R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2005, 03:59 PM   #11251
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,506
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Shooters Alum Spool for 415

Would like to know any feedback from those who are currently using the alum spool by Shooters. Thanks for the responses.
its pretty good, and durable, but keep from hitting the wall too hard because the outdrives egg out and the pins the outdrives sit on can fall out, but they are 2x10 mm, easy replacement. i saw someone hit the wall less hard than i did, and he broke his speedtech spool, and that sukers steel
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 05:22 PM   #11252
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7
Red face re shooters spool

hi i used my msx with shooters spool for first time yesterday, i dont know what went wrong half way first race car starting making funny noise speed dropped right off, after inspection both outdrives had shead open, the right hand drive sharft was all eaten out as well, the only thing i can think off is that i havent fitted propley, as i was abit suspect on how the drive sharfts didnot fit right into outdrives, they were 2-3 mm inside drive cups, i was using the 46 mm sharfts as well, i also wonder if msx bulkheads a different from ms, if anyone can tell me what im doing wrong id appreciate it, before car lost speed it was really going well, id really like to get more then one run, thanks idar66
idar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 06:52 PM   #11253
CND
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Posts: 19
Send a message via AIM to CND Send a message via MSN to CND
Default

Hmm i just smashed the left rear outdrive.. Is the white plastic tamiya one "reinforced" much stronger? Its been ordered already, i wouldnt mind ally outdrives though if anyone knows where i can get some?

Thanks
Jack
CND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 07:10 PM   #11254
Tech Fanatic
 
Thai3g_Eclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I was looking to buy a TRF415 regular/MS with this week's paycheck but I don't see anyone carrying a kit anymore. What's the deal?
__________________
HPI Savage Flux HP | Tamiya TB-03
Thai3g_Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 07:30 PM   #11255
CND
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Posts: 19
Send a message via AIM to CND Send a message via MSN to CND
Default

Dude i got mine(Regular) from stellamodels on ebay, great speedy service and a decent price i think.

http://stores.ebay.com/stellamodels
CND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 07:39 PM   #11256
Tech Addict
 
JRRobiso's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 659
Send a message via Yahoo to JRRobiso
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014
its pretty good, and durable, but keep from hitting the wall too hard because the outdrives egg out and the pins the outdrives sit on can fall out, but they are 2x10 mm, easy replacement. i saw someone hit the wall less hard than i did, and he broke his speedtech spool, and that sukers steel
Thanks for the response. Was wondering if the guy who smashed into the wall harder than you was using the light weight ver of the SpeedTech spool. Coz it also happened to me as well 2 months ago & that's why I switched back to the original version. Currently I'm using the Tamiya spool but noticed immediate small amount of wear in the outdrives during it's first run. Ended up putting anti-wear grease (hope it helps).

Currently looking for sturdy dish wheels & some of the guys run their race tires with SPEEDMIND dish wheels. Does anybody know where I can get the wheels from whether it be in 4/8 packs colored white or even pre-mounted ones with Sorex/CS or RP tires?
__________________
TAOB Racing Team (2004) | Team Driver #101
TRF415MSX | TRF415MRE | TRF801X/XT | K V1 RRR Evo WCE | K IGT2 Audi A4 DTM | AE SC10 4X4
AKA | Airtronics M11 | Spektrum Pro | Speed Passion BL | OS Engines | Sidewinder Fuel | Ko Propo/JR HV/Savox Servos | MuchMore Racing | Xenon Racing | Speedmind | Sorex Tires | Twister Tires
JRRobiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 07:42 PM   #11257
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CND
Hmm i just smashed the left rear outdrive.. Is the white plastic tamiya one "reinforced" much stronger? Its been ordered already, i wouldnt mind ally outdrives though if anyone knows where i can get some?

Thanks
Jack

No, the reinforced one is just harder so the joint won't wear out as fast as the stock one. The reinforced one is actually easier to crack. I have a TB-02 with the reinforced diff joint and one I smashed one side, the diff joint broke.
trf_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:08 PM   #11258
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default TRF415 MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
I was looking to buy a TRF415 regular/MS with this week's paycheck but I don't see anyone carrying a kit anymore. What's the deal?

YGPM!!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:33 PM   #11259
Tech Elite
 
BritRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 2,081
Default

i am running the standard suspension, but the front aluminium ball studs keep snapping off in the uprights.

does anyone know any harder material options?
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:37 PM   #11260
Tech Fanatic
 
Thai3g_Eclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CND
Dude i got mine(Regular) from stellamodels on ebay, great speedy service and a decent price i think.

http://stores.ebay.com/stellamodels
Thanks for the link, but it looks like they don't have any currently for bid/sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koabich
YGPM!!
Thank you. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.
__________________
HPI Savage Flux HP | Tamiya TB-03
Thai3g_Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:51 PM   #11261
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
i am running the standard suspension, but the front aluminium ball studs keep snapping off in the uprights.

does anyone know any harder material options?
The Evo IV/415 MS ball connector/kingpins are harder, and have not had one snap on me since using them. Whereas the standard 415 ones snap like twigs.
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:56 PM   #11262
Tech Elite
 
BritRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tampere, Finland
Posts: 2,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap
The Evo IV/415 MS ball connector/kingpins are harder, and have not had one snap on me since using them. Whereas the standard 415 ones snap like twigs.
do you know a part no. or have a link to them. All i can find is the alu ones and the kingpins, not the 5mm balls that so on the steering part of the upright.
BritRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #11263
Tech Master
 
Burlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,277
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Burlap
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
do you know a part no. or have a link to them. All i can find is the alu ones and the kingpins, not the 5mm balls that so on the steering part of the upright.
Part no #51101 - TB EVOLUTION 4 PILOBALL KING PIN
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:51 AM   #11264
CND
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Posts: 19
Send a message via AIM to CND Send a message via MSN to CND
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trf_racer
No, the reinforced one is just harder so the joint won't wear out as fast as the stock one. The reinforced one is actually easier to crack. I have a TB-02 with the reinforced diff joint and one I smashed one side, the diff joint broke.
Ohh bugger..

Do you perhapse know if any ally or steel outdrives have been made for our car?

Thanks
Jack
CND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:51 AM   #11265
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritRacer
do you know a part no. or have a link to them. All i can find is the alu ones and the kingpins, not the 5mm balls that so on the steering part of the upright.
I gotcha, what you want are these
since there is a screw going through them you won't break them. It's a good idea to use them in the rear uprights too.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:11 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net