Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here is a very poor translation of some Japanese i found on NaoJuns site, he has been running a MY02R for a few months i believe instead of his usual Evo3 or 414. It is very hard to read but it sort of details why tamiya have gone with a belt drive system on the 415 i believe, then again it might not but it make a wierd read! lol. Rick

<Quote> The reason where this time you could point to lecture taught the thinking difference misunderstanding of the RC maniac people, because you applied, is. In addition, it is the reason where I relate to belt drive. So first Everyone improves, (you see carefully) with the spectacle, to turn the tire, "don't you think? it is light" and "don't you think? it is heavy", there is speech, don't you think?? Concerning this behavior, does everyone how think? This keeping making one expedient which measures the lightness of drive type now the shank. So truth does being to do that it is not many meanings. What is understood with this method does not judge the condition and the like of removal of fat of the bearing and/or accuracy of the drive type component of the section just is recognized lightness of the drive which everyone seeks (perhaps) there is no relationship. Weight of the drive due to the difference of drive type (it is in a state where it is assembled perfectly but...) Being there is no tension of the shaft drive = belt, turning lightly, it is natural. With no load it is highest. 2 belt drive = belts 2 being to be, it is natural that much belt tension to be many, to turn heavily. 1 1 belt drive = belt being to be, if you compare to 2, it turns lightly, but it is natural to turn more heavily than shaft drive, with tension and the routing. But with under working condition largely it changes. In addition, also the fact that power increases to the unexpected place is fact. While just a little thinking, please read. The gear and the belt please think the shape of the tooth as wedge. We will assume that the tire contacts the land and generates big grip! To try probably to move forward in this state, the tire must be turned. If you rephrase, the power which turns the tire which we assume that will not turn, must be applied, don't you think? it means thing. When driving force was applied unreasonably, as for the gear you think that how it becomes? In case of the shaft car, from the small gear transmission direction of 90 degree power is changed into the big gear. As for each gear that from the nature wedged, the mountain flying probably will be caused, the stripe shank? Don't you think? power side increases largely that and vis-a-vis the bearing? In case of the strong gear, power of cross direction increases to the bulkhead. When rigidity of the bulk is insufficient and when there is wobble of the gear which is seen in the diff. and the like, the gear causes the mountain flying and it meaning that the gear is lacking, does. With in case of the RC car as for first fault of the shaft car it is 90 degrees to make convert direction of power. Making the direction of power convert generates big loss. It has been said the belt manufacturer, you say that there is a loss of 6 times that of the belt the time. Also the pulley causes the mountain flying in the same way, but there is no conversion of direction of power. Mountain flying prevention measure of the pulley is to increase number of teeth. Making the power disperse which joins to per 1 mountain by the fact that number of teeth is increased it solves. Solution method of the shaft car by the fact that the material of the gear is designated as the metal and the like makes the gear strong, adds and the firm bulk and the thrust bearing which catches the power of cross direction become necessary. Either one is good, the sea urchin you think? There is another fault of the shaft car. It is the phenomenon which happens direct with the transmission of force. Transmission of force the motor -> the shaft -> the diff. -> universal -> becomes order of the tire, but don't you think? shaft drive is transmitted to direct because the transmission method is the gear? The tire is the lump of friction drag. If the fact that the tire turns is refused, how it becomes? The rear sinks and is packed and next raises the front don't you think?? This time mass balance (as for any on-board things seeing with plane surface, useless! As for the electric battery as for 23 ƒÓ motors 36 it is ƒÓ) mass it is many, (it is heavy) tilting in one, it sinks and is packed and raises the front of opposite side and begins acceleration. The tire ground load being equal, it means being gone. Therefore when rushing, being inclined to one side, being the true ‚Á immediately not to run, it does. It is the phenomenon which is called semi- torque of the motor. The pulley does because quality of looseness and tooth profile of the belt, it is the belt itself rubber make, it meaning that the nature and traction control do. The pulley the mild ‚Ä sends is the easy reason. If number of teeth of the center pulley is increased in regard to the pulley decreasing belt tension, the mountain flying becomes difficult to occur. When number of teeth is increased, also loss increases, but it is possible to decrease tension. Belt tension it is connected to also loss, but it has an influence on also the response. With the difference of length of the F belt and the R belt happens it is possible to adjust drive ratio by the time lag which and the fact that tension front and back is changed. Belt tension you don't think as important matter with respect to setting? Don't you think? it is the unreasonable part in the shaft car? Center one-way installing also the fact that it becomes common is the mistake? Direct good quality of direct is certain ones not to be wrong. This time in the difference of the belt and the shaft either one the advantage?, with you spoke with the theme which is said, but to the last it is desk-top logic. Actually it differs largely even in assembly one! The place where the shaft is best lastly is to roll at the time of power off with the corner. When power does not increase to the gear, when turning by the hand, it is the same as state. In other words, turning by the hand, the car which it turns lightly may be power off means the car which rolls. In the future deciding theme partly, if it can receive, we answer with anything! However don't you think? a little time and in regard to these we wait also your opinion thought. The uncle ‚ã it is T? It is OK with BBS. <Quote>

