Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by GymBeam
hi was wondering why is the reason for some peope running the steering ball stud on the steering hub on the botton. istead of on the top?
the new steering for the MRE/msxx uses that setup.....
Old 06-06-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
I think it is because of bump steer.

forgive my Ignorance but what is a " bump steer"
Old 06-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by buboy28
forgive my Ignorance but what is a " bump steer"
When the suspension compresses and it changes the direction of the tires. Affectively giving steering input when none is given through the radio.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hi im looking at getting a TRF415 and will be using a Mamba 6900KV.
How reliable are the cars? I was reading the review that RC411 did and they said that the rear diff started feeling rough after 4 batteries. Is this a problem with the kit?
Tower Hobbies has limited quantities. Is there a new kit coming out?
Has anyone had any issues with the belts?

Cheers
Old 06-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

4 runs and a notchy diff, then my money is on the fact that they didnt build it properly.

The diffs in my carpet car get rebuilt every month and are never notchy, the diffs in my Tarmac car get rebuilt every two weeks and are never notchy.

As for everything else, the car is nigh on bullet proof, in over a year of racing 415's I have only broken one hub and one wishbone, belts are smooth and transmission remains like silk.

By far the best car out there at the moment, it is soo good most of my club are now running them, after they saw how well mine went with no problems and conisitantly quick.

You wont be disapointed.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
Hi im looking at getting a TRF415 and will be using a Mamba 6900KV.
How reliable are the cars? I was reading the review that RC411 did and they said that the rear diff started feeling rough after 4 batteries. Is this a problem with the kit?
Tower Hobbies has limited quantities. Is there a new kit coming out?
Has anyone had any issues with the belts?

Cheers
Originally Posted by Mi2_Tastic
4 runs and a notchy diff, then my money is on the fact that they didnt build it properly.

The diffs in my carpet car get rebuilt every month and are never notchy, the diffs in my Tarmac car get rebuilt every two weeks and are never notchy.

As for everything else, the car is nigh on bullet proof, in over a year of racing 415's I have only broken one hub and one wishbone, belts are smooth and transmission remains like silk.

By far the best car out there at the moment, it is soo good most of my club are now running them, after they saw how well mine went with no problems and conisitantly quick.

You wont be disapointed.
Drift_Buggy.... what Mi2_Tastic said.

my diffs get dirty (since its exposed) but havent felt them get "notchy".
Old 06-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
When the suspension compresses and it changes the direction of the tires. Affectively giving steering input when none is given through the radio.
thanks for clearing that up i still have much to learn
Old 06-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mi2_Tastic

You wont be disapointed.
When you say rebuild are you talking about new bearings/rings etc...? As I will be using it a fair bit

Cheers
Old 06-07-2007, 02:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

two things that help prolong the diff's even more.... ceramic balls, and diff covers.
I've used this combination in my diffs for a long time now, and rebuild only when I feel they need it... which is not very often, even after having run a 7 through them..

One other tip that also improves the diffs is to use some 600grit wet and dry on the rings. Do this on new rings as well, as it helps the rings grip the balls with less pressure. Also means you can re-use rings as well... just sand them down until the ridge is gone

Regards
Ed
Old 06-07-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
two things that help prolong the diff's even more.... ceramic balls, and diff covers.
I've used this combination in my diffs for a long time now, and rebuild only when I feel they need it... which is not very often, even after having run a 7 through them..
I agree. I have always run Acer ceramic balls and (I forget the brand) diff covers on my ball diffs, and never had any issues with grit. Only with them coming a little loose sometimes
Old 06-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
When you say rebuild are you talking about new bearings/rings etc...? As I will be using it a fair bit

Cheers
Err No that would be an overhaul, rebuild is a clean regrease and put back together. If look for the Mi3 build tips thread, and build the diff as per Adrian's instructions (just adapt for the TRF diff) you will have a bullet proof diff that will work and work and work.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Converted to MRE streering set up

Question:
I've the 415msx ,it is worth the time and money to converted my stock 415 msx streering like the MRE? and why....Thanks
may need the list of parts numbers too...thanks again
Old 06-09-2007, 11:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Question:
I've the 415msx ,it is worth the time and money to converted my stock 415 msx streering like the MRE? and why....Thanks
may need the list of parts numbers too...thanks again
I'm think change to new car kit MRE bester !
Old 06-10-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
I'm think change to new car kit MRE bester !

Well some people can't dished out 450 dollars or don't want to spend too much money...ya know....Thank for you help
Old 06-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Well some people can't dished out 450 dollars or don't want to spend too much money...ya know....Thank for you help
You need change lower & upper deck & steering parts !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.