Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T2R Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickd122
I beg to disagree, they are ALL toys. They ALL acheive the same purpose.
I am interested to know what exactly is an XRAY, it's not a toy, parts are NOT cheap, so what is it then a Bentley?
Yeah in some way they are all toys, but on the other had you've got toy cars and top competition race cars. That's what I was trying to point on.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

they say it is availible. does anybody know we can get them?
Old 12-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigb11
Don't know how it's in USA (but probably not if it's the same like with 009), but I had one box in hands yesterday. Local distributor had it on race.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

what was the price?
Old 12-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

what was the price?
With current currency () exchange rate it's about $330 (well a little more because USD price is still dropping).

For comparison 009 is for about $567.

Last edited by lochness42; 12-27-2008 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Added price for 009
Old 12-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trickd122
I beg to disagree, they are ALL toys. They ALL acheive the same purpose.
I am interested to know what exactly is an XRAY, it's not a toy, parts are NOT cheap, so what is it then a Bentley?
That's like saying all real cars and trucks are vehicles. They all meet our need for transportation, getting us from point A to point B. However, it looks like you can appreciate the difference between a Bentley and a Dodge Neon.

The XRAY T2R PRO is not available in the US until early January. You can only preorder it right now.

what was the price?
RC America told us the MAP price will be $300.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lochness42
With current currency () exchange rate it's about $330 (well a little more because USD price is still dropping).

For comparison 009 is for about $567.
do you have a website where they are selling them?
Old 12-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

There's no way this car is going to be more pouplar then say the tc5. you can get the TC5 original FT kit for 289. IMO this car is way out of the proper price range. I've always wanted a Xray touring car but could never afford one. This could have been my chance to buy one but I guess not. I wouldrather spend the extra 70 bucks and get the TC5R.

Just my .02$

cody
Old 12-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

do you have a website where they are selling them?
Unfortunately they don't have internet shop and their internet page is only in slovak language (you have to order them by email, phone or buy it personally during race). Anyway direct link to both cars is http://www.moel.sk/auta/auta10e.html
Old 12-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by minittrackmann
There's no way this car is going to be more pouplar then say the tc5. you can get the TC5 original FT kit for 289. IMO this car is way out of the proper price range. I've always wanted a Xray touring car but could never afford one. This could have been my chance to buy one but I guess not. I wouldrather spend the extra 70 bucks and get the TC5R.

Just my .02$

cody
I was able to beat any of TC5R on their local track here (and drivers weren't bad), but it's true that it was with 008 and 009. If history repeats then T2R Pro will be even better than 009 (as T2R was better than T2). But yeah, they should add adjustable turnbuckles.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Maybe you could explain how the T2r was better then the T2? If i recall the T2r as was the T1r where based on the Pro level cars T2 and T1.... Anyway the T2rpro is stripped down version of the T2008. Nothing more... simply a supposed budget racer version of the real thing

The issue many have is when a company produces a "PRO LEVEL" car such as the 009 or 008 or 007 and then puts out a Sport version of those cars the idea i always though was to be priced as an entry level car....

Lets face it if your racing now and you run xray cars... This car is not for you or me. I have no interest in replacing my 007 car with a lower end xray, its just backwards thinking from a racers perspective. So the cars audience is not life time xray fan boys. I been racing xrays since the very first T1 came out. Back when my $450CND got me the car along with a full set of hudy tools,setup blocks and gauges all in the box!! Man what a deal it was! Since then the cars have come with less and cost more... But they are the top of the heap for sure, they have quality none can equal, when drop your 500$+ on an xray you may feel sick to the stomach at first but when your building the thing of beauty that all changes. They are over priced, but man they are sweet cars!!!

So this car is meant for new racers, or budget racers. The problem is with all the excuses aside(currency,shipping,ect ect) you cannot honestly sell a guy on a budget car for 300$ when they can run a TC5 pro level car for the less money or just a bit more. Especially when u factor in that any LHS can get parts for a TC5 and only some shops carry xray parts. Typically a shop that has a track or is closely tied to a race track or club.

We get new racers out our club and even though i race xray i want them to race, and suggest the best bang for there buck so they dont run away scared. Right now the TC5 is the cheapest way into racin, well actually getting a cycloneS for our spec TC class is the cheapest way into racing and they can easily switch over to regulare TC classes with some changes to the car...
Old 12-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
Maybe you could explain how the T2r was better then the T2? If i recall the T2r as was the T1r where based on the Pro level cars T2 and T1.... Anyway the T2rpro is stripped down version of the T2008. Nothing more... simply a supposed budget racer version of the real thing
Yeah they were based on T1 and T2 and used composite materials instead of graphite and that was it - car was softer and many people found it easier to drive. That's one of the reasons why T2R was sold out really quickly.

So this car is meant for new racers, or budget racers. The problem is with all the excuses aside(currency,shipping,ect ect) you cannot honestly sell a guy on a budget car for 300$ when they can run a TC5 pro level car for the less money or just a bit more. Especially when u factor in that any LHS can get parts for a TC5 and only some shops carry xray parts. Typically a shop that has a track or is closely tied to a race track or club.
I have nothing else to say but agree.

We get new racers out our club and even though i race xray i want them to race, and suggest the best bang for there buck so they dont run away scared. Right now the TC5 is the cheapest way into racin, well actually getting a cycloneS for our spec TC class is the cheapest way into racing and they can easily switch over to regulare TC classes with some changes to the car...
We allways suggest to new drivers to buy used top car. You can buy them at budget class car price or even less and you've got a little used but perfect car. Only problem is if someone wants new but cheap car.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

I dont think the car being easier to drive was the reason they sold out of them. Everyone I knew that had one had it in pieces as a source of replacement parts. When you factor in diffs, shocks, bulkheads and cvd parts not to mention other parts, it was less expensive to get the whole kit.

I think I saw 1 guy who actually had one built and run it.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wcalaker
I dont think the car being easier to drive was the reason they sold out of them. Everyone I knew that had one had it in pieces as a source of replacement parts. When you factor in diffs, shocks, bulkheads and cvd parts not to mention other parts, it was less expensive to get the whole kit.

I think I saw 1 guy who actually had one built and run it.
Maybe it's truth, I don't know, that's only what I heard from people here. I allways had top version however I started with used cars first (T1 FK04, T2, T2 007) and when I was good enough to use best of the cars I decided to buy newest car (T2008 and T2009).
Old 12-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

I've never been a keen fan of Xrays design on any of their cars.

Now seeing the price of a new kit, to be even tempted to run a budget class it sure wouldnt be an xray...

Simply overpriced.

This is not a bash at xray, just my own personal thoughts. (If you at a -1 before seeing a new car come out you don't stand much chance of winning over a new customer anyway).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.