Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2899Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We have a booming class right now, and the owner and race directors are trying to see if people are interested in traveling for an F1 class. 3 more guys got F1s this week. Hopefully there's enough interest nationally. I don't know how many it takes to make a class at a National, but we are over 10 locally.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Robotech
Digging that FGX...

On a related topic but completely not in the same vien as this conversation...

I'm sitting here watching "The Santa Clause" with Tim Allen. There is a scene towards the middle of the movie where Tim Allen and the actor playing his son wake up on Christmas morning after having delivered toys for the first time the night before. Charlie, the name of his son, is being picked up by his mom and getting his things together.

One of the things he's picking up is a Tamiya F103L Indy Car in Newman Haas colors off the coffee table. At one point you can see the silver can mabuchi motor and foam rear tires on it as he's walking towards the front door. I had that exact same car and was my second F1 (though technically the F103L had the longer wheelbase like a full size Indycar) and wish I still had it laying around somewhere. Just is funny I happen to see that tonight after reading all these F1 threads.
Thats cool. I remember wanting that car so bad years ago.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Digging that FGX...

I'm sitting here watching "The Santa Clause" with Tim Allen. There is a scene towards the middle of the movie where Tim Allen and the actor playing his son wake up on Christmas morning after having delivered toys for the first time the night before. Charlie, the name of his son, is being picked up by his mom and getting his things together.

One of the things he's picking up is a Tamiya F103L Indy Car in Newman Haas colors off the coffee table.

At one point you can see the silver can mabuchi motor and foam rear tires on it as he's walking towards the front door. I had that exact same car and was my second F1 (though technically the F103L had the longer wheelbase like a full size Indycar) and wish I still had it laying around somewhere. Just is funny I happen to see that tonight after reading all these F1 threads.
A LHS here has one sitting on the shelf.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by texastc
We have a booming class right now, and the owner and race directors are trying to see if people are interested in traveling for an F1 class. 3 more guys got F1s this week. Hopefully there's enough interest nationally. I don't know how many it takes to make a class at a National, but we are over 10 locally.
Here in Toledo our class is taking off as well as any class I have ever seen. Seems like evey week we pick up another new car or two. IF it is picking up in Texas and Toleod it has to be working in other places also.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by texastc
Thats cool. I remember wanting that car so bad years ago.
They pushed really bad and couldn't keep up with the regular F1s on a road course track because of that long wheelbase but I raced it on oval once and it did really good. Still had to sauce the fronts heavily and leave the rears alone to get it to hook up.

Raced it in a Novice 235 pan car class on a 1/4 scale oval. Ran the silver can geared something like 34/60. The spur was so small the diff rings looked like they had white teeth. Took forever to get up to speed but husseled well enough to not only TQ in the second heat, but beat that in the third heat too.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dasmopar

My first F1 paint job. Holy nightmare!! Way to many parts to one body, 1 inch thick lexan, and my paints did not get along. So I figure first good hard shot the blue paint is all going to fall off. Once I saw the paint crinkle up I just slapped the stickers on just to get it good enough to run this weekend. I have another body on order for attempt number 2 at the livery. I have a new set of tires and wheels coming also so they will match the body.
So is that a F104 Vodafone McLaren - Mercedes MP4-24
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=51430
kit with your paint job and without the side pods etc.?

I am struggling to work out the differences between them all.

BTW it looks great
Old 12-02-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default UF1 Series

UF1 Winter Series
2nd Race will be this Saturday...
Doors open at 10AM....
Qualifying at 12...

http://uf1series.com/
Old 12-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fritzzz
So is that a F104 Vodafone McLaren - Mercedes MP4-24
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=51430
kit with your paint job and without the side pods etc.?

I am struggling to work out the differences between them all.

BTW it looks great
Yes thats the Mercedes MP4-24. I used the optional side pods but I would not do that again.

Thanks
Old 12-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Howler
Looks pretty slick.
Howler,
I posted a reply to your ist on the TAMIYA onroad site, just wanted to make sure you knew it was there. PM me about the X1's
Old 12-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Howler,
I posted a reply to your ist on the TAMIYA onroad site, just wanted to make sure you knew it was there. PM me about the X1's
Thanks for the update. I went in the other day to check it out, but I didn't even see the thread. Thought they pulled it. I'll check it out, Ty.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone know what FDR or rollout should be a starting point for the F104 Pro kit with silver can motor for a 100x50 carpet track?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jay7
Anyone know what FDR or rollout should be a starting point for the F104 Pro kit with silver can motor for a 100x50 carpet track?
Somewhere around a 3.0 I run a 33/100.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dasmopar

My first F1 paint job. Holy nightmare!! Way to many parts to one body, 1 inch thick lexan, and my paints did not get along. So I figure first good hard shot the blue paint is all going to fall off. Once I saw the paint crinkle up I just slapped the stickers on just to get it good enough to run this weekend. I have another body on order for attempt number 2 at the livery. I have a new set of tires and wheels coming also so they will match the body.
Hey Lon.....nice job on your Mercedes MP4-24. Looks great!! Looking forward seeing it Sunday in Toledo. Hoping my new ride is completed by then so I can rock and roll with everyone. This new F1 class at Toledo is getting larger every week.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by all4fun
Hey Lon.....nice job on your Mercedes MP4-24. Looks great!! Looking forward seeing it Sunday in Toledo. Hoping my new ride is completed by then so I can rock and roll with everyone. This new F1 class at Toledo is getting larger every week.
This is true. Last week one guy showed up with a car and no one had any idea he was wanting one.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Digging that FGX...

One of the things he's picking up is a Tamiya F103L Indy Car in Newman Haas colors off the coffee table.

At one point you can see the silver can mabuchi motor and foam rear tires on it as he's walking towards the front door. I had that exact same car and was my second F1 (though technically the F103L had the longer wheelbase like a full size Indycar) and wish I still had it laying around somewhere. Just is funny I happen to see that tonight after reading all these F1 threads.
Man, I'd be in heaven if someone made Indy/Champ car bodies from the turbo days- Lola, Penske, Reynard, whatever. I'd love to recreate Al Jr's Valvoline car, a Rick Mears Pennzoil machine, or Paul Tracy's Player's car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.