Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T2R Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcalaker
I dont think the car being easier to drive was the reason they sold out of them. Everyone I knew that had one had it in pieces as a source of replacement parts. When you factor in diffs, shocks, bulkheads and cvd parts not to mention other parts, it was less expensive to get the whole kit.

I think I saw 1 guy who actually had one built and run it.
This is tru, i also recall people who had done a BMI conversion grab a T2r and slap on the old T2 chassis and call it a day. Basically a second car for real cheap....

I got a t2r in a trade and later bought a 007, I soon stripped down the t2r into spare parts,...

To get 4 new CVD bones cost over 120$CND. thats just the bones. Add in all the usuable suspension arms and belts and pullies it was a good investment. To grab a T2r as a spare parts car
Old 01-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

As a new racer, I'm going to pass and probably pick up a TC5R instead. If this dropped another $50-75 I might be interested. Talk of expensive parts is scaring me away too. Looks like a nice car though...
Old 02-06-2009, 04:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

My first touring car was the original T2r, it was $200 then, it's $300 now and looks like you get less? I remember at least having adjustable turnbuckles. My car was so tweaked that it never drove straight, I had everyone try and fix it for me. I ended up putting a BMI chassis on it and it drove normally then. You can get a new type-r for $330 why bother with this car. TA05 and Cyclone S fit the cheap composite market.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
My first touring car was the original T2r, it was $200 then, it's $300 now and looks like you get less? I remember at least having adjustable turnbuckles. My car was so tweaked that it never drove straight, I had everyone try and fix it for me. I ended up putting a BMI chassis on it and it drove normally then. You can get a new type-r for $330 why bother with this car. TA05 and Cyclone S fit the cheap composite market.
The cost of anything from Europe cost more. I do not know why people in the US today still do not understand this? Plus Losi has a dead on road team and is trying to unload the kits they have. The Type R when it first came out was over $400!

However on the type R you will break so many more parts than you will on the Xray. I have had a Type-R. Just ask anyone who drives one.

I would run a T2R Pro any day over a TC5. Good car on the track however the plastic quality is no where close to the Xray. For me this is important. Just like for some of you racers low cost is a big factor and you do not care if the car has cheap Chinese made plastic.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
The cost of anything from Europe cost more. I do not know why people in the US today still do not understand this? Plus Losi has a dead on road team and is trying to unload the kits they have. The Type R when it first came out was over $400!

However on the type R you will break so many more parts than you will on the Xray. I have had a Type-R. Just ask anyone who drives one.

I would run a T2R Pro any day over a TC5. Good car on the track however the plastic quality is no where close to the Xray. For me this is important. Just like for some of you racers low cost is a big factor and you do not care if the car has cheap Chinese made plastic.
You're not helping Xray's image much here. If certain parts cost so much, why not use those "innovative" and "optimized" minds to use other materials that cost less? You guys have the "innovative" engineers there that are "passionate" in what they do, so I am pretty sure they can figure something out.

BTW, bang for buck, TC5 delivers more than the T2R Pro. And as far as cheap parts go and whatnot, any wrong mistake can lead to broken parts. Then it becomes a parts availability and affordability from there. I'd rather break a part and have one available an affordable price than to wait for a part to be available and pay an arm and a leg if it breaks again.

Before someone says about being a better driver, all mistakes can happen at any given time. May not be your own, maybe someone slams into you?
Old 02-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
You're not helping Xray's image much here. If certain parts cost so much, why not use those "innovative" and "optimized" minds to use other materials that cost less? You guys have the "innovative" engineers there that are "passionate" in what they do, so I am pretty sure they can figure something out.

BTW, bang for buck, TC5 delivers more than the T2R Pro. And as far as cheap parts go and whatnot, any wrong mistake can lead to broken parts. Then it becomes a parts availability and afford ability from there. I'd rather break a part and have one available an affordable price than to wait for a part to be available and pay an arm and a leg if it breaks again.

Before someone says about being a better driver, all mistakes can happen at any given time. May not be your own, maybe someone slams into you?
You need to read AE's info on the 12R5 regarding the word optimized,they use it also. Xray is a manufacture that differers themselves by the small details in manufacturing and fit and finish. AE does does not market themselves that way. They do very little wordy marketing. That is the way they choose to do it. You do not hear me or others bashing AE or anyone else that they are not using enough marketing terms in their print/web adds. But you seem to think it is OK do bash marketing. The performance on the track of Xray backs up the wordy marketing. So I am not sure why you continue to have such a fit over how a company markets. If you do not like Xray then that is your deal. So make constructive criticism that is worth reading and using as suggestions.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
You need to read AE's info on the 12R5 regarding the word optimized,they use it also. Xray is a manufacture that differers themselves by the small details in manufacturing and fit and finish. AE does does not market themselves that way. They do very little wordy marketing. That is the way they choose to do it. You do not hear me or others bashing AE or anyone else that they are not using enough marketing terms in their print/web adds. But you seem to think it is OK do bash marketing. The performance on the track of Xray backs up the wordy marketing. So I am not sure why you continue to have such a fit over how a company markets. If you do not like Xray then that is your deal. So make constructive criticism that is worth reading and using as suggestions.
But I did make contrsuctive criticism! I was saying if certain materials cost so much and Xray takes pride in its engineering achievments, then I am quite sure they can use, say, composite materials to make just as well a performing car as their carbon fiber cars? Plus it was you who mentioned "Just like for some of you racers low cost is a big factor and you do not care if the car has cheap Chinese made plastic."

Let's not forget where the words "Optimized" and "Luxurious" came in abundance from to this hobby to describe cars: Xray. I am calling Xray out.

I'm sorry it is hitting a nerve. I figured a quality company would take the constructive criticism and just move on.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

PEOPLE WHO BUY THIS CAR ARE PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT FAST. i WORK WITH THERE CHASSIS MATERIAL ALOT AND IT IS A GREAT OUTDOOR CAR.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigb11
PEOPLE WHO BUY THIS CAR ARE PEOPLE WHO KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT FAST. i WORK WITH THERE CHASSIS MATERIAL ALOT AND IT IS A GREAT OUTDOOR CAR.
You sure love the CAPSlock key, don't yah?

But I agree, the T2R Pro is a great car. I am buying one for the Trans Am class at my track and waiting on a T2'009 EU for the 13.5 rubber class.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

where is a good place to get a t2r?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default Turnbuckles

If anyone is interested, I have a full set of new Xray hudy steel turnbuckles for this for sale. (7) turnbuckes in all. I was going to pick one of these up for another class, but I am going to stick with my 009. I will let them go for $25 shipped in the US. Paypal only.

Thanks.

Last edited by jland; 02-19-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default $300

$300 buys you a 416WCE. im selling mine. PM me if you're interested.

honestly though, i have this car.. doing a review for an rc magazine. its a pretty good car, good quality..... i just hate the idea of not having adjustable turnbuckles though.

looks like it'll be a good low/medium bite asphalt car.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Anybody looking for a T2R pro please check out the for sale thread. must sell my back up car new in box.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Anyone know what the internal ratio is on the T2R Pro?

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
Anyone know what the internal ratio is on the T2R Pro?

Thanks.
1.7:1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.