Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TRFwhitey
hey guys, just came off a sucessful race weekend. With the combination of the new akerman change and new parma 53mm rim tires i was able to give bakker a run for his money at our canadian challenge race. I thought i would include sum pics here so people can give it a shot. This is the single most effective change i have made since ive started running this car. Its worth the grinding!

First pic shows steering links swept back to reduce akerman

Second pic shows upclose the flipped steering rack and bulkhead material removed for clearence.

Third pic shows how we use a 414m belt instead of the narrower 415 belt to keep it from slipping during foam MOD.

If anyone is interested in my setup from this race lemme know.
Is that a homemade carbon damper stay? It looks thicker than the normal ones.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Never mind. I fixed it.It was a shock ball post spacer problem
Old 04-09-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys, just came off a sucessful race weekend. With the combination of the new akerman change and new parma 53mm rim tires i was able to give bakker a run for his money at our canadian challenge race. I thought i would include sum pics here so people can give it a shot. This is the single most effective change i have made since ive started running this car. Its worth the grinding!

Second pic shows upclose the flipped steering rack and bulkhead material removed for clearence.

Third pic shows how we use a 414m belt instead of the narrower 415 belt to keep it from slipping during foam MOD.

Hi Corey,
does that mod work well on asphalt too? or just carpet?
-ling
Old 04-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

corey,
is that the 4mm chassis as well? also i noticed the top deck is countersunk. is that a thicker top deck also and if so how thick? thanxs i always seem to struggle on carpet with my msx and i am eager to try your setup.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
Thanks. Post the pics when able. Later.
Here's a top view of my MRE's electronics. I hope it helps. I still need to shorten some wires.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-mre_top.jpg  
Old 04-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
corey,
is that the 4mm chassis as well? also i noticed the top deck is countersunk. is that a thicker top deck also and if so how thick? thanxs i always seem to struggle on carpet with my msx and i am eager to try your setup.
Yes, that's a thicker upper deck, Corey custom made it for carpet racing. I think it is 3mm but I might be wrong.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

what does this mod do?
Old 04-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanx trfracer. i will have to get a hold of some carbon fiber
Old 04-09-2007, 05:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leester
Hello everyone.

I am putting a DJ Pro Module Suspension on my 415 and the left rear blue hub is bound up and is not swiviling smoothly as the right rear. The right rear pin screws in smoothly with no effort the the left is really hard to screw in.

Any suggestions?

-Lee
Try replacing the axle that the hub swivils on, it could be bent, and that'd cause it to not move freely
Old 04-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
I don't know why you'd want to buy this though if you got a MSXX since it already comes with it in the kit.
Are you sure? It didn't come with my car. And if it did, it would also have to come with the MRE direct pulley or the aluminum one which weren't included in my kit either.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Are you sure? It didn't come with my car. And if it did, it would also have to come with the MRE direct pulley or the aluminum one which weren't included in my kit either.
Your TRF415MSXX comes with center one-way, therefore, you will not have the MRE direct pulley and direct shaft. You have the front one-way for sure.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Arrow

Originally Posted by sohlman
Here's a top view of my MRE's electronics. I hope it helps. I still need to shorten some wires.
Thanks Sohlman for posting your GTB layout on your MRE. Would definitely help & give me ideas on how to wire my GTB 13.5R/MRE. When done, will post a pic of my setup also.

Again, thanks.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Default set up help

can anybody help me with setup for my msx for the tcs race at memphis it on aspahlt any help please new to this
Old 04-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default re

Yes i did run a custom 3mm upperdeck, it was made by a good friend from muchmore racing. You can get the same feel with using two of the stock decks glued/screwed together. As for the damper stay, its the stock piece that came with the car.

The mod i made to the car reduces akerman, which takes the "inside tire scrubbing" effect away mid corner making it smoother and easier to drive. For asphalt more akerman is better but for foam you must decrease it or the car will be very inconsistent. The difference is night and day...trust me

I will be postin my exact setup form the weekend very shortly.

if anyone is interested heres a video sumone shot of the modified A-main at fastcats..

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krsMRdhWPXs

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMmKEDpwjEs
Old 04-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking RE: set-up

Originally Posted by jeremiahdenton
can anybody help me with setup for my msx for the tcs race at memphis it on aspahlt any help please new to this
With B3 tires use Tamiya green inserts or any medium insert that gives you good airgap. Use the NSX or the Skyline body. Use composite wing! If you need more steering go with the Ferrari body. Use Josh Newman or Rhinhart set-up posted on the website for a good start point. If the traction is good run less droop if the traction is bad run more droop. Always run more in the front. I run 5mm front and 4 mm rear.
Good luck in Memphis!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.