Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XRAY T2’009

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Addict

I'm new to RC, I want to know what pinion and supr i need for running 4.0 brushless and 23T motor? thanks
Old 01-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigkoitat
I've been ussing 100/47 which is 3.6 works fine for mee
Where can I find a 100 tooth spur?
Old 01-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Where can I find a 100 tooth spur?
Nexus has some, as well as other places.

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=1721
Old 01-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I'm new to carpet racing and picked up a 008' EU to run in VTA. All of my experience is on Dirt Oval so I'm on a pretty steep learning curve with the touring car stuff right now.

Right now I'm trying to understand the methodology behind your ride height settings. I have to believe that there is an optimal suspension "angle" for each of the different set-ups. For example...as a foam tire wears and you readjust your ride height back to your baseline, doesn't the change to your roll centers, etc. affect the car more than the tire OD change did? I guess I'm really interested at the extreme of VTA tires. Mine measure 66mm, so my thinking is I need to be at 1.5mm above the kit setup of 5mm ride height, which is with 63mm rubber tires. Or should I stay with the 5mm height...or 5mm and reajust arm angles to be closer to the kit angles?

I understand the theories and mechanics of chassis/suspension design. Just curious what everyone is really doing. I've mapped out some of the roll center changes at the two ride heights and it's a pretty big difference IMHO. Is the lower ride height going to be a bigger advantage than the loss of optimal suspension design?

I guess with more time I can try the different set-ups myself...but I know you guys already have the answer...

Thanks for any direction,
Mark
Old 01-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I see where you are going with this but I think c of g is more important over the roll center difference b/c of tire size. Raising a car 1.5mm is really a bigger change IMO.

You can compensate a bit by using the +.75 hinge pin holders and raise the link on the shock tower and lower the link on the hubs. I guess this will not help if you were already using these on your current set-up.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Joe...

I wasn't sure I explained it very well.

I guess I just struggle with a set-up that calls out a .75mm shim here or there and then moves more than that with a ride height change for tires.

Again, I'm a noob to touring cars so maybe if I was running foams or TC rubbers it would not be a big deal and i would understand it better.

I set it up with TC rubbers to one of XRAY's set-ups and will just bolt on the VTA tires and see what I have. Then I can drop the ride height down to account for the taller tires and see what difference it makes for myself.

Probably should just run rubber TC class huh?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:25 AM
okayplayer

Hi,

I just bought a T2 009 EU RUBBER edition. I plan to run it on asphalt.

I may purchase a Sphere Comp. Brushless Control with
- Vector X-11 6.5T Motor
- Vector X-11 9.5T Motor

to power this baby on 2S Intellect 3800 35C.

What pinion(s) do I need to buy for each motor ?

Do I need to buy a spur ?

Any other grease of stuff that's not included in the kit ... I should buy to make the build a success ?

Thanks a lot,

Last edited by okayplayer; 01-20-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Guys....Noobie....Here whats the difference between uptravel and droop? and how is it I read about guys setting there droop above ride height? does that mean if my ride hieght is 5 my droop is 6.5 if my droop is 1.5....Does that mean I use droop blocks and set my arm at hub on my droop guage and it should be at the 6.5 mark? I am alittle confused......What is a good amount of droop? Also if my car is loose or lifting a tire in fast corners can droop fix this? any help is appericiated.....By the way I have a setup book on order...
Old 01-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RugRunner
Guys....Noobie....Here whats the difference between uptravel and droop? and how is it I read about guys setting there droop above ride height? does that mean if my ride hieght is 5 my droop is 6.5 if my droop is 1.5....Does that mean I use droop blocks and set my arm at hub on my droop guage and it should be at the 6.5 mark? I am alittle confused......What is a good amount of droop? Also if my car is loose or lifting a tire in fast corners can droop fix this? any help is appericiated.....By the way I have a setup book on order...

Whats the difference between uptravel and droop?
They are the same thing.

How is it I read about guys setting there droop above ride height? There are two different ways of measuring the same thing. Setting droop above ride height you will see it noted at 2mm above ride height for example. Which means you will be able to lift your car up 2mm before the tires leave the ground...otherwise "uptravel". On a droop gauge you will see droop noted as 5, 5.5, 6, etc. This is set using droop blocks and a droop gauge. I find using the gauge an easier way to measure droop.

Also if my car is loose or lifting a tire in fast corners can droop fix this? Yes. The more droop your car has the more the chassis will roll. The more chassis roll the more grip you will have. I use 6 in the front and 5 in the rear.

The setup guide is one of the best collections of setup information that you will find. Read up on it and try testing how droop effects you car on the track.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Gordie

........To get more droop that is runnin the screw down correct? How does that affect your ride height? would make it set lower correct? It would seem that would affect your suspension travel and dampening ability or really limit your shock usage....Thanks again for all the help....Just tryin to get a better understanding of all the avalible adjustments...
Old 01-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RugRunner
Thanks Gordie

........To get more droop that is runnin the screw down correct? How does that affect your ride height? would make it set lower correct? It would seem that would affect your suspension travel and dampening ability or really limit your shock usage....Thanks again for all the help....Just tryin to get a better understanding of all the avalible adjustments...
Droop should not effect your ride height if set right. Backing out the screw will give you more droop...you'll see that once you have read the setup guide and tested with your car. Droop does limit suspension "uptravel" but not the dampening. It's not as confusing as it seems. But it is a very important setting.

OH!! And what was I thinking...you don't have to order the book...it's free on line...here's the link:

http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?p=60589

It's the 4th document down...
Old 01-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Droop, and knowing how it works, is a really useful tuning tool (along with camber and ride height). All three are easy, quick changes to make and don't require any additional/optional parts!

Spend a day at your local track doing nothing but experimenting with droop (and clocking laps) and I can guarantee you'll find a 'faster' droop setting.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:57 PM
okayplayer

Originally Posted by okayplayer
Hi,

I just bought a T2 009 EU RUBBER edition. I plan to run it on asphalt.

I may purchase a Sphere Comp. Brushless Control with
- Vector X-11 6.5T Motor
- Vector X-11 9.5T Motor

to power this baby on 2S Intellect 3800 35C.

What pinion(s) do I need to buy for each motor ?

Do I need to buy a spur ?

Any other grease of stuff that's not included in the kit ... I should buy to make the build a success ?

Thanks a lot,
help

Old 01-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Initiate

i am running a t2 009 since two weeks. its a us-edition for foamies. it is my first touring car so many set up related details are new for me.
i wish i had some more grip on the rear tires. i am running 37 shores so the problem should be somewhere else. they have a diameter of 60mm.

what changes bring more grip to the rear wheels in turns?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.