LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Initiate

i got a problem with my speed passion reventon pro running my LRP x12 17.5 sensored.

With the sensor cable plugged in the under hard acceleration on the ground the the motor lurches back and forward and the red and orange led flash. (see youtube vid :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc4GyIPFMjo ) if i have the car in my hand there is no issue.

If i unplug the sensor cable i do not have the issue. Is there a known issue with the LRP 17.5t ? as i had this esc hooked up to a speed passion MMM v3 17.5t with no issue with the same sensor cable.

*EDIT : more testing and using blinky mode i do not have a issue but under every other mode i do*

Last edited by atmosphere; 02-23-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Questions??

Just want to ensure 1 thing:

If I use X12 motors in my Tekin RS but with sensor wire unplugged, that means motor timing with insert is totally disabled, isn't it?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Nope.
The motor timing applied by the insert rings is present, whatever you use as ESC, with or without sensor wire.
You only disable the software timing, not the motor timing.

Regards Roy

Originally Posted by mac853
Just want to ensure 1 thing:

If I use X12 motors in my Tekin RS but with sensor wire unplugged, that means motor timing with insert is totally disabled, isn't it?
Old 07-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Nope.
The motor timing applied by the insert rings is present, whatever you use as ESC, with or without sensor wire.
You only disable the software timing, not the motor timing.

Regards Roy
Sure?
As i guess, motor timing need to activate those IC on timing endbell through connection with ESC to give order to motor.

In fact, somebody answered inversely:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/12349751-post11.html
In fact

Anyway thanks for you too
Old 07-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I stand corrected
Then you only have the timing that is build in to the motor as standard.

Regards Roy
Old 07-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
I stand corrected
Then you only have the timing that is build in to the motor as standard.

Regards Roy
There is no motor timing in sensor less mode. It's concept of timing when to energize the windings is based on a voltage sensor that reads each winding independently, which changes in speed and intensity as RPM increases so timing is actually variable. Sensor less systems actually automatically boost, explaining why a kid with a properly running sensor less RTR system has more top end than a top-of-the-line sensored system. It's why the old Tekin ability to switch to sensor less at some RPM point was deemed illegal during the 'no boost' revolution.

thats probably clear as mud.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

With sensorless there is no motortiming. There is a fixed timing through the esc but it doesn't know which way the sensor of the motor is pointing hence the hickups at start. You can change the fixed timing on some esc.

ps:
desertrat was first

ps 2:
I had a tekin and tried hybrid mode once with a 2s and 4.5t in my pro10. It didn't work so well as the start used the timing of the motor + esc and was fast. After a certain RPM it went into sensorless mode and the motor had less revs and was slower down the straight. This was with a novak 4.5t. You could really see the speed / acceleration dropping when it went into sensorless mode. It doesn't make much sence to me to use hybrid mode except where the motor has less internal timing in sensor mode and has higher esc timing when it goes into sensorless mode. Otherwise it will go slower going from sensored into sensorless mode. In normal sensored mode it was quick throughout the throttle input.

Last edited by 2wdrive; 07-15-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Please please someone help me out with a setup for my x12 13.5 boosted with a hobbywing esc
Boost turbo fdr ???????
Any help much much appreciated