Last edited by Rick Draper; 12-07-2003 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Sort of difficult ro read and follow
Old 12-07-2003, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

What is the difference between the following? ...

- Shottky Diode
- Super Shottky Diode
- Barrier Shottky Diode

And from which online shop can we order? Thanks
Old 12-07-2003, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Here is also another good article concerning the whole shaft over belt war. Pretty interesting read.

http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=432
Old 12-14-2003, 10:59 PM
Tech Addict

Hmmm...
This thread got quiet all of the sudden. Any new rumors or gossip?
Old 12-15-2003, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Post possible delivery date?

Originally posted by gtypecanare
Hmmm...
This thread got quiet all of the sudden. Any new rumors or gossip?
George,

Just waiting for delivery...interested to know if Tamiya America will allow this car in the 04 TCS series. Have you heard any rumors at the track?

JC
Old 12-15-2003, 07:24 AM

Default availability

Tamiya Canada has placed an order. I don't know when they will arrive, but likely in the Feb/March timeframe.

Martin Crisp
Old 12-16-2003, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

this sux i want one now, time to get rid of the ta04!
Old 12-16-2003, 06:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

So with the 415 coming out I take it that the 414 is dead?Or was it ever alive to begin with.The reason why I'm asking this is it seems that on the local level the 414 never had a big following(not alot of racers using them)Is the 415 going to suffer the same fate?
Old 12-16-2003, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by xxxkat
So with the 415 coming out I take it that the 414 is dead?Or was it ever alive to begin with.The reason why I'm asking this is it seems that on the local level the 414 never had a big following(not alot of racers using them)Is the 415 going to suffer the same fate?
You have to understand. Tamiya produces this items as limited production. They are not going to be as popular and as affordable as say the TC3. But that is one thing about Tamiya cars. They have a following and some sort of Aura to them.
The 414 is done as far as production goes...it's been done for a while now and what you will see circulating will be collectors items.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Will Tamiya still support the 414,and is the 414 still a good race car.
Old 12-17-2003, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

414M is a great race car, it will still be a great race car after 415 is released.

All the racing chassis on the market right now are all pretty good designs. There might be some performance difference between each designs, but they are all good... All capable of winning races.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Woah...this thread kinda died. It's to be expected as all we have to do now is wait hehe.

Now for some more info about the 415:

Here are some exerpts from an email I got from a buddy in Japan. Please keep in mind that I had to exclude some of the information.

"...I just had test run of 415, that car has very efficient drive trane. I ran with other TRF driver at my home track. He drove TB3. Even though my 415 hasn't been set up anything its speed was almost same and running time was longer... If I use better ball bearing and find better set up the car will be much faster..."

It's nice to know that an improperly set up 415 with old bearings can keep up with a dialed Evo3
Old 12-19-2003, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Post hmmmm

Originally posted by rtypec
Woah...this thread kinda died. It's to be expected as all we have to do now is wait hehe.

Now for some more info about the 415:

Here are some exerpts from an email I got from a buddy in Japan. Please keep in mind that I had to exclude some of the information.

"...I just had test run of 415, that car has very efficient drive trane. I ran with other TRF driver at my home track. He drove TB3. Even though my 415 hasn't been set up anything its speed was almost same and running time was longer... If I use better ball bearing and find better set up the car will be much faster..."

It's nice to know that an improperly set up 415 with old bearings can keep up with a dialed Evo3
Good news Rod...so was your friend stateside not long ago?
Old 12-19-2003, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah John, it is who you think it is. He mentions that the 415 would be good for me because I like to eat front one way gears and that I could run mod in the fishbowl and not worry too much about fixing gears after impacts hehe. Just wanted to BAM! me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.