Wiki Posts
Search

New Jaco Rubber Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alang
Which of the Jaco's were you using (blue, green, etc) in this type of heat? TIA.
blues
Old 07-07-2008, 06:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I have to say I ran the rug a couple weeks ago and had severe traction roll issues and Timmy Cap let me use a set of Blues to use and they were hooked up.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by or8ital
It may have been. The sprayer has been acting funky. Perhaps it didnt mix well this week. The VHT is usually very tacky and it never got that way this week. Perhaps b/c it wasnt sunny so it didnt evaporate.

Just gotta try it again next week.

Spray

the only "spray' we see here is when the lifeguards spray themselves with Sunscreen
Old 07-07-2008, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedybill
Spray

the only "spray' we see here is when the lifeguards spray themselves with Sunscreen
Yeah if we had a new surface then we might be OK. But on a 4 year old parking lot with lots of traffic near by kicks up a lot of dirt. You gotta spray something to hold it down.

Lifeguards? How crazy does your racing get speedy??
Old 07-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
I have to say I ran the rug a couple weeks ago and had severe traction roll issues and Timmy Cap let me use a set of Blues to use and they were hooked up.
Nice. Glad to see the blues are working well on carpet. There have been several reports and all positive.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Yeah if we had a new surface then we might be OK. But on a 4 year old parking lot with lots of traffic near by kicks up a lot of dirt. You gotta spray something to hold it down.

Lifeguards? How crazy does your racing get speedy??

HMM! pretty crazy, when u try to watch ur car & somehwere else at the same time, headaches are the norm
Old 07-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

A few of us were trying the blues on a track that was 110 (sealed asphalt, ambient temp ~75, treated with VHT) and they werent working well for us. We could have used a softer compound I think. The cars kept wanting to break loose on us. We all went back to tires that we had used previously. They were slightly better but still a little loose (just not as much). So I think it was partially the track too. Going to try again next Saturday when it should be warmer and hopefully the track will go back to its typical self. Tires did wear well and hold up great. As well as look great!

One thing I noticed with the new Jaco blues is they provide a lot more steering than other tires. When we tested them in Arkansas (VHT) we had to make some setup changes to our cars using the jaco's as they just steered more than RP's, Much More's or any other tire we used.

Just a thought.

EA
Old 07-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
One thing I noticed with the new Jaco blues is they provide a lot more steering than other tires. When we tested them in Arkansas (VHT) we had to make some setup changes to our cars using the jaco's as they just steered more than RP's, Much More's or any other tire we used.

Just a thought.

EA
Yeah we kept using less and less traction compound on the front. I think you are spot on with the setup change. We are all getting to the track way early next week to see what we need to do.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

There definately are some chassis adjustments that should be explored when you switch tires. Our rubber tires are a very low profile compared to many brands. This alone may change the setup dramatically.
Again, our goal was to come out with a solid, durable tire at a competitive price. We didn't intend to have the absolute fastest tire at the track. We wanted a great spec tire that works on most surfaces. I think we are getting closer to accomplishing that goal. In the process, some of the people who have run the tires occasionally claim that they are as fast or faster than competing brands once they get used to the setup changes. If that is the case, then it's an added bonus.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Jaco Rubberz1

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
There definately are some chassis adjustments that should be explored when you switch tires. Our rubber tires are a very low profile compared to many brands. This alone may change the setup dramatically.
Again, our goal was to come out with a solid, durable tire at a competitive price. We didn't intend to have the absolute fastest tire at the track. We wanted a great spec tire that works on most surfaces. I think we are getting closer to accomplishing that goal. In the process, some of the people who have run the tires occasionally claim that they are as fast or faster than competing brands once they get used to the setup changes. If that is the case, then it's an added bonus.
I been looking for Rubberz from Jaco.
Where can I get tires? What do you recommend for carpet and asphalt?
Old 07-08-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Ours are shipping to us today.. I have them listed on our site and will start shipping friday.....
Old 07-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

when will these tires be readily available?
Old 07-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wikedgmc
Several shops have been getting them in already...look for more this week.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Questions??

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Hey Jack are you 'hard-set' on NOT producing the Oranges?
Old 07-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Unhappy

Originally Posted by wikedgmc
my question many pages ago

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Several shops have been getting them in already...look for more this week.
what shops??
Neither Horizon or Tower show them in stock

good thing I loaded up on 'other brands'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.