Search

eZRUN brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey cydog510

That happened to me.

In my case it was simply the throttle trim on the transmitter (even after re callibrating), just turned it back slightly and it's fine.

I take it you have calibrated and checked the light conditions? It should be red when you accelerate then go green at full throttle, same for reverse. I think.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks dildil, i figured it out, i had to turn off the ABS function on my futaba controller, then the reverse position was registering! so silly, but guess and test worked! when i would recalibrate the initial settings (neutral/forward/reverse) i would get the BEEP for neutral, BEEP BEEP for forward, but when i put the controller in full reverse/brake position it would not give ne the BEEP BEEP BEEP snal till i released the trigger. sorted and pleased!
Old 07-18-2009, 03:59 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

Recently bought a old HPI RS4 Pro3 4wd elec tour car.

Car handles way better than my poor driving skills can cope with, but i'm a bit disappointed with the straight line speed, plus i can't help feeling a bit of extra power would really help pull the car in better on some of the turns.

I've no intention of racing officially and the cars just for fun.

After getting great advice on the modelsport forum and being directed towards the Hobbywing Ezrun.

I would like a few other opinions on the size of Esc and motor though please.
I am thinking of the Ezrun 8.5T brushless Motor + 60A v2 ESC.

What are your thoughts please, too much motor for the car, just enough?
I'll be running it on my 6 cell 4600mAh NiMh's for now, but plan on upgrading to LiPo's later in the year.

Cheers
Mark

Last edited by gixer; 07-18-2009 at 06:37 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I'm running the EZRun 60A / 8.5t combo in my RS4 MT truck and so far it has worked flawlessly. It is very fast, but not out of control fast. The motor and speed control barely got warm at 14.68:1 FDR gearing after running 20 minutes on a 5000 mAh LiPo pack. This ratio is conservative even with large truck tires but still fast enough for some good bashing. I've changed to 12:48:1 FDR but haven't made any long runs with it to see if it will get very hot. I'm predicting that it won't based on some short runs I made where the motor again barely felt warm to touch.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by beemerfan
I'm running the EZRun 60A / 8.5t combo in my RS4 MT truck and so far it has worked flawlessly. It is very fast, but not out of control fast. The motor and speed control barely got warm at 14.68:1 FDR gearing after running 20 minutes on a 5000 mAh LiPo pack. This ratio is conservative even with large truck tires but still fast enough for some good bashing. I've changed to 12:48:1 FDR but haven't made any long runs with it to see if it will get very hot. I'm predicting that it won't based on some short runs I made where the motor again barely felt warm to touch.
Fantastic.

Your truck i'll be a bit heavier than me touring car i think?

So the 60a 8.5t should be a good combo on my pro3.
What's your LiPo's 2s?

Cheers
Mark
Old 07-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixer
Fantastic.

Your truck i'll be a bit heavier than me touring car i think?

So the 60a 8.5t should be a good combo on my pro3.
What's your LiPo's 2s?

Cheers
Mark
The truck is heavier than the typical touring car, but not by much. I'm running a 2S lipo. I like the speed control and would recommend it. I don't think you can do much better for the money, although I have read about some people having problems and I'm not sure about getting it serviced. I'm treating it as "disposable." I bought mine directly from a Hong Kong retailer and paid about 105 USD shipped. It was at my house in about 1 week.

The speed control is small and light. The only issue I had was the motor wires were too short for my setup. I had to lengthen them by about 2.5 inches each, but this did not affect the performance of the speed control.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by beemerfan
The truck is heavier than the typical touring car, but not by much. I'm running a 2S lipo. I like the speed control and would recommend it. I don't think you can do much better for the money, although I have read about some people having problems and I'm not sure about getting it serviced. I'm treating it as "disposable." I bought mine directly from a Hong Kong retailer and paid about 105 USD shipped. It was at my house in about 1 week.

The speed control is small and light. The only issue I had was the motor wires were too short for my setup. I had to lengthen them by about 2.5 inches each, but this did not affect the performance of the speed control.

You've really helped put my mind to rest, thank you.

Soon as i'm back from me Hols i'll get 1 ordered.
Think i'll bite the bullet and order 2 LiPo packs too.

