Wiki Posts
Search

AMB Transponder Cloning

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadow102
yeah i was asking if i order a custom PTX that if i order another PTX later on can i get it with the same transponder number as the first one i ordered
Hi shadow102, as mentioned the only way to get another transponder on the same number is to send in an AMB PT and have it cloned.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

I'm just thinking ahead in case one of them accidentally pushes the button when putting the PTX in their car.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Good article!

Good article!Thanks!MapleStory cheats-MapleStory v.57 Trainer 6.5WOW Cheats,MapleStory Cheats,Lineage CheatsMapleStory Cheats,MapleStory Hacks,Maplestory Bypass
Old 07-22-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I'm just thinking ahead in case one of them accidentally pushes the button when putting the PTX in their car.
It shouldn't be a problem the button is in a recess, it's not easy to press it by mistake. As long as the instructions are followed on how to change between numbers when required there's not really any possibility of it happening by accident.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Terry need to get my PT cloned
- how much $$$ does it cost
- how long does it take
- where do I send it

??
Old 07-31-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rojna
- how long does it take
- where do I send it

??
Rojna, I don't speak for Terry's but as a customer I just received my bulk pack of PTXs along with my PT today. I sent my PT in about 2 1/2 weeks ago and it all looks good. I will try them all out with in the next 2 weeks to ensure they all work. I think they'll be fine as a feew of the locals have PTXs in use and have no problems.

Terry, as you now know my TP and its identical offsprings are all home. Thanks again, Paco.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Paco, thanks for the update great to know you received them all and they're all back home. Thanks again for your order

Originally Posted by Rojna
- how long does it take
- where do I send it

??

Hi Ronja, the prices are all on post #1 of this thread. If you just want one clone with no custom options the price is $72US. The time it takes is about 5 days with us plus the shipping time back to you. You need to send your AMB transponder to the address on the bottom of the custom clone order form at www.rclaps.com (pdf file). If you do want a customised LED (display) and/or lead you need to use the form and send it to us along with your PT. The customised option details and prices are on the form.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

I don't have an AMB transponder.

With the custom option on these transponders will mylaps.com still keep track of the custom number?

I want to see how my practice times are improving.

What are the draw backs to this transponder being your very first, and not cloning an AMB transponder?
Old 08-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi Ronja, the prices are all on post #1 of this thread. If you just want one clone with no custom options the price is $72US. The time it takes is about 5 days with us plus the shipping time back to you. You need to send your AMB transponder to the address on the bottom of the custom clone order form at www.rclaps.com (pdf file). If you do want a customised LED (display) and/or lead you need to use the form and send it to us along with your PT. The customised option details and prices are on the form.
The question I have is when does the discount for letting you keep our PT come into play? On the first cloned PTX or the second purchased? And what is the discount? ... 25% or 50%... guess I've seen both mentioned before somewhere.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

I'm not sure why anyone would want to trade in thier $100+ AMB PT for a $18 discount on a bootleg PTX! And who's to say that after they get the code they could re-sell that AMB PT on E-Bay for 3 or 4 times what they paid you for it.

Another thing that worries me is, once they have the codes they can re-produce it on as many PTX's as they want.

I'll stick with AMB, or as we say in the South "dance with the one what brung ya"!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Even if they re-sell your AMB number on a traded in transponder the likelyhood of someone in your area buying one with the same number is extremely small. If that happens there are 19 other number programmed in that you or they can switch to quite easily. If your worried about it then don't trade it in...keep your AMB and just get clones made for your other cars. These PTXs are a great idea for club transponders as the wires are changeable. In 1 year's time we've had 5 out of our 9 AMB transponders break the wires right at the transponder which is near impossible to fix (near impossible but not quite). I have figured out a fix but it's ugly and only temporary until we can get our transponders replaced.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

In 1 year's time we've had 5 out of our 9 AMB transponders break the wires right at the transponder which is near impossible to fix (near impossible but not quite). I have figured out a fix but it's ugly and only temporary until we can get our transponders replaced.
Mine aren't broke off but frayed in the same place you mention. Shorts out the electronics in my car.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Even if they re-sell your AMB number on a traded in transponder the likelyhood of someone in your area buying one with the same number is extremely small. If that happens there are 19 other number programmed in that you or they can switch to quite easily. If your worried about it then don't trade it in...keep your AMB and just get clones made for your other cars. These PTXs are a great idea for club transponders as the wires are changeable. In 1 year's time we've had 5 out of our 9 AMB transponders break the wires right at the transponder which is near impossible to fix (near impossible but not quite). I have figured out a fix but it's ugly and only temporary until we can get our transponders replaced.
I agree, the odds are small....but there is the chance. With the AMB there's no chance at all. And with the PTX that has 20 numbers how many more PTX's have those same 20 numbers. Not only that now you have a chance of the button that changes the numbers to malfunction.

Here's some ideas for fixing the wires on the PT....Mine is post#7.....>CLICK<

However you slice it, what's happening with these PTX's is far from ethical.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs
I agree, the odds are small....but there is the chance. With the AMB there's no chance at all. And with the PTX that has 20 numbers how many more PTX's have those same 20 numbers. Not only that now you have a chance of the button that changes the numbers to malfunction.

Here's some ideas for fixing the wires on the PT....Mine is post#7.....>CLICK<

However you slice it, what's happening with these PTX's is far from ethical.
Even if everyone has the same PTXs with the same 20 numbers, you only run 10 cars at a time and in rare cases 20 cars at a time. That still means everyone can still use a different number.

What is far from ethical is AMB's near monopoly on the market and the outrageous prices they charge because they can. The rules of supply and demand can apply pressure to bring prices down where they should be but there has to be competitive products for that to happen. Lets face it, the only real competition for AMB is MRT. Robitronic and Ilap have less expensive products but the technology isn't compatible with AMB and since the vast majority of tracks with a lap counting system use AMB then the impact on the market by Robitronic and ILap is minimal.

Besides...this thread is for people interested in the product and have questions. If you think it is unethical then just don't bother posting here. There's no reason for you even to read the thread.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Even if everyone has the same PTXs with the same 20 numbers, you only run 10 cars at a time and in rare cases 20 cars at a time. That still means everyone can still use a different number.

What is far from ethical is AMB's near monopoly on the market and the outrageous prices they charge because they can. The rules of supply and demand can apply pressure to bring prices down where they should be but there has to be competitive products for that to happen. Lets face it, the only real competition for AMB is MRT. Robitronic and Ilap have less expensive products but the technology isn't compatible with AMB and since the vast majority of tracks with a lap counting system use AMB then the impact on the market by Robitronic and ILap is minimal.

Besides...this thread is for people interested in the product and have questions. If you think it is unethical then just don't bother posting here. There's no reason for you even to read the thread.
Hey Gadget, I was just going to post when I read yours. Couldn't have said it better.

I've been using iPts and PTXs for quite some time now. It is a superior product at a good price with excellent service by the manufacturer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.