Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Like Tree2923Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Old 10-09-2013, 07:45 PM
  #9451  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
wwddww34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Dallas Texas
Posts: 2,560
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Calling out all F1 drivers in the Texas/Oklahoma/Louisiana area, come on down to Houston for the final round of TxEOS!
Originally Posted by wwddww34
Flyer for Texas EOS Round 4 - Final Round at RSD Speedway on Oct. 27.

Click on the image below to see the full page flyer.


Get registered online by going here--> RCsignup.com
wwddww34 is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 06:49 PM
  #9452  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,391
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by terry.sc
For an F109 start with Pit Shimizu 541/542.

Same rubber compound as the 571/572 F104 tyres, but the 541/542 tyres are sized to fit the F109. The F104 wheels and tyres are too tall at the front and too narrow at the rear for the F109 unless you swap the front end out for the F104 narrow front end.
thanks guys. Got my 542 tires. Comes with some odd inserts, almost like a rubber/foam. When i put them on the wheels there is a ton of air. What do you guys recommend for the rear inserts/foams ?

thanks again.
tobamiester is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 06:53 PM
  #9453  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (36)
 
metalnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,726
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobamiester
thanks guys. Got my 542 tires. Comes with some odd inserts, almost like a rubber/foam. When i put them on the wheels there is a ton of air. What do you guys recommend for the rear inserts/foams ?

thanks again.
Depending on the Pit tire, it'll either come with the rubbery foam you got, or with softer foam, by design. I was confused by this as well, but just use what they give you for that specific tire. The rubbery foam you got leaves the air gap you're seeing, but I was told that's by design as well. They're run just like that. I can confirm that they stick like glue despite the air space, as my car is super planted on carpet.
metalnut is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 07:01 PM
  #9454  
Tech Elite
 
al dente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 5280 Raceway. Denver's finest RC facility
Posts: 4,780
Default

Originally Posted by gijoe64
Did you guys get to see CRC's new F1 on the IIC page?

http://www.rc50.com/displayimage.php..._display_media
Originally Posted by Ph3nyx
amazing ! is it official ? a prototype ?
Originally Posted by gijoe64
I have no clue, just seen it today.
Originally Posted by NutDriver
GottaGetOneGottaGetOneGottaGetOne!!!!
Glad to see some interest in the car. We had 3 prototypes at the race. Qualified 1,2,&4, along with a win and a second. The cars were finished the Thursday before iic. Frank's first time running it was at iic, Brian and I had just a few packs through it before the race. This car and the results are a testament to franks vision and design skills. Frank is working out some things for the production version, so stay tuned. in the mean time, expect the same quality and reasonable pricing as the rest of crc's product line.
al dente is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 09:04 PM
  #9455  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,746
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tobamiester
thanks guys. Got my 542 tires. Comes with some odd inserts, almost like a rubber/foam. When i put them on the wheels there is a ton of air. What do you guys recommend for the rear inserts/foams ?

thanks again.
Stock thin inserts for the win! Be sure to glue the insert ends together a little. No big glue globs.
MikeR is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 09:22 PM
  #9456  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
Victor Vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Over Here
Posts: 2,788
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Anyone got set up info on the TRG112 please.

I picked one up and all's good except I can't keep the inside rear wheel on the ground in turns. Nothing keeps it down. Done all weights up to 50k in the tubes. Got a gold spring and 35 wt in the shock. What can one do with them funny fibre glass links ?? Just about to toss them out and put regular links in their place and plant some side springs in there somehow.

Anyone ??
Victor Vector is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 10:22 PM
  #9457  
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,191
Default

Originally Posted by MikeR
Stock thin inserts for the win! Be sure to glue the insert ends together a little. No big glue globs.
Use contact cement instead of CA and the joint stays flexier
InspGadgt is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 10:39 PM
  #9458  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,204
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
Anyone got set up info on the TRG112 please.

I picked one up and all's good except I can't keep the inside rear wheel on the ground in turns. Nothing keeps it down. Done all weights up to 50k in the tubes. Got a gold spring and 35 wt in the shock. What can one do with them funny fibre glass links ?? Just about to toss them out and put regular links in their place and plant some side springs in there somehow.

Anyone ??
At one point on the old car there were shorter links, possibly black fiberglass and thicker. We mounted them solid to the car... no o-rings or whatever.

http://rcf1blog.blogspot.com/2011/07...on-trg111.html

http://rcf1blog.blogspot.com/2011/12...ontinuing.html
robk is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 06:22 AM
  #9459  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (360)
 
tobamiester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tea drinking Limmey in NJ
Posts: 12,391
Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by metalnut
Depending on the Pit tire, it'll either come with the rubbery foam you got, or with softer foam, by design. I was confused by this as well, but just use what they give you for that specific tire. The rubbery foam you got leaves the air gap you're seeing, but I was told that's by design as well. They're run just like that. I can confirm that they stick like glue despite the air space, as my car is super planted on carpet.
Originally Posted by MikeR
Stock thin inserts for the win! Be sure to glue the insert ends together a little. No big glue globs.
thanks guys
tobamiester is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 11:11 AM
  #9460  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (2)
 
simple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 930
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by al dente
Glad to see some interest in the car. We had 3 prototypes at the race. Qualified 1,2,&4, along with a win and a second. The cars were finished the Thursday before iic. Frank's first time running it was at iic, Brian and I had just a few packs through it before the race. This car and the results are a testament to franks vision and design skills. Frank is working out some things for the production version, so stay tuned. in the mean time, expect the same quality and reasonable pricing as the rest of crc's product line.
Its been a while since I've been this excited about another F1 car. I am hoping that it will maintain compatibility with Tamiya bodies?
simple is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 12:08 PM
  #9461  
Tech Elite
 
al dente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 5280 Raceway. Denver's finest RC facility
Posts: 4,780
Default

yes. in fact the car was designed to use the pre marked dimples in the tamiya bodies. which is awesome.
al dente is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 12:33 PM
  #9462  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Rick Vessell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 2,515
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by al dente
yes. in fact the car was designed to use the pre marked dimples in the tamiya bodies. which is awesome.
But not as awesome as you are Mario!
Rick Vessell is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 12:35 PM
  #9463  
Tech Elite
 
al dente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 5280 Raceway. Denver's finest RC facility
Posts: 4,780
Default

this is a true statement.
al dente is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 12:40 PM
  #9464  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,617
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by al dente
this is a true statement.
Factual, as you are now an F1 champion.
CypressMidWest is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 06:22 PM
  #9465  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (30)
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,046
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

This may go without saying, but on second thought......
Am I correct in assuming that the new CRC car is going to use standard-sized F1 hexes?
NutDriver is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.