Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2910Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Caster is faster
Tell me about it, I cranked it up to 15deg and it was 3-4 tenths faster, smoother and more stable than the stock setting. Time to order up another set for my t-bar car.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I have a weird question. I'm looking at the Renault stickers offered by F1Paintlabs (http://f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com/10-1/) and think they would look sweet on a yellow or camel yellow body. However, as far as I know, there aren't Renault bodies around. So... do most of you just buy, say, a Ferrari body and paint it whatever team/color you want?
Old 09-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
I have a weird question. I'm looking at the Renault stickers offered by F1Paintlabs (http://f1paintlab.mybigcommerce.com/10-1/) and think they would look sweet on a yellow or camel yellow body. However, as far as I know, there aren't Renault bodies around. So... do most of you just buy, say, a Ferrari body and paint it whatever team/color you want?
Yep, that's the ticket
Old 09-12-2013, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Old 09-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, another noob question. Looking at the TQRC site for F1 bodies, I see sets like the Ferrari 2012, F60 and Macleran, I get those full body sets. But, some others are just bodies and some are just bodies with a wing. If it says that a rear wing or plate or mount aren't included, how do I know what to get to get those missing pieces? Some I can relate by name/model, but I'm having trouble understanding if all plastic and hardware will be included. Basically I'm trying to get a body and wings but no decals so I can use the F1paintlabs decals. Can someone clarify the non-bodyset options I have?

Sorry, I promise I'm not dumb, just confused :-)
Old 09-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Ok, another noob question. Looking at the TQRC site for F1 bodies, I see sets like the Ferrari 2012, F60 and Macleran, I get those full body sets. But, some others are just bodies and some are just bodies with a wing. If it says that a rear wing or plate or mount aren't included, how do I know what to get to get those missing pieces? Some I can relate by name/model, but I'm having trouble understanding if all plastic and hardware will be included. Basically I'm trying to get a body and wings but no decals so I can use the F1paintlabs decals. Can someone clarify the non-bodyset options I have?

The bodies that include wings also include decals, you want the F60 or McLaren tamiya body they are the best options.

Mark
Old 09-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
Tell me about it, I cranked it up to 15deg and it was 3-4 tenths faster, smoother and more stable than the stock setting. Time to order up another set for my t-bar car.

I got my GP set up to 15- 16° caster.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mtveten
The bodies that include wings also include decals, you want the F60 or McLaren tamiya body they are the best options.

Mark
No, I know, but I have my eye on the F1Painlabs black Renault decals, and I want to put them on a yellow body. So, I basically wouldn't use the F60 or McLaren decals. I was hoping not to have to waste those. That's all
Old 09-13-2013, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

No, I know, but I have my eye on the F1Painlabs black Renault decals, and I want to put them on a yellow body. So, I basically wouldn't use the F60 or McLaren decals. I was hoping not to have to waste those. That's all
The McLaren at TQRC

Body only

Front Wing

Rear Wing

The costs of the 3 above is more than the complete bodyset and you'll have to find the head. It's better to just get the whole thing and sell the stickers.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
The McLaren at TQRC

Body only

Front Wing

Rear Wing

The costs of the 3 above is more than the complete bodyset and you'll have to find the head. It's better to just get the whole thing and sell the stickers.
Hm, yeah, that's the conclusion I was coming to myself. I appreciate you giving me the links, though!
Old 09-14-2013, 02:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by edhchoe
I got my GP set up to 15- 16° caster.
Does this Adjustable front arm make the car that much faster?
What would be the benefit to use this besides easier adjustments? Does it provide more speed in turns?
Old 09-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
What would be the benefit to use this besides easier adjustments? Does it provide more speed in turns?
If you know how you want to adjust camber and caster for improved handling it will surely help dial in to different surfaces.
Get it right and that car will be happier than ever.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here's the latest vid from our Texas Electric On-Road Series. This is Round 3 of 4.

F1 action included..

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
Well the theory is that you gain more negative camber when the wheels are turned because the axis of rotation is tilted more.
Imagine vertical kingpin(no caster) vs horizontal kingpin (90° caster).
Old 09-14-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You are better off buying the bodyset, because it includes all the hardware to assemble the wings as well
We have McLarens and F2012's in stock, with F60s due to arrive soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.