Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Sensor wire is good. Short of losing the turbo, the car seems to run normal. If I try and run my car in sensored only motor, without the sensor wire, car doens't even move... it just ticks and rocks back and fourth... ask me how i know
The is one way to check
Mine works fine as soon I throttle around the track the connection came loose and then i pick up the car off the track work fine again
I replaced the sensor wire the problen went way..
Old 08-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Top Gun Challenge

Great weekend as tekin won both mod and 1s WGT. Althought I was sitting in the top 10 until i had to run were I was watted up dropping me out of the top 10 in 13.5.

In mod it was Kevin Jelich taking first and Jason Moberly taking 3rd other wise great results.

In 1s WGT, I TQ'ed and walked away in both A1 and A2 to take the title. Also Jim Walls finishing second.

In 13.5 Clint Riley and I had some rough luck in the Top gun format. I ended up I think any where from 11 -15 and Clint I am not sure . I was sitting sixth after 4 round what was like Reedy cup style ,but then after that nothing but bad luck.

Derek Stephansen
Old 08-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

No matter what I did.... turbo would only last for between 4 and 6 laps. I was actually a bit dissapointed. Certainly something else is wrong?[/QUOTE]

yes you forgot to read your signature after your posts hahaha
Old 08-17-2009, 12:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default 5-cell mod setup/gearing

can anyone suggest a setup for 5-cell mod TC on a large track (60x30m, 60m straight away) with a redline 3.5T? I'm 0.5 sec off my laptimes compared to my speedpassion 3.5T, i geared both at 8.3 in dual mode with timing advance set to 95. can timing was set to 4 degree on the redline and between b and c on the speedpassion motor. ESC gets hotter with the speedpassion motor, motor temps are between 70 and 80°C with very hot weather (33-35°C airtemp)
Old 08-17-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Pink
Great weekend as tekin won both mod and 1s WGT. Althought I was sitting in the top 10 until i had to run were I was watted up dropping me out of the top 10 in 13.5.

In mod it was Kevin Jelich taking first and Jason Moberly taking 3rd other wise great results.

In 1s WGT, I TQ'ed and walked away in both A1 and A2 to take the title. Also Jim Walls finishing second.

In 13.5 Clint Riley and I had some rough luck in the Top gun format. I ended up I think any where from 11 -15 and Clint I am not sure . I was sitting sixth after 4 round what was like Reedy cup style ,but then after that nothing but bad luck.

Derek Stephansen
Ended up 16th and have a huge repair list that must be done inorder to run the regionals. I will never mention this past weeked ever again. It's already forgotten about in my mind. Thanks for the help this weekend. We tested a bunch of settings and as soon as I have a little more time I'll be sending Randy my report.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
The V200 is much smoother than V199 and the V200 Turbo delay little later the 199....just my opinion
I agree. v200 is very very smooth. I think that was the first thing I noticed. I wasn't used to my throttle response being like that. It took me a few laps to get used to...it was a good problem to have.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would appreciate any tuning advice available.

Currently have 3 17.5's Novak, Tekin, and a Duo2 (never installed).

This weekend was running the Tekin around a 4.8 FDR
Physical Timing 0
Throttle Profile 3
Neut Width 10
Drag Brake 0
Brake Str 100
Push 0
Boost 15
Turbo Max @ 0.5 delay

Straight of the parking lot asphalt med grip track is anywhere from 80 - 120 feet with the rest of the track semi technical.

What would people suggest as far as which motor to use and Hotwire settings.

Compared to the others running the class this weekend, it felt as if the Tekin was soft acceleration wise.

Battery is SMC 5200 40C.

End of run temp ~ 150

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

I have to agree on the Turbo. I have it down to 0.5 right now and it feels like it is taking longer to kick in. On version 199, it was definitely kicking in much earlier, the lower the number went.

I am going to try out the Xpress/Trinity DUO motor on my car and see what happens. My Tekin Redline 17.5 is TOAST! Best motor I ever had and now it is gone.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

So got to try v200 yesterday and the turbo feature is bad ass,problem is it only lasts like 2 laps on a big track and goes away.I've noticed I'm not the only one having this issue does anybody know the fix for this?
Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kenny myers
So got to try v200 yesterday and the turbo feature is bad ass,problem is it only lasts like 2 laps on a big track and goes away.I've noticed I'm not the only one having this issue does anybody know the fix for this?
Do you have the V199?
This was in that version.
to solve this problem, set your epa TH to 90. Than calibrate the speedo with the radio. after that set your epa to 100.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikky32
Do you have the V199?
This was in that version.
to solve this problem, set your epa TH to 90. Than calibrate the speedo with the radio. after that set your epa to 100.
Might wanna be careful with this recommendation. I tried this with my radio, but I turned it down to 70, so I could get the turbo more often and consistently. But one thing I noticed is now my motor is running REALLY hot. I hit 178 yesterday, on my Speed Passion 13.5 motor.

I have no reset it back to 100. Something is pretty quirky with version 200's turbo.

Maybe because my boost is maxed out and the turbo is not kicking in?
Old 08-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by omoser
can anyone suggest a setup for 5-cell mod TC on a large track (60x30m, 60m straight away) with a redline 3.5T? I'm 0.5 sec off my laptimes compared to my speedpassion 3.5T, i geared both at 8.3 in dual mode with timing advance set to 95. can timing was set to 4 degree on the redline and between b and c on the speedpassion motor. ESC gets hotter with the speedpassion motor, motor temps are between 70 and 80°C with very hot weather (33-35°C airtemp)
Probably 4 degrees on the redline is not enough. Other than that, both motors will certainly have different characteristics so will require different gearings. Do you know where you're losing time ?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kenny myers
Kenny, I am having (along with a couple others at my track) the exact same issue. I get a few laps with awesome turbo action... then no turbo at all.

There is one more thing I want to mention, and I could be wrong... but i THINK that the taller I geared my car, the more laps I would get out of the turbo before it stopped working. Geared it at 4.2, and I got 8 laps lets say. Geared down to 4.8, and i think I got 4 laps out of it. Could of been coincidence, but I thought I would throw it out there.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
I have to agree on the Turbo. I have it down to 0.5 right now and it feels like it is taking longer to kick in. On version 199, it was definitely kicking in much earlier, the lower the number went.

I am going to try out the Xpress/Trinity DUO motor on my car and see what happens. My Tekin Redline 17.5 is TOAST! Best motor I ever had and now it is gone.
How did you toast a Redline motor? I've never seen one that couldn't be soldered back together. A local got his over 300 degrees and just had to resolder it and everything was fine.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Kenny, I am having (along with a couple others at my track) the exact same issue. I get a few laps with awesome turbo action... then no turbo at all.

There is one more thing I want to mention, and I could be wrong... but i THINK that the taller I geared my car, the more laps I would get out of the turbo before it stopped working. Geared it at 4.2, and I got 8 laps lets say. Geared down to 4.8, and i think I got 4 laps out of it. Could of been coincidence, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Hey Brandon
I know your first a few laps turbo kick in awesome action. Just thinking maybe the motor run faster when the motor is cold compare the racing temp?
The turbo may have smoother out as the motor got warmer...
You may have to ask Richie about my car...he only one can tell how fast my car catching Mark Brown in the straight away sweeper..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.