Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 03:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

speedtechrc.com is carrying some of the 414 and ta04 parts.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Oh geez I am jealous (of the niceness factor.)

Last edited by Aurra Sing; 06-28-2002 at 12:08 AM.
Old 06-28-2002, 02:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

That is very very nice!!
But still like my original 414M!!
Old 06-28-2002, 05:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rccarracer

As far as I understand it the dampers will still be blue, not gunmetal like on actual winning worlds car.
rccarracer: According to the latest info, Tamiya will anodize the dampers in gun metal just like the winning car.
Old 06-28-2002, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anyone know if we can pre-order one of the World's Edition chassis?
Old 06-28-2002, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Alvin: Yes, correct ! it's down to driving style .. Having said that, I have to say that many experienced racers here like this kind of setup. The World Replica kit will include this extra spacers and a new rear FRONT suspension block (installed over the front belt, instead of under).
I really hope you can make it to the Indo Reedy Intl Race in August, I am sure you will get lots of tips from the World Champion. FYI, Some experienced Australian drivers have confirmed to participate.

Sorry, I am not able to post (on my website) any pictures of the latest World Champion modifications. Well, it goes with title isn't it! But I might be able to tell you more thru emails.

Cheers!
Old 06-28-2002, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

slowhand please could you e mail me???
[email protected]
Old 06-28-2002, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was hoping that RCCA would have the worlds champion car in the latest issue, but I guess I will have to wait. Anywho... anyone have a copy of the set up that was used?
Old 06-28-2002, 06:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by slowhand
Alvin: Yes, correct ! it's down to driving style .. Having said that, I have to say that many experienced racers here like this kind of setup. The World Replica kit will include this extra spacers and a new rear FRONT suspension block (installed over the front belt, instead of under).
I really hope you can make it to the Indo Reedy Intl Race in August, I am sure you will get lots of tips from the World Champion. FYI, Some experienced Australian drivers have confirmed to participate.

Sorry, I am not able to post (on my website) any pictures of the latest World Champion modifications. Well, it goes with title isn't it! But I might be able to tell you more thru emails.

Cheers!
Hi Slowhand,

E-mail me personal message with the picture of the actual World Champ's car if you can.

You know my personal e-mail, right?

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Hi slowhand, I'll definitely try to be there. I experimented with the spacers last night, and raised the front and rear roll centres, results weren't conclusive as yours truly forgot to set the camber after the roll centre was raised
But the car after the roll centre was raised, had more initial turn in, and understeer out of the apex. My home track is very small, the Surikarn setting should suit the larger track like your JITC right?

Front suspension block over the belt eh? We'll let's see what we can do :-)

Regards,
Alvin
Old 06-28-2002, 10:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

injek : thanks dude!!! found out that i can oder from rainbowten in japan coz their shop is just beside the tamiya japan factory. and they can ship it here in 5 days.
Old 06-30-2002, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

no problem.
wat the url of this rainbowten and also wat payment methods do they accept?...
Old 06-30-2002, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ijnek : rainbowten.co.jp i think they accept Visa, Master & AMEX cards.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

i just broke a brand new set of lightweight delrin outdrives as i was tightening the diff screw the part near the thrust bearing snapped out. how do you determine if the screw is tight enough? i ended up using the stock steel (?) outdrives and they were a lot heavier. i dont want to ruin another set of lightweight outdrives. thanks for any info
Old 07-01-2002, 08:36 PM

Originally posted by Alvin
Hi slowhand, I'll definitely try to be there. I experimented with the spacers last night, and raised the front and rear roll centres, results weren't conclusive as yours truly forgot to set the camber after the roll centre was raised
But the car after the roll centre was raised, had more initial turn in, and understeer out of the apex. My home track is very small, the Surikarn setting should suit the larger track like your JITC right?

Front suspension block over the belt eh? We'll let's see what we can do :-)

Regards,
Alvin
I think the World's track is rather small at 40x20m. JITC is much bigger than that and also the islands for corner are rather big. Track surface is consider bumpy and medium grib unless they spray sugar water 1 day before the race.

I don't think raising the roll center like the world's setting can make the car perform as you expected in JITC. Most people were running 8D but I expect 7D to be the favorit by then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.