Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2910Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok last night I had my first run tried a few sets of tires but kept going back to the p-one from wrc.
The only thing I found is that I was diffing out on corners if I came in to aggressively and tried to hit the gas hard coming out of the corner I can hear the car diffing. Any ideas on how to stop that i.e stiffer springs or softer or a roll center somewhere
dr_hfuhuhurr likes this.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default So 1/10 F1 is not to scale.

The wheelbase of 10 scale F1 is 100mm short.

These things are long...
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-1495191780723.jpg  
G-rem and josecarlo1129 like this.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They say Mercs will fall short in Monaco since it is sporting the longest wheelbase amongst the group but practice proves otherwise, setting the fastest lap ever recorded.

*edit

Ferrari beats Merc's.
liljohn1064 likes this.

Last edited by josecarlo1129; 05-25-2017 at 06:25 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
For stock racing, 13gauge water is pretty overkill consider touring car modified guys uses 13 or 12 gauge for their wires. Now I havent used TQ wires before so I cant comment on how flexible or soft their wire is. Might work for the application, but Im using muchmore's full copper 16gauge wires on my F1 running a 21.5T motor and the wires are more than capable of handling the load. Not to mention the extra flex a thinner wire provides frees up the rear pod and the weight saved (probably not much, but you;ll be surprised) going to thinner wires
That was the Recommendation from Mr. TQ himself.

I'll be in HK in June, if you'd like to try some TQ stuff let me know, will get you some.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Scionara05
Ok last night I had my first run tried a few sets of tires but kept going back to the p-one from wrc.
The only thing I found is that I was diffing out on corners if I came in to aggressively and tried to hit the gas hard coming out of the corner I can hear the car diffing. Any ideas on how to stop that i.e stiffer springs or softer or a roll center somewhere
What other tires did you try? Are you running on asphalt or carpet? It's interesting you feel the P-Ones handles better. Their front tires aren't bad, but the rear tires have no grip at all. At least for me on asphalt.

What what I was told, stiffer springs would give more rear traction but might also lift the inside wheel during a turn. Try a softer side spring and see if that helps.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:32 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr

I'll be in HK in June, if you'd like to try some TQ stuff let me know, will get you some.
Like I said I never used TQ wires before so I'm only going by my experience with standard wire size available to me.

Thanks for the offer but I have too many wires at home and not enough cars to wire. What are you doing in HK? Planning on checking out any tracks here?
Old 05-25-2017, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've read some running a soft Pit front and rear Ride... is the idea to give more steering due to the difference in ride height as the ride's pre mounts are significantly bigger than Pits on a 104 wheel?
Old 05-25-2017, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by disaster999
What other tires did you try? Are you running on asphalt or carpet? It's interesting you feel the P-Ones handles better. Their front tires aren't bad, but the rear tires have no grip at all. At least for me on asphalt.

What what I was told, stiffer springs would give more rear traction but might also lift the inside wheel during a turn. Try a softer side spring and see if that helps.
I tried sweep full set,
Schumacher fronts only and CRC full set,
But the CRC were not preped so that wasn't a good test as the car had no grip anywhere front or rear.

Surface is black CRC carpet
For me the p ones gave a good feeling just like I said I kept hearing the car diff out at certain corners if I tried to push it to keep up. With no grip in the front and full grip in the rear it was good then towards later in the run it wanted to 2 wheel in spots
Old 05-25-2017, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr

Hey dr_hfuhuhurr - almost hit the buy button on some TQ wire yesterday. Mind helping me out get a couple meters of the stuff?

As disaster's already asked, what you planning on doing in HK? Am sure we could help out with showing you around some of the shops here and the track we go to if the times all work out.
disaster999 likes this.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:56 PM
Regional Moderator

I tried sweep full set,
But the CRC were not preped so that wasn't a good test as the car had no grip anywhere front or rear.

For me the p ones gave a good feeling just like I said I kept hearing the car diff out at certain corners if I tried to push it to keep up. With no grip in the front and full grip in the rear it was good then towards later in the run it wanted to 2 wheel in spots
Schumacher and CRC are pretty much the same tires which is made by Pit Shimizu which are highly regarded and considered the best tires for F1. Im no expert on carpet so I guess Ill leave it for others to comment on the setup
Old 05-25-2017, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I tried sweep full set,

When you ran the P-Ones, did you readjust your ride height? The P-Ones are significantly taller than the other tires.

Mark
Old 05-25-2017, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I tried sweep full set,

Prep the CRC/Pit Shimizus. You have to get the form release off of them. They will be night and day different once they are ready. Do not clean them with motor spray or lighter fuel. Use either traction compound, WD40 or anything that will help soften the rubber. You should have more traction than you know what to do with on black carpet. After about 4 or 5 runs and cleanings, the tires wills start to show dull bare rubber and start to lose the shiny outer surface on the contact patch. Just take your time with the process.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scirocco14
When you ran the P-Ones, did you readjust your ride height? The P-Ones are significantly taller than the other tires.

Mark
No I had the car set with the p-ones at 4mm front and rear
Old 05-26-2017, 10:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Do not clean them with motor spray or lighter fuel. Use either traction compound, WD40 or anything that will help soften the rubber.
Thanks for the advice! I was about to set up my tires this weekend and so many places say to use brake cleaner or engine cleaner to clean the mold release off.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

want to ask a silly question, what is the difference of the f103 & f104 differential please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.