Wiki Posts
Search

Talkin' with Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default overdrive

hi josh.....

what overdrive ratio should i use in my G4....
some people says that 4wd cars must have 0.95 to 0.99 ODR....

but i did the calcs and ther my G4 ODR is 1.29.....!!!
Old 02-23-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Greg - Umm, I dunno...lol.. I've had lots of e-mails lately...

Scott - Thanks!!

trackdesigner71 - It's been a long time...lol.. I just remember thick t-bar, .020 front springs, 3 degrees camber, 2 degrees castor, asc diff grease on the dampners....

CRASH - Yep, definatly have to drill the hole deeper!!

Matt04 - All of the Xray team has tested the al. vs plastic. We all like the plastic shocks better so that may be the reason....

F1junkie - That is CEFX's C-LMP675. I want to test with it a bit more (especially wing configurations) but hopefully we can have it out in a few months.
thanks for the advice, your an example to us all. Did you get my reply email?
Old 02-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default stock motors

I know that u run modified but i was wondering what u think is the best stock motor. I hear the new epic is insane.

Thanks Doug
Old 02-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: New Body???????

Originally posted by F1Junkie
Hi -

I saw this on the RC Tech site and was wondering if it is coming to production anytime soon...

Anyone with other info on the body?

Thanks in advance

Dave

http://rctech.net/events/snowbirds20...r_atomic_2.jpg
Running more scale looking bodies would be very cool. Can't wait to see!
Old 02-23-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Josh,

Thanks for the tip!! I wondered why I wasn't throwing well... ha... hey check into basecamp wouldja? Troy is wondering if you're still breathing....

Jeff
Old 02-23-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Sway bars

Whats up Josh this is Devin Barnes from Raincity. You have got to come out again. That was fun last year!
Anyways I have a question for you about the x ray sway bars. First I was wondering how you set the blade style sway bar with the long arms.I know how to adjust it. I am just not sure if I have it set corectly to not bind. I was wondering how close together that you have the male and female sides together in the middle. I usually have the screws loose and push them all the way together then compress the suspension, let up then tighten the screws. I was wondering how you do it if you have even used that bar with the old arms.

On the new short arms what do you think about the wire sway bars made for those arms compared to the blade style sway bar? Is there a way you can modify the new arms to use the blade style sway bar? Drill some holes and maybe add a tapered spacer so that they are straight or maybe drill a hole and mount it to the flat part of the arms?

Oh yeah on the Serpent sight. Michael Salvin, what a whining jackass!!! Even naming and complaining about his volunteer pitman, come on! The guy messed up and caused a crash. Get over it. That guy has no class. Funny how they edit it all up after all the responses from talk back.

By the way how did it end up that you drive for Xray and not race gas for Serpent too. I always thought that they were kind of the same team or is that changing and not the case anymore.

Well good luck racing, bowling and jumping gas cars over your house

Devin
Old 02-23-2004, 10:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Only breaking your 'BOWL' dude!!! Everyone's gotta have an out to break the monotany... How's about Billiards???
Old 02-24-2004, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Josh

Just wondering, what's the rational behind the "spring-less" front end on your 1/12? Would such a setup work better on tarmac or carpet? Thanks
Old 02-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Josh-have heard from anyone whos raced the FW-05R as to its handlng and its clutch performance?

Thanks,
Ray
Old 02-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Salvadori - Remember, in racing there isn't really a right or wrong way to do anything - which way makes YOU go the fastest is the best way...

trackdesigner71 - I'm not on my main computer right now to get e-mail. I'll look for it tommorow!!

Doug - I really don't know since it's been a while since I ran stock....

sands - I agree and that's why I spent the time to make this. I wanted to compete with it at the Snowbirds but I just didn't get it done in time....

Jeff - lol... Ok, will do!!!

DEVRO!!! What's up!! I just eyeball the blade sway bar set-up. Doing it the way you are works just fine. I have used the long arms (for about 10 battery packs) then I switched to the short ones and haven't gone back!! There isn't really a good way to put the blade on the short a-arms - you would need new sway bar mounts. Xray and Serpent are two totally different companies. I let Xray know from the start that I was currently with and was staying with Kyosho for a very long time so there was to be no confussion about me racing for Serpent.

NitroHead - Billiards?!?! I can play sometimes...lol... Spashett is the man when it comes to that!!

NightKidZ - The idea was low cg and to use the fiberglass to add a more consistant dampening effect to the front end. Also, to add a ton of clearance in the front end to make more "realistic" body styles. Plus, it's just something different...lol.. 1/12 cars have looked the same for how many years? It's time to go in a different direction to see what can be done to possibly raise the bar in performace....

ray - I know the clutch well in the Kyosho and I think the clutch is very very good. Handling wise, I haven't run my car yet but I do know that that Kyosho Japan members are very excited about the car and it's early performance.
Old 02-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Josh the speedline race might not happen
im geting a hole bunch of y's and y not's
when i find out the real story ill let u know

ps did u find out if the FW05 gears will work on my VoneR
Old 02-24-2004, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Josh can you explain in which situations is bump steer desireable via too many spacers under the steering knuckle ball stud or not enough? This is for TC.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Josh the speedline race might not happen
Wow, thats really insteresting (interesting) Mike Swauger and other sources have confirmed the race as being a go. If this is true please post A.S.A.P. so that I may confirm it with my sources.

I just made my friggin reservations tonite!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Josh, I finally got a set of the new short arms. Now I see why there is no going back! I only got to run about a half a pack and thats all it took to notice how much flatter the car stays and more corner speed. I guess there would be more to it than mounting the sway bar to the arms. I forgot about the pins being moved to the outside. It is too bad. I really liked that blade style sway bar. It is so easy to adjust. What do you think of the new bar compared to the blade style.

Thanks for your help!
Devin
Old 02-25-2004, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Josh,

Just stopping in to say hey. The new cars looked great at the Birds. Keep at it man. It will all come together in the end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.