Wiki Posts
Search

AMB Transponder Cloning

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Terry quick question here
If I lost the list of numbers that came with the transponder is there anyway that i can get a list of the numbers?
Old 07-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by keepitmovin504
If I lost the list of numbers that came with the transponder is there anyway that i can get a list of the numbers?
If Terry doesn't have them, then you can run different numbers through the tranponder loop until you get them all. That would be a worse case scenario.

Terry, I should be going to the Post Office tomorrow. I'll let you know if it ships.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by keepitmovin504
Like Paco says worst case you just set a number and run it across the loop, or alternatively just ask me!

Paco I'll be looking out for your transponder.. once you get it shipped that is.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Terry, I have sent in my PT #5975***. You should get it sometime next week. Thanks again, Paco.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Terry PM replied. Glad to hear you found my stray!

Just received word from Terry stating he has come across my PT in England. It was well and he is now ready to send it back to its home in the US with its identical offsprings.

Thanks again Terry and MRT.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

I've got 2 of the Stealth PTXs and loving them! Just a great product. But I have a question/problem. I'm the race director for our local race and our AMB transponders are getting really beat up. We use the AMB personal transponders as house transponders so I've been thinking on sending them in and getting them cloned because on the MRT ones the servo leads are repairable but on the AMB ones they really are not. But I don't want the multiple generic numbers that normally come on them because one of my racers may accidently change the number it is set on which would really mess things up. What are my options there?
Old 07-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Terry was making the i-PT which was just a clone from the one you already had. I don't know if it is still available though. At one time they even had the racers/owners name inside the case.

Here's the link and pics:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117075

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...7&d=1149787547
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...8&d=1149787558
Old 07-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I am thinking about ordering one of these transpnders and was wondering if i buy one and want to get a clone of the same one at a later date do i have to send in my current one to be cloned or do you keep that information on file?
Old 07-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

He keeps the info on file when the first clone is made for you. If you want more more at a later day you just pay the man for the additional clones and he then ships them to you.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am thinking about ordering one of these transpnders and was wondering if i buy one and want to get a clone of the same one at a later date do i have to send in my current one to be cloned or do you keep that information on file?
If you buy a custom transponder w/o having your own AMB P/T cloned you are getting a transponder w/ 20 different numbers built into it (If I'm not mistaken) I believe all of these units have the same 20 I.D. numbers in them.

The Unique transponders have these 20 numbers plus a CLONE of your current P/T. (again, if I'm not mistaken)

So, I believe in your case based on what you asked...you'd simply just order another unit.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

yeah i was asking if i order a custom PTX that if i order another PTX later on can i get it with the same transponder number as the first one i ordered
Old 07-18-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

If you get a custom/cloned transponder you have to send yours in first. It will be returned to you unless you trade it in at time of purchasing a PTX. If you want more afterwards he will already have your info/transponder readings. You would just order more without sending yours in. You would just have to pay before he makes the second order for you.

It is also my understanding that the plain PTXs he sells all have the same set of numbers. I believe these numbers were used from the PTs he took in on trade-ins. If you trade your PT in when ordering you relinquish all rights to your number but you get you new PTX for a discounted price.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Unless Terry has changed things,... They all have 21 numbers in them. 20 numbers are the same in all of them. Its the 21st number that is either a clone of your PT, or a random number from trade-ins/ones Terry bought up.

From what I understand, you can't pick this number (just like a PT), and its doubtfull you will get another one with the same number. The ones I ordered came with different 21st numbers... but I wanted it that way.

If you want the same 21st number you will have to buy an AMB first and have it cloned.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey guys, I wanted to give everyone a head's up that not all of these PTXs have been a hit. Ive seen many of you post that you have been very happy with yours. I unfortunately have not had the same experience. Ive been working deligently with Terry to figure out the problem but Im about to the point that I will just need to discard my PTX. I sent my PT in to be cloned after have it 3.5 years. Never a missed lap with my PT. 30 days later when I got my PTX back I used it for 3 weeks and kept getting missed laps. I would write Terry each week for ideas of what might be happening. I had it on my chassis and he told me to move it elsewhere. So I moved it to on top of my servo which he said was also a bad place. Never had a problem with this mounting locations with my PT! He then said perhaps it was the loop and to go back to my PT. Went back to my PT for 2 weeks and all my laps started counting again. He has offered to have me send it back to be checked. Problem is that its $27 to send it to the UK from the US and the turnaround time is at least 3 weeks. So even if I do get it back and it is working then I will have spent $140 to replace a $100 PT. Almost $60 of that being shipping. Not entirely Terry's fault, he can't control shipping. But kind of a bummer for US customers b/c its difficult to get customer service if there is a problem.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi or8ital, hopefully we'll find the answer now we have more (vital!) information to help find the problem. It's a very unusual one and we will find the answer. You'll have it resolved at no cost if there's a fault with your transponder. Would have had the answer sooner but as you know we've been working diligently to figure out the problem and had to go through all the likely possibilities to eliminate the more common reasons for missed laps first.. have to find the answer through a process of elimination!

Hi InspGadgt, good to know you're loving your Stealth PTXs! Sorry I can't help with a "single number option", they all have multiple numbers. There shouldn't be any reason to do anything to change the numbers, plug the PTX in and go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.