Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 06:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Than is your motor the problem.
With those settings you don't burn a motor and it run for a half lap so the speedo works.
Use an other 10,5T and see what it does.
Well I had a 7.5 and a new 10.5 Ballistic motors hooked to it and that Orion was a new10.5 not mine that smoked changing everything on the car trying to get that esc to work right.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JPMSRacing
Well I had a 7.5 and a new 10.5 Ballistic motors hooked to it and that Orion was a new10.5 not mine that smoked changing everything on the car trying to get that esc to work right.
It's strange. Did you contact Tekin already?
Try an other motor of a club member. Not a new one but a motor from an other Tekin driver and try that motor.
With the Orion motor it worked for a 1/2 lap so the speedo is I think ok but that motor wasn't.

I have a Speedpassion V3 13,5T and I smoked it in a meter. I drove away and it just broke. The magnet broke. An other driver drove with a Speedpassion and after 3 lipo's his motor went down.
I think that there was a problem with the motors because others with the same setup and motor have no problem.
Both motors were new.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's strange. Did you contact Tekin already?
Try an other motor of a club member. Not a new one but a motor from an other Tekin driver and try that motor.
With the Orion motor it worked for a 1/2 lap so the speedo is I think ok but that motor wasn't.

I have a Speedpassion V3 13,5T and I smoked it in a meter. I drove away and it just broke. The magnet broke. An other driver drove with a Speedpassion and after 3 lipo's his motor went down.
I think that there was a problem with the motors because others with the same setup and motor have no problem.
Both motors were new.
How do you know your motor burned up?
3 people at my local track (1 being me) had motor issues with a Tekin on v203. Turned out to be a serveo issue. Putting in a Futaba servo fixed the problems. We each had different brands of servos each not being a futaba at first. Im not sure why this is, I am just relaying problems I've seen with the solution.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC Racer OG
3 people at my local track (1 being me) had motor issues with a Tekin on v203. Turned out to be a serveo issue. Putting in a Futaba servo fixed the problems. We each had different brands of servos each not being a futaba at first. Im not sure why this is, I am just relaying problems I've seen with the solution.
Servo problem?
How is that posible? Does it pull to much from the receiver?
Old 02-14-2010, 06:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)

Originally Posted by RC Racer OG
The smoke and the smell that would knock a horse over and the ruff rotation of the rotor.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Suspended

Servo problem?
How is that posible? Does it pull to much from the receiver?
That's what Im guessing. I was scratching my head when a fellow racer suggested it when I was having problems. When I hit the throttle with the car in the air, it works fine. Put the car on the ground and hit the throttle and I get a grinding noise. Change the servo and the car runs great.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mechanic-man
im a newbie and Got a small problem raced today and motor got hot 180 the motor is a 13.5 tekin now my tekin esc is telling me i have the wrong motor type i tryed to reset it but same thing is the motor cooked or do i have a problem with the esc thanxs
Remove the front endbell, inspect the solder plate. If you had too much timing too soon and or overgeared you might have melted this out. Good thing is that you can clean it all out, reflow the joints and the motor will be just fine.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Suspended

The smoke and the smell that would knock a horse over and the ruff rotation of the rotor.
Can never be too sure. A few guys at my track do the same thing
Old 02-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

JPMSracing-After reading this problem from the begining I'm at a loss of what the problem could be. As for the smoked motor what was the timing of the motor set at. With what you can do setting wise with the speedo it's important to know "ALL" your setting even when borrowing another motor. This may just be a bad unit. Randy is the guy that can shed a little more light as he knows the speedo inside and out. You didn't make a bad choice in speedo's. Everyone here is trying to help the best they can. You had a rough time the first time out but once we get to the bottom of your problem, your 2nd time will be great. Have you contacted Tekin yet? Give us a chance to make you happy again. It might be something simple if the unit isn't defective and if that's the case we all will feel stupid that we over looked it
Old 02-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just pulled those setting here off the esc, its a brand new esc and all it does is clog. read the last 3 pages, I have been fighting this ever since I got that Tekin.
It's the motor! The new Orion motors have a lot of timing already built in. On top of that it appears their sensors are causing some issues. Try another motor(not orion).
Old 02-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I sent my speedo in for repair for the same reasons others have posted. I think the sensor board when out on mine. I run for Orion and had used been using the new software for about two weeks before issues started. I thought it was just some bad luck.

I might have a bad sensor in the motor too; is it possible for a bad motor sensor to take out the speedo? I borrowed another RS speedo and now cant run over 30 deg of timing with the motor timing full clock wise. Temps were just too high.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
It's the motor! The new Orion motors have a lot of timing already built in. On top of that it appears their sensors are causing some issues. Try another motor(not orion).
Randy I think Dustin Thompson said to get ahold of you because he really felt it was a bad new esc. I had 7.5 Ballistic and a new 10.5 Ballistic before the orion, all of them clogged so bad. No one there had a Tekin motor not being used. By the time I smoked someones else's motor, and had a broken chassis from this problem, plus the 1am-2am hr drive home, I didnt stick around and try to put a Tekin motor in.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

I have an RS coming this week and I am starting to get worried reading about all the issues people are having. Are most of these issues human error or are there issues with the software?
Old 02-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by motomanpat
I have an RS coming this week and I am starting to get worried reading about all the issues people are having. Are most of these issues human error or are there issues with the software?
Dont worry. This thing shouldnt be legal in spec classes, but because it is, you'll be fast....
Dont forget to get a Hotwire so you can update the software.....

Last edited by RC Racer OG; 02-14-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by STLNLST
JPMSracing-After reading this problem from the begining I'm at a loss of what the problem could be. As for the smoked motor what was the timing of the motor set at. With what you can do setting wise with the speedo it's important to know "ALL" your setting even when borrowing another motor. This may just be a bad unit. Randy is the guy that can shed a little more light as he knows the speedo inside and out. You didn't make a bad choice in speedo's. Everyone here is trying to help the best they can. You had a rough time the first time out but once we get to the bottom of your problem, your 2nd time will be great. Have you contacted Tekin yet? Give us a chance to make you happy again. It might be something simple if the unit isn't defective and if that's the case we all will feel stupid that we over looked it
I am going to try and talk to Tekin this week, right now I am trying to figure out what to do to get this new B44 up and going to race after I replace the chassis, from this mess. I really didnt want to buy another Novak, but I am scared of Tekin right now. It has been so frustrating and extremely costly having to buy someone a new motor and a chassis for a new car I havent even raced yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.