Search
Like Tree5Likes

Tamiya TB-03

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks. But how's the handling?

Does the shell make the car more stable and easier to drive?

Originally Posted by Hebiki
yes. the car has very good steering.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default throttle

Good day Everyone,

I would like to ask if anyone is using the new m11x on their TB-03? I just installed the new motor and new esc on my new tb-03, but the problem is the car is going backward when i hit the throttle, I tried to use the reverse function of my m11x transmitter but the motor continues to run even at neutral during reverse function. I try to reset the esc but the problem is still the same. I hope someone could help.

Regards,

Last edited by berserk; 10-30-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Sounds like you wired the motor backwards "reversed polarity" or you need to reverse your throttle via your radio then start over with the set up on your esc.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Sounds like you wired the motor backwards "reversed polarity" or you need to reverse your throttle via your radio then start over with the set up on your esc.
im using a sensored brushless motor, and the ESC to motor wiring is correct A-A, B-B, C-C. I tried to reverse the motor wiring but the motor wont turn, I notice that the TBO3 drivetrain layout is different with the belt car in terms of motor rotation.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

change front and rear diff position
Old 10-30-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vadersing
Thanks. But how's the handling?

Does the shell make the car more stable and easier to drive?
what body are you comparing it to? it all depends.

when compared to a Tamiya ARTA NSX (2006 version) and the Ebbro 350R, this car has more steering over all throughout the entire corner.

i did a comparison a few months back using the same tires/inserts with no set up changes. for MY set up, it made the car more aggressive (more steering throughout) and the car was a tad harder to drive than my Ebbro. BUT.. with the proper set up changes, im sure i could have gotten this body to work equally well as the Ebbro. I had spent over 3 months getting my set up to where i was comfortable with it using the Ebbro.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by berserk
im using a sensored brushless motor, and the ESC to motor wiring is correct A-A, B-B, C-C. I tried to reverse the motor wiring but the motor wont turn, I notice that the TBO3 drivetrain layout is different with the belt car in terms of motor rotation.
Have you tried reversing your throttle from your radio?
Old 10-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Have you tried reversing your throttle from your radio?

yes i tried that already, if i reverse the throttle on my m11x, the motor will start running backwards without even pressing the trigger (neutral), when i press the throttle it will stop, and if i press the brake the motor will run faster. This is my first shaft car so im really confused
Old 10-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Swap" Just connect one to a different color" one of the wires on your motor. I bet one is the wrong color. If that does not work go back to set up mode on your esc to where it finds your neutral, forward and brake position, but this time reverse your throttle. It has to be one of those two things. Don't get discouraged you will find the solution. The shaft drive has nothing to do with your electronics.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Good day Everyone,

I would like to ask if anyone is using the new m11x on their TB-03? I just installed the new motor and new esc on my new tb-03, but the problem is the car is going backward when i hit the throttle, I tried to use the reverse function of my m11x transmitter but the motor continues to run even at neutral during reverse function. I try to reset the esc but the problem is still the same. I hope someone could help.

Regards,
yes i tried that already, if i reverse the throttle on my m11x, the motor will start running backwards without even pressing the trigger (neutral), when i press the throttle it will stop, and if i press the brake the motor will run faster. This is my first shaft car so im really confused
Sounds to me like one of two things -- your trims are all off or you're making an error during calibration. Both could cause the symptoms you describe.

Reset all of the trims and EPAs to zero (reset the entire model if you can do that with an M11). Then recalibrate the ESC to the radio. The reason the motor turns in neutral is because the ESC doesn't know where neutral is.

After you zero and recal everything, the motor should at least not turn when your trigger is neutral. Then if it goes backward when you pull the trigger (or applies brakes as the case may be) simply reverse the throttle channel with your radio.

Also, first double check A-A, B-B, and C-C with the motor wiring, as well as the correct polarity of the battery wires.

If none of this works, make sure you're following the calibration instructions exactly. If you're on the throttle when it's looking for the reverse signal or vice-versa you would get the problem you're describing.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:39 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

just to inform all of you that all ordered hop up finally arrived
All going weel i'll spend all next thursday night to assemble it, and then next
saturday or sunday on track , wife permitting
ciao
Max
Old 11-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys!

I race the kit for the first time! and it was awesome. the car is very responsive even with all the stock components (no hopups). the only change i made was the TRF shocks and the front spool.

anyone knows the part number of the ff?

1. carbon steering knuckle
2. carbon C-hub

thanks
Old 11-06-2009, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

Ciao Bersek,

if i'm right the code nr. for carbon c-hub is 54031.

ciao
Max
Old 11-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mtaddei
Ciao Bersek,

if i'm right the code nr. for carbon c-hub is 54031.

ciao
Max

thanks max, have you tried your car already? what hopups did you install in your tb03?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:35 AM
Tech Adept

Ciao Bersek,

i spent all night to rebuild the car with all hop up , now i must recheck all, specially the front spool, as maeby i must add 1 or 2 shim in order to reduce the transverse clearance more. Then i must install the electronics, and then wait next week to test it, as here in italy (tuscany) for this week end we have very heavy rain weather forecast

for what is concerning the hop up list, i followed the article pubblished by tamiya usa in their web site tech tips, and the help received from Timmie in previous posts.

Ciao
Max

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.