Damn shame cause i've only just bought some lovely Vapextech 4600mAh NiMh's
Should have waited really.

If i use the LiPo's i'll have to set the Esc a 3v cut off as i understand it.

Other than that is there anything else that i'd have to change to run the NiMh's?
I believe i'll get longer run times out of the LiPo's, but would there be really much of a difference in speed and/or run time between 5000mAh LiPo's and 4600mAh NiMh's?

Again thanks for replying beemerfan.

Cheers
Mark
Old 07-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

so has any one had any experience with the ez-run 17.5 sensorless motor ??
Old 07-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm also interested in the 17.5 ezrun. I need it to run stock class with my baja champ.

The only place I've found that has it is on ebay, and their feedback is a bit sketchy so I'm REALLY hesitant buying from them. http://tinyurl.com/ld2vqs

I asked r2hobbies, but they don't stock it.

From the look of it, it's a proper 540 size and it comes with the 60A ESC, so I'm hoping it will have some balls.

Anyone know where else to get them?
Old 07-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dildil
I'm also interested in the 17.5 ezrun. I need it to run stock class with my baja champ.

The only place I've found that has it is on ebay, and their feedback is a bit sketchy so I'm REALLY hesitant buying from them. http://tinyurl.com/ld2vqs

I asked r2hobbies, but they don't stock it.

From the look of it, it's a proper 540 size and it comes with the 60A ESC, so I'm hoping it will have some balls.

Anyone know where else to get them?
http://yhst-14197398381157.ecommerce...y=ezrun+motors
Old 07-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I purchased the EZRun 60A combo with the 17.5t motor from that same ebay seller (giftshop.com) and was very pleased with the transaction. I received it here in the US about a week after I ordered it. I would definetely order from him again.

As for the motor itself, I have it and the EZRun ESC in a TC5 geared around 3.5 FDR. I haven't run it much, but it seems to do just fine. Geared up like it is, it can cog a bit on startup, but honestly that hasn't bothered me too much. The only other potential issues are what seems like weak braking and a lack of punch on acceleration, but those may be due to the gearing and the limits of the ESC. I haven't played around much yet to figure it out.

-Jeff
Old 07-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cydog510
thanks dildil, i figured it out, i had to turn off the ABS function on my futaba controller, then the reverse position was registering! so silly, but guess and test worked! when i would recalibrate the initial settings (neutral/forward/reverse) i would get the BEEP for neutral, BEEP BEEP for forward, but when i put the controller in full reverse/brake position it would not give ne the BEEP BEEP BEEP snal till i released the trigger. sorted and pleased!
i've got this problem too, i got a Spektum DX3 transmitter. I just did everything, with program card an without, changed settings @ transmitter, try'd another transmitter but nothing

Anybody got any suggestions?
Old 07-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Difference between version 2.0 and 1.1

I saw both version 1.1 and version 2.0 of Ezrun ESCs. What is actually difference between those two versions?
Does programming cards also have version 1.1 and version 2.0 and is there any compatibility issues with ESCs with different version?

I need quick reply...
Thanks guys
Old 07-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hope you guys can help...

Has anyone tried to run a sensored BL on the Ezrun 35 amp ESC? I need to run 17.5 this weekend and my LHS has run out of trinity Duos. They have a Diggity pulse and was wondering if it would work without the sensor harness with our speedos?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blanchjd
I purchased the EZRun 60A combo with the 17.5t motor from that same ebay seller (giftshop.com) and was very pleased with the transaction. I received it here in the US about a week after I ordered it. I would definetely order from him again.

As for the motor itself, I have it and the EZRun ESC in a TC5 geared around 3.5 FDR. I haven't run it much, but it seems to do just fine. Geared up like it is, it can cog a bit on startup, but honestly that hasn't bothered me too much. The only other potential issues are what seems like weak braking and a lack of punch on acceleration, but those may be due to the gearing and the limits of the ESC. I haven't played around much yet to figure it out.

-Jeff
hmm ... have you tried reversing the 2 wires? leave the middle and switch the 2 wires around. it's been some time since i've had my ezrun 60a with 9t motor and if i recall correctly thats what i did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.