Old 04-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yes narrower just looking for more front bite
Old 04-28-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

edit: nevermind

Last edited by rtypec; 04-28-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-28-2004, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Difuser
yes narrower just looking for more front bite
Welcome to the club! Mine still feels like its lacking on the front end slightly. When i ran my evo on the 415 blocks all round D D front and B D rear the car felt the same as my 415 does so gonna try the A's that arrived the other day this weekend. Rick
Old 04-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Roll Center Setup for 415

Hey Rod,

With all that experimenting you are doing at TA, what are you doing with roll-center, sway bars and uptravel. I have been doing some experimenting up here on a carpet track but the grip level is different than TA. Have you played with really high roll centers, stiff sway bars and soft springs yet? Dan and I have been emailing back and forth a bunch of stuff on this but since you are able to practice at TA I thougth you might have some thoughts.

I will be bringing the 415 to the reedy race. So far it has been a couple of tenths quicker than my evo. I think this is mainly the stiffer chassis.

Martin Crisp
Old 04-28-2004, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rtypec
Place shims on the inside of the hubs not on the outside before the hex. It may sound like a pain esp. for the front but by doing so you are not changing the width of the car. I add shims until everything is nice and slop free (with wheel bolted on) and doesn't bind. I then remove 0.1-0.2mm of shimming just to be safe.
Thanks Rod. What is a good shim to use here? The same spacer used between the wheel and the hex? Thanks, Jeff
Old 04-28-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Jeff, I didn't mean to say put shims inside of the hub, between bearings. I mean put shims on the univeral shaft side of the axle before going through the bearing, hub, bearing, and hex. Sorry for the confusion

Martin, I PM'd ya on my findings with going the complete opposite direction of what you just mentioned hehehe...woops.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Jeff, I didn't mean to say put shims inside of the hub, between bearings. I mean put shims on the univeral shaft side of the axle before going through the bearing, hub, bearing, and hex. Sorry for the confusion

Martin, I PM'd ya on my findings with going the complete opposite direction of what you just mentioned hehehe...woops.
Rod, I understood what you meant. But my question is what actual shim I should use? Should I use the wheel spacers or do you have a better part for it? Thanks!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Martin, I PM'd ya on my findings with going the complete opposite direction of what you just mentioned hehehe...woops. [/B]
Hi Rod,

Actually I have been finding the same thing as you, going with the lower roll center (but moderate springs & sway bars). I tried the high roll center front and rear with 3mm spacers under the front blocks and 2mm spacers under the rear blocks and the car was way too loose. I then tried no spacers in the front but left the 2mm spacers in the rear...better but still too loose. I was most comfortable with no spacers under the blocks. In all of the above I ran about 3mm of spacers on the inner link of the front upper links.

All of this was with a one-way....so with a spool some of the above higher roll centers might give us back some of the steering. It is just hard to tell on my carpet track...so thanks for the info.....

Martin
Old 04-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Rod, I understood what you meant. But my question is what actual shim I should use? Should I use the wheel spacers or do you have a better part for it? Thanks!!!
i nwas looking for the part # but i couldnt locate it. it is like 53586, or close. i have in front of me the 3mm set, which is 53585. look in speedtech for the TRF hardware, and you are looking for a 5mm, i think...
Old 04-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

heard that Fernando is doing great with his 415 at the pre-worlds......any confirm?
Martin Crisp: r u gonna be at the pre-worlds?
Old 04-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Just got a 415 last friday! Sweet ride. I was wondering is anyone running 19T spec on carpet. If so could you hoook me up with a set-up?
Old 04-29-2004, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
i nwas looking for the part # but i couldnt locate it. it is like 53586, or close. i have in front of me the 3mm set, which is 53585. look in speedtech for the TRF hardware, and you are looking for a 5mm, i think...
Without the benefit of a picture, can anyone confirm if the shims are the same as the wheel spacers? Thanks, Jeff
Old 04-29-2004, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

not the same as the spacers... the shims are smaller in o.d., just about the same size as the inner race of the bearing. they are in .1, .2, and .3 thicknesses. if you use the wheel spacers, i am pretty sure they will be too thick...
Old 04-29-2004, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 415

AlanLim - no I can't afford the time away from work to go to the pre-words, with the reedy race comming up at the end of May. Glad to hear Frenando is doing well....where can I get more info on the results.

XCRAZYBENX - A 19 turn setup. (rubber tire, carpet)

This setup works well for any motor.

Front
springs : tam blue
swaybar : yellow (white if you want to reduce steering)
upper links : 3mm spacers under inside link
camber : -1
toe : 0
caster : 4 degree block
Kickup : none
UpTravel/droop : 3mm
rideheight : 5mm
one way : yes
Shock positions : outer holes top and bottom.
Tire : CS22 with medium insert - full compound. (less if you want to reduce steering)

Rear
springs : tam blue
swaybar : yellow
upper links : 0mm spacers under inside link
camber : -2
toe in : 2.0 to 2.5 depending on grip level and condition of tires
Antisquat : none
UpTravel/droop : 1.5 to 2 mm
rideheight : 5mm
Shock positions : outer holes top and bottom.
Tire : CS22 with medium insert - full compound.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Lightbulb 415Setup

Okay, here's a setup I ran last weekend. There are still a few things I want to try.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-415setup424.gif  

Last edited by rtypec; 04-29-2004 at 09:44 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.