Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T2’009

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Does anyone know of an on-line shop that has the 52mm ECS drive shaft sets in stock?

Thanks
Old 02-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
My 009 goes loose 1/2 way thru the run mainly in sweeper and seems sluggish
in the infield. Do you guys think a rear sway and standin the rear shocks up a little will help didnt know if it was possible that the rear was to soft and either heating up the rears due to to much roll or the fact that it may not be transfering weight from left to right fast enough.....Any thoughts would be appreciated....Thanks

FRNT:1/2 sauce
.5 toe out
4 degrees castor
Standard roll center
1.2 sway
shocks straight up
30wt oil/3 hole piston
2.6 springs
1.5 camber
1mm shim at c hub
lower bottom inside camber link mount
akermen 2 and outside at steering block
1.5 mm droop /ran 3mm last night
Standard diff
5.5 ride height

REAR:full sauce
2.0 toe
shocks layed down
2.4 springs
30 wt oil/3 hole piston
2.0 degrees camber
roll center standard
5mm ride height
1mm droop/ran 2mm last night
1mm shim at upright
lower inside link mnt

Track carpet-70x35.....tyres jaco blues sometimes VTA tires......changed droop settings still same problem..no center post also
Old 02-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I will try it but not a big fan...Seems to chatter and bind or is that normal? The oneway fixed Was nice but my track is small and tight...Do you think the spool would solve my issuies? why is the spool so popular for this car?
basic ,
u can easy to stop ,all turn slower ,
but u can out of apex use more torque ( punch ) to pick up !
& more brake for drop to lower speed turn !
Old 02-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Rookie

I tried that exact setup w/VTA tires it does the same thing...
Old 02-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
basic ,
u can easy to stop ,all turn slower ,
but u can out of apex use more torque ( punch ) to pick up !
& more brake for drop to lower speed turn !
I will give it a shot again.....Wouldnt I get the same results from a oneway fixed besides the braking.....I always get oversteer w/the spool...Could just be my driving...
Old 02-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

...Could just be my driving...
Now we get to the root of your set-up issues
Old 02-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

I will give it a shot again.....Wouldnt I get the same results from a oneway fixed besides the braking.....I always get oversteer w/the spool...Could just be my driving...
Spool (NO-ONE uses a front diff unless on foams)
3 deg rear toe
front shocks 2 or 3 holes in, 3.0 or 3.2 springs
Rears 4 holes in. 2.6 springs.
Kit roll bars.

Look for the Mod 5cell final, the pole sitter was Elliot Harper, his setup is on the Xray site.
http://www.maritimeracing.info/index...=246&Itemid=70

Standing them up might help with the infield but if it's breaking traction at the back with the shocks already leaned in you have another problem.

The fact that's its halfway through a run suggests the tyres at one end are overheating or not heating enough at the other.

Try the alloy centre post

Skiddins
Old 02-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Spools are know for understeer (push) on corner entry. Took me a long time to get my car to steer the way I wanted with the spool but it's great now. A spool will give you a ton of brake and loads of punch out of the corner. I would suggest to go back to the basic setup included with your 009 kit and work from there. Don't give up on the spool just yet, there's a reason why nearly every rubber tire setup from every team driver has a spool in front.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yo Skiddins. You never did tell me why you run so much droop in your setup. Care to share??
Old 02-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I assume your in the States or Canada?

I can tell you that if your trying to run a 5 cell setup with a 009 on Lipos the setup is pretty useless.
Try using a setup such as Paul L or at least something from this side of the country.
No diss intendended, but if you look at what they run in Europe and whats working here there are lots of differences.
One big difference I've seen is 6 degree c hubs are more predominant in the setups here versus the 4's in Europe.
With the Jaco blue your camber should be set at 1.75 to 2 degrees, run the 6 degree c hubs. Rear shock should be in position 3, and pos 4 on the front shock, try the 1.2 or 1.1 rear bar.
Front RC should be on the +.75 and run 2mm droop in the front and 3mm droop in the back. 1.5 or 1.6 bar in the front. 1 degree rear hubs with a total of 3 degrees toe in. The rear camber link should be low and inside on the shock tower and on the inside (#1) on the hub. Try 1mm spacers under the camber links front and back. Keep the front post in. If you find you have too much traction, reduce the rear droop. AND keep the diff in the front.

On your setup you don't say if your servo saver is mounted forward or back for ackerman, most run the dot at the front.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm can said that first !!
u need know self drive style !
to find setup ,
& can you post you track photo & your car ?
this topic many people hope & nice support with you !
Old 02-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
I'm can said that first !!
u need know self drive style !
to find setup ,
& can you post you track photo & your car ?
this topic many people hope & nice support with you !

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DfpH5z330z0

this is a video from my track didnt have any still photos we never run the same layout and this layout is the easiest we ever setup and unfortunatly I am not runnin in this video...Also adding attached pics...Sorry the car is in pieces been doin some customizing as you will notice.....Thanks for all and any suggestions.......Much appreciated
Attached Thumbnails -hpim0553.jpg   -hpim0554.jpg   -hpim0555.jpg  
Old 02-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

I know most of you guys do not run Vintage Trans Am....I also know I shouldnt run t he same for rubber and VTA which is why I am gonna get another 009....But I havent found a setup that translates from rubber to VTA and was wandering what you guys thought...1 school of thought is VTA tires have more grip with them being wider and of course the other is regular rubber has more. Not sure if any of you guys have it at your tracks or possibly may have ran VTA......

SPOOL....Can anyone explain how to drive w/a spool are always a little on throttle....Are ya off on corner approach and back on mid corner and is your steering rate at 100percent.....I did like some of the qualities of the spool can be more aggressive more rip when applying throttle its just the cornering and the oversteer that I couldnt overcome.....Thanks for your patient's fellas
Old 02-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

VTA tire is bigger but won't get as hot as it has bigger patch that disapates the heat faster. Check your rules, if you can, run without the inserts. Also try to get equal width front and rear. Tray a little more ride height and droop when running the VTA tries.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
VTA tire is bigger but won't get as hot as it has bigger patch that disapates the heat faster. Check your rules, if you can, run without the inserts. Also try to get equal width front and rear. Tray a little more ride height and droop when running the VTA tries.
Equal width Frnt and rear which would be better bring the frnt's out or get the rears in? I guess wide or narrow which is better?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.