Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Alright, Josh. I'm looking at your Novak setup from '04's race and I've got a couple of questions. For the record, I'm running Stock Foam on the XRC chassis.

1.) Do you think the 1mm bar is too much for stock?
2.) Are there settings on this setup that you think wouldn't work for Stock?
3.) Would you consider this setup easy to drive or is it one of those that's on the ragged edge?

Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Rob
Old 12-06-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hello Josh

Congrats on your wins in Cleve,I was wondering if you'll be making a touring car kit.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Rob Mincey
Alright, Josh. I'm looking at your Novak setup from '04's race and I've got a couple of questions. For the record, I'm running Stock Foam on the XRC chassis.

1.) Do you think the 1mm bar is too much for stock?
2.) Are there settings on this setup that you think wouldn't work for Stock?
3.) Would you consider this setup easy to drive or is it one of those that's on the ragged edge?

Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Rob
Josh, Ditto on all of Rob's questions. Also, what about your transmitter settings... EPA, DR, EXP?

For stock/ foams or 19T/foams, do you think we need that much camber? As well as, that much shim raise under the camber-link arm?

Congrats with all you do and thanks for taking the time to help out your fans!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Josh,

What bodies did you run in Cleveland for sedan and 12th? Also, what's the scoop on the new Jaco 2 stage tires? What they are, cost, availability, performance differences from standard tires, etc.

Thanks,

James
Old 12-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Josh,
Just switched from a tc3 to the ft xray. Just a few questions. On the setup sheets it says applied, soft, medium, hard. What is this? Also, are you using the xrc chassis? And if so, how much will the setup change from the stock chassis? Since your setups are for a carpet track that has more traction than any club could ever get, what would be a good thing to change since I cant just throw on softer tires because you are already using double pinks. Previously I was using Eastons setup on a tc3 and his tires didnt get enough traction so I tried the double pinks and It was nearly perfect for me.
Thanks in advance.
Chris
Old 12-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Scrad - Why don't you try my set-up from the Carpet Nats?? EXACTLY as it was...lol... It doesn't lift tires, has great corner speed and it's easy to drive..... Seriously, give it a try....

Jeff - I believe the 10 I ran was just a production arm....
I did and it didn't work for me. I don't think the traction is high enough where I race. It didn't have any on power steering. I had the batts forward and I still didn't have enough steering.

What is causing the car to hook mid corner?
Old 12-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

sorry to hear you arent going to the novak race but you are still going to the birds right? thaks for answering the question about the rumors going around and hope your nats set up works at scotty's track because i am throwing my hat into the mix for some modify action
Old 12-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 28mm foams,lower shock mount

Josh, I know you wont remember me but we have met a few times. I am driving the X-Rays now, and hope you can help.
On the rear lower shock mount, the shock end rubs with 28mm foams when using the outer hole. What to do?
1.Move to inner hole?
2.Grind down the shoulder the set screw goes in so the shock end moves closer to the arm?
3.Use a standard ball stud/ball end vs. the stock ends?
4.Trim the wheel narrower?

Congrats on the wins and good luck in all you pursue!
BTW Blakketter says hi.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default foams

Sorry, more info. Thats with the Jaco foams. Havent tried the new Parma foams yet. Just so you'll know, my vote was for grinding down the arm. I really dont want to lose that mount location. You the man, thanks for the help.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Well, I should have just hunted around a bit more. Move the wheelbase back and remove the shoulder/boss flush. Sorry for the trouble.
Oh! Dont hold it against me that I know Mark. lol
Old 12-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Josh,

Ever notice how many of these posts start out with "Hey Josh?" Don't worry I don't know either.

I finally put two and two together and got enough turns for oval. I think you'll get that one.

So I'm taking it that means that the oval is setup and will be oval practice tomorrow (tues)?
Old 12-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by mcsquish
Ya Brian, when are you going to get a job? That way you can get one of them there CEFX cars. I've heard that they looked hooked up at Cleveland, even in stock......
Yeah, yeah, yeah....But then watch I won't get to race. Besides it's time to go in circles.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Rob - 1mm bar should be fine, it was just in mod that I needed more steering. If the car can handle mod, carry corner speed and still be drivable, it will be fast in stock.... All of my set-ups for the Xray are pretty easy to drive.

AXRAY - Nope, not a chance!!!

kid - Transmitter settings depend on the servo, servo arm, etc... I run all the settings at 0... I just adjust the end points so it turns the same circles.... The camber is what gives you the traction in the corner when the car rolls - if you run less camber, then you are on more of the orange which will cause the car to push....

James - I ran the Parma Alfa on the TC and the Speed 12 on 1/12. The new Jaco tires are incredible - faster lap times by .1-.2 (at least!!) and better run time due to the increased roll speed and less rotating weight. I will say that there's a 99.5% chance that they will always be on my car from now on.

mtc3od - Just put the chassis on and go. It improves corner speed and consistancy straight away. I've yet to see anyone put it on and not like it. The soft, med and hard meant the a-arms - this was from the origional long arm car that had the 3 choices.... All I do for the club track is drop down 1-2 spring rates and 10wt in oil and it's perfect.....

Scrad - You set-up EVERYTHING identical?? Download my carpet nats set-up from www.cefx.net and set everything the same - most important make sure your rear diff is very free (nearly slipping) and make your front diff at least 2 times as tight.... I'm not sure about the hooking problem....

smyka - I'll be at the Birds!! Good luck at Scotty's!!

Randy - Dremel the rear a-arm and then re-drill the hole so the threads are deep enough. Tell Mark, hey!!

Brian - lol... Oval Sunday's and Tuesday's now!! The track is down and I'm going to finish up my 1/12 tommorow and drive it around!!
Old 12-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Any idea when you will have c12 kits available?
Old 12-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Josh- Congratulations on your great wins and thank you for all your setup help. We need it!.

I found your setup on the Xray site and I had some questions.
1. Are you still using Associated oil.
2. Did you really use Double Pink-Orange both front and back.
3. Where do we get a spacer to use for camber link hole 2 in the rear.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by Tom V; 12-06-2004 at 10:44 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.