Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2898Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
Just a heads up, Tim Ruwe is putting together a Southern California F1 race series... The first race of the series will be at the Camarillo track on November 7th... This will be an ALL F1 event yes baby... check out this site for rules and regulations and scoring...

http://www.charleslightfoot.com/SoCal_F1_Series.html
If my wife was not having a birthday party for me that day here in Aliso Viejo, I would be there. I even stopped by Freedom Park in Camarillo on my way back from the Central Coast this week to check out the track site.... I hope to make the next series event though!

Any word on where the next event will be held?

Last edited by Arthur Burns; 10-22-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Arthur Burns
If my wife was not having a birthday party for me that day here in Aliso Viejo, I would be there. I even stopped by the Freedom Park in Camarillo on my way back from the Central Coast this week to check it out.... I hope to make the next series event though!

Any word on where the next event will be held?
Dude, you're one lucky mfer.... If I didn't have a girlfriend of 9yrs, didn't live in Reno, I"d live THERE. Near all those R/C spots!!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by zpmhinojosa
Dude, you're one lucky mfer.... If I didn't have a girlfriend of 9yrs, didn't live in Reno, I"d live THERE. Near all those R/C spots!!!!
Don't sweat it. I lived in Mammoth Lakes for 5 years... Talk about no R/C scene. I had some friends that had a nice off-road track down in Bishop though. But there are other benefits to living in the Eastern Sierra.

Besides, if I didn't get married, I'd still be living in Santa Barbara or Pismo Beach, so you are doing just fine...

Any good R/C shops in Reno? I am up there quite a bit for work.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 240Z
We are running this F1 series here in So. Cal. Where possible, the series venues will limit the event to an all F1 day to keep the focus on this very unique chassis. We have done it twice so far and it has been great with a no pressure group of guys who offer spare parts and advice (wanted or not ).

Dude, I have been at this for years and I still suck. I suck a little less that I did, and I am glad that I do it for fun instead of income. So don't let that newb status stop you. Just being around faster people will make you faster. Come on down and join us. It is an opportunity to get ready for TCS this spring.
I gotta say, it's real tempting. Ya never know, I got my eye on that lottery yall have!!! Seriously though, being I live in Reno, how would I even begin to sign up for that race. I've never been in an offical race. What if my car's over weight, under weight? What if I bring all the wrong stuff I'm sure it's not all I'm making it out to be...

I'll tell ya one thing, my first trip, all my sences will be hightened.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Don't sweat it. I lived in Mammoth Lakes for 5 years... Talk about no R/C scene. I had some friends that had a nice off-road track down in Bishop though. But there are other benefits to living in the Eastern Sierra.

Besides, if I didn't get married, I'd still be living in Santa Barbara or Pismo Beach, so you are doing just fine...

Any good R/C shops in Reno? I am up there quite a bit for work.
You talk as if S.B. or Pismo B, are the slums Reno r/c? Dude you better stop in Sac before you get here, the guy whom runs that hole of a shop in Carson is a douche, the guys in Sparks, all they care about is how much information they can bounce back and forth! I had to get the hell outta there, they were just losing me. And I had to wait till next day delivery. Other than that, sucky.... I went to Sac., my-self for my newest goodies.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by zpmhinojosa
You talk as if S.B. or Pismo B, are the slums
I meant it the other way around. I love Orange County (now) but it took some getting used to. (And I grew up in North County San Diego...) It's CROWDED, but the active RC scene is a nice plus.

Sad thing is, I missed the Aliso Viejo F1 race day due to previous plans (wife again ). I made it to Saturday practice though.

You and your friends should start an F1 race club up in Reno. Heck, when I lived in Pismo there was a pretty lively on-road club scene that had good racing almost every weekend. Sadly, I think they may be disbanded now though.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

I meant it the other way around. I love Orange County (now) but it took some getting used to. (And I grew up in North County San Diego...) It's CROWDED, but the active RC scene is a nice plus.

Sad thing is, I missed the Aliso Viejo F1 race day due to previous plans (wife again ). I made it to Saturday practice though.

You and your friends should start an F1 race club up in Reno. Heck, when I lived in Pismo there was a pretty lively on-road club scene that had good racing almost every weekend. Sadly, I think they may be disbanded now though.
Well, my friends have the cars, it's timing, to get a club going at this point I'd have to hire these guys full time.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

jUst ran my F103L today at my local track, black can, Novak gtx n old lipo. Top speed is nice, 29 pinion on 101spur.

But I do get spin out sometimes, is it my throttle control or servo speed too sensitive, speed is 100% 9550 servo.

I m using zen sponge tires 30 rear n 35 front.

Am I missing out something or need more practise hee
Old 10-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micro-E
hey 240,

Is the F1 series you run open to all F1 makes, or just the Tamiya cars? ALso, can other F1 cars run on that Aliso Viejo track, or do they limit that to just Tamiya cars?
The series is open to all open wheel F1 1/10 scale 2WD direct drive chassis. HPI f10, Tamiya F102/103/104, vintage Kyosho, Cross, MPL, 3Racing F109......

The Tamiya track is only for Tamiya cars with the rare exception of special races such as the Reedy race or the more recent UF1 day.

The next Series day is Nov. 7 at Camarillo. December, we may head indoors to West Coast once they open up again. You can make suggestions or follow along on this thread.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

We have 20+ guys every Wed night at Speedworld in Sacramento. F1 is growing like crazy.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayL
We have 20+ guys every Wed night at Speedworld in Sacramento. F1 is growing like crazy.
It's kinda funny how F1 is sprouting again... and most of the guys that are running now are running cars they've had for YEARS.... just to show how things come back around again...

Mini's made a resurgence, and now F1

maybe someday front wheel drive touring may come back too and I'll get to use my Yokomo YRF2 or my Tamiya Calsonic Primera.... (both are ready to hit the track, needing only a receiver)

I have an HPI Super F1, an F201, and now an F104 and I'm having a ball running F1 again
Old 10-23-2009, 10:50 AM
RAL
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by akura2
It's kinda funny how F1 is sprouting again... and most of the guys that are running now are running cars they've had for YEARS.... just to show how things come back around again...

Mini's made a resurgence, and now F1

maybe someday front wheel drive touring may come back too and I'll get to use my Yokomo YRF2 or my Tamiya Calsonic Primera.... (both are ready to hit the track, needing only a receiver)

I have an HPI Super F1, an F201, and now an F104 and I'm having a ball running F1 again
I was just talking with a friend about that. Also its funny how RCGT is basically the mid 90's TC class. Same bodies, same tires! When TC first started the only choice you had was HPI/Tamiya tires and bodies for the most part.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jay is right, F1 is growing in Roseville. Go to www.speedworldraceway.com and click on the video section to watch some night racing with the F1's.

Brian
Old 10-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JayL
Dude, I live in Reno, and I almost threw up when I read this. Could you send me every and all the information I could possibly use to hike over the hill and come RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Williams FW14 Paint colors

Hi,
could any of you help me distinguish what the actual colors are on an FW14? I'm going to "try" and paint a replica, and would like to use Parma Faskolor. I will be airbrushing, and am open to really any brand of paint that will work. The body will be Lexan.

Thanks in advance.
-Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.