Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2899Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar

My first F1 paint job. Holy nightmare!! Way to many parts to one body, 1 inch thick lexan, and my paints did not get along. So I figure first good hard shot the blue paint is all going to fall off. Once I saw the paint crinkle up I just slapped the stickers on just to get it good enough to run this weekend. I have another body on order for attempt number 2 at the livery. I have a new set of tires and wheels coming also so they will match the body.
Looks good man, I am definitely not a fan of the McLaren body kit, too much cutting
Old 12-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Howler
Looks pretty slick.
Looks great on a cell phone pic or 3 feet away. lol Its a good race body unlike BP Shadows show bodies.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Looks great on a cell phone pic or 3 feet away. lol Its a good race body unlike BP Shadows show bodies.
Not sure if that was a compliment, burn, or both. So I guess I will just take it like a man
Old 12-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
What kind of amp draw will a 21.5 pull? Will a 20c work or do I need a 30+c?
I run a 25C battery with no issue.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Not sure if that was a compliment, burn, or both. So I guess I will just take it like a man
I mean mine looks fine either in a grainy pic, or 3 foot away VS your bodies looking good close up or even with a really nice camera pointed at them. It was a compliment but now I'm thinking about taking it back.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Would you happen to have an pics of your F103 with the body off? I would like to see how you ran your wires.

Originally Posted by HeliYogi
No actually you can go to thinner cable and it all fits better and work just as well.
I have the same combo on my F104 and F103

Cheers
Marcos
Old 12-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

I mean mine looks fine either in a grainy pic, or 3 foot away VS your bodies looking good close up or even with a really nice camera pointed at them. It was a compliment but now I'm thinking about taking it back.
Oh, well when you put it that way
I thought maybe you were implying that they look so good that theyre slow
But thank you, trust me when I tell you that my first F1 body was nowhere near as good as yours.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think it looks great, that's one of my favorite liveries. Mine never turn out the way I want them to. I have no patience, and I hurry through like I am opening up Christmas presents. I have good intentions. Here is my FGX with terrible paint, and orange vinyl to cover some of it up. I actually messed up a solid white paint job once.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by texastc
I think it looks great, that's one of my favorite liveries. Mine never turn out the way I want them to. I have no patience, and I hurry through like I am opening up Christmas presents. I have good intentions. Here is my FGX with terrible paint, and orange vinyl to cover some of it up. I actually messed up a solid white paint job once.

Patience definitely helps when it comes to these things.
As simple as the McLaren scheme is, its hard to get right. If the mask isnt down just right the flourescent red will look ratty
Old 12-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You might be going for a certain look but, the car still looks good in my opinion and I'm totally digging the Pirelli decals on the tires.

[QUOTE=texastc;9984984]I think it looks great, that's one of my favorite liveries. Mine never turn out the way I want them to. I have no patience, and I hurry through like I am opening up Christmas presents. I have good intentions. Here is my FGX with terrible paint, and orange vinyl to cover some of it up. I actually messed up a solid white paint job once.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Yeah I didn't even use the Fluorescent red, after I found out I wasn't buying the decals this week, I just used orange that I had at home. Paint was terrible, ran a lot, and didn't stick. Never had a can of paint act like that. When I finally get the Marlboro decals, Ill repaint it right, and with my airbrush. Tires turned out nice

Originally Posted by TonyK
You might be going for a certain look but, the car still looks good in my opinion and I'm totally digging the Pirelli decals on the tires.
Thanks man
Old 12-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TonyK

I'm with you. I think it looks like a good race body
Old 12-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Hey BP, you interested in making the Carpet Nationals in March? Looks like they are trying to get an F1 class. Its at my home track!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Texas is a long ways off from Toledo, otherwise I would try and make it just to show support for the class.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

Digging that FGX...

On a related topic but completely not in the same vien as this conversation...

I'm sitting here watching "The Santa Clause" with Tim Allen. There is a scene towards the middle of the movie where Tim Allen and the actor playing his son wake up on Christmas morning after having delivered toys for the first time the night before. Charlie, the name of his son, is being picked up by his mom and getting his things together.

One of the things he's picking up is a Tamiya F103L Indy Car in Newman Haas colors off the coffee table.

At one point you can see the silver can mabuchi motor and foam rear tires on it as he's walking towards the front door. I had that exact same car and was my second F1 (though technically the F103L had the longer wheelbase like a full size Indycar) and wish I still had it laying around somewhere. Just is funny I happen to see that tonight after reading all these F1 threads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.