Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2898Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=HeliYogi;6490999]
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Gonna be cool!!!
...Marlboro logos
Maybe it'll be done one of these days /QUOTE]

I knew the big boys would bring out their cars if I posted some photos, BP your the first one let see who else shows 'em too.

I have the decals you need to finish, send me an email to remind me...

Cheers!

PD Nice video Mr Hinojosa
Thanks for the props Heli.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Saturday's super light practice.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by zpmhinojosa
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
What's a "track pad?"

other than the thing that I use on my laptop to move the mouse around
Old 10-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default which one

does anyone have any thought about the new 3 racing f1 car when being compared to the tamiya f104pro?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by akura2
What's a "track pad?"

other than the thing that I use on my laptop to move the mouse around
Track pads consist of rolled and taped up long beach towels & rolled carpet segments strung through with rope. We also use beveled floor shop mats (cut @ about 3/4s of a square foot) to add some realism. I'm sure it sounds funny, but I'll testify that the towels, and carpet are saviors!!! Soft and cushy hits if ya happen to smack that wall. LOL. We call it a "Track in a box", for us home grown track seekers. Check this footage out, I think you can see what I'm talkin about.
+ YouTube Video
Old 10-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racer x 1
does anyone have any thought about the new 3 racing f1 car when being compared to the tamiya f104pro?
My opinion is if it went up against a 104 (like mine ) it more than likely would get smoked... Or end up in the pits lookin for a quick solution for that car's losing streak. Just kiddin, I'm sure it'd be sweet to see 2 104s, 2 3Racing F1s, and finally 2 HPIs going at it, that would be tough!!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Track pads consist of rolled and taped up long beach towels & rolled carpet segments strung through with rope. We also use beveled floor shop mats (cut @ about 3/4s of a square foot) to add some realism. I'm sure it sounds funny, but I'll testify that the towels, and carpet are saviors!!! Soft and cushy hits if ya happen to smack that wall. LOL. We call it a "Track in a box", for us home grown track seekers. Check this footage out, I think you can see what I'm talkin about.
+ YouTube Video
nice video, what kind of set up is in those F1s? seems fast I am running gtx, black can, & F103L.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
nice video, what kind of set up is in those F1s? seems fast I am running gtx, black can, & F103L.
Thanks for the compliment on the vid. Well, I can't speak on my fellow racers as far as what they have in their rigs, even though I do peak at what they have from time to time! Me, I'm rockin a Komoto 19T w/ a 4600 6c, a HS-645MG ULtra Torque Hitec servo, along w/a Tekin Racing FX-R speed controller.

Next Spring I'm dumpin a 4400 or 4600 Mamba Max in my 104. I'll keep the Komoto in my 103. Anything more than that as far as brushless WILL be too fast, at least for our track.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My opinion is if it went up against a 104 (like mine ) it more than likely would get smoked... Or end up in the pits lookin for a quick solution for that car's losing streak. Just kiddin, I'm sure it'd be sweet to see 2 104s, 2 3Racing F1s, and finally 2 HPIs going at it, that would be tough!!!!
Would love to know what the experts have to say about the F109 as well. From what little I have heard, $120 gets you a whole lot of car out of the box.

I don't know of any F109's that will be running, but the Road Runners RC club will be hosting an all F1 day in Camarillo Nov. 7. I do know that Tamiya and HPI will be well represented at the event. It would be cool to see some Reno representation. Road trip?
Old 10-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 240Z
Would love to know what the experts have to say about the F109 as well. From what little I have heard, $120 gets you a whole lot of car out of the box.

I don't know of any F109's that will be running, but the Road Runners RC club will be hosting an all F1 day in Camarillo Nov. 7. I do know that Tamiya and HPI will be well represented at the event. It would be cool to see some Reno representation. Road trip?
Ya, some (real) expert knowledge would be insightful. That $120 shreds the cost my of kit! As far as a road tirp, dude I gotta get much better @ this... I'm such a newb!!! Although, when I'm confident (like Mike Tyson when he faught in the 90s) LOL, I'm more than sure a road trip won't be outta the question, besides aint Tamiya America down there? I dream of taking a big breath, with both hands on the door handles, then opening those doors at the same time and hearing angels. Oh ya, almost forgot, I see the brightest light in the store possible.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You guys have a really fun thing going there! Goofing off with friends is more fun than the high pressure racing, and cheaper! Check out this video and pay attention to the borders. The green portions are just lattice covered in fake grass, the red/white boards are just 1x2s screwed together in a V shape, and the yellow circles are plow dots. I've raced with this club for over ten years and I've never broken a single part. Best part.....these borders are easy to see at high speed, which is more than can be said for the standard white walls at the big national events.

+ YouTube Video
Old 10-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z

F109 is the truth, son. The bad johnny.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-ghost-wheel-shark.jpgCheck this one out!I think it's sick. Sorry about the rear wheel ghostness.

Last edited by zpmhinojosa; 10-22-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

As far as a road tirp, dude I gotta get much better @ this... I'm such a newb!!!

I'm more than sure a road trip won't be outta the question, besides aint Tamiya America down there? I dream of taking a big breath, with both hands on the door handles, then opening those doors at the same time and hearing angels. Oh ya, almost forgot, I see the brightest light in the store possible.
We are running this F1 series here in So. Cal. Where possible, the series venues will limit the event to an all F1 day to keep the focus on this very unique chassis. We have done it twice so far and it has been great with a no pressure group of guys who offer spare parts and advice (wanted or not ).

Dude, I have been at this for years and I still suck. I suck a little less that I did, and I am glad that I do it for fun instead of income. So don't let that newb status stop you. Just being around faster people will make you faster. Come on down and join us. It is an opportunity to get ready for TCS this spring.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey 240,

Is the F1 series you run open to all F1 makes, or just the Tamiya cars? ALso, can other F1 cars run on that Aliso Viejo track, or do they limit that to just Tamiya cars?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.