie

Dude i got mine(Regular) from stellamodels on ebay, great speedy service and a decent price i think.

http://stores.ebay.com/stellamodels
Old 11-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Arrow

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
its pretty good, and durable, but keep from hitting the wall too hard because the outdrives egg out and the pins the outdrives sit on can fall out, but they are 2x10 mm, easy replacement. i saw someone hit the wall less hard than i did, and he broke his speedtech spool, and that sukers steel
Thanks for the response. Was wondering if the guy who smashed into the wall harder than you was using the light weight ver of the SpeedTech spool. Coz it also happened to me as well 2 months ago & that's why I switched back to the original version. Currently I'm using the Tamiya spool but noticed immediate small amount of wear in the outdrives during it's first run. Ended up putting anti-wear grease (hope it helps).

Currently looking for sturdy dish wheels & some of the guys run their race tires with SPEEDMIND dish wheels. Does anybody know where I can get the wheels from whether it be in 4/8 packs colored white or even pre-mounted ones with Sorex/CS or RP tires?
Old 11-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CND
Hmm i just smashed the left rear outdrive.. Is the white plastic tamiya one "reinforced" much stronger? Its been ordered already, i wouldnt mind ally outdrives though if anyone knows where i can get some?

Thanks
Jack

No, the reinforced one is just harder so the joint won't wear out as fast as the stock one. The reinforced one is actually easier to crack. I have a TB-02 with the reinforced diff joint and one I smashed one side, the diff joint broke.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Default TRF415 MS

Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
I was looking to buy a TRF415 regular/MS with this week's paycheck but I don't see anyone carrying a kit anymore. What's the deal?

YGPM!!
Old 11-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

i am running the standard suspension, but the front aluminium ball studs keep snapping off in the uprights.

does anyone know any harder material options?
Old 11-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CND
Dude i got mine(Regular) from stellamodels on ebay, great speedy service and a decent price i think.

http://stores.ebay.com/stellamodels
Thanks for the link, but it looks like they don't have any currently for bid/sale.

Originally Posted by koabich
YGPM!!
Thank you. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BritRacer
i am running the standard suspension, but the front aluminium ball studs keep snapping off in the uprights.

does anyone know any harder material options?
The Evo IV/415 MS ball connector/kingpins are harder, and have not had one snap on me since using them. Whereas the standard 415 ones snap like twigs.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Burlap
The Evo IV/415 MS ball connector/kingpins are harder, and have not had one snap on me since using them. Whereas the standard 415 ones snap like twigs.
do you know a part no. or have a link to them. All i can find is the alu ones and the kingpins, not the 5mm balls that so on the steering part of the upright.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

do you know a part no. or have a link to them. All i can find is the alu ones and the kingpins, not the 5mm balls that so on the steering part of the upright.
Part no #51101 - TB EVOLUTION 4 PILOBALL KING PIN
Old 11-14-2005, 01:51 AM
CND
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by trf_racer
No, the reinforced one is just harder so the joint won't wear out as fast as the stock one. The reinforced one is actually easier to crack. I have a TB-02 with the reinforced diff joint and one I smashed one side, the diff joint broke.
Ohh bugger..

Do you perhapse know if any ally or steel outdrives have been made for our car?

Thanks
Jack
Old 11-14-2005, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

I gotcha, what you want are these
since there is a screw going through them you won't break them. It's a good idea to use them in the rear uprights too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.