Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN

We want the 32bit version to be solid before we get into the 64bit version so we don't have to go thru twice the updates. Get the bugs out first, then we'll move forward, but it won't be in two weeks.

We're working on it guys, these things take time!
I heard there were supposed to be updates to the current software. How are you guys doing with that?
Old 10-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

The thing I noticed most when I switched from hybrid to sensored only on my 13.5 in my 1/12th is I finally have brakes! Not that I use them much but it is nice to have...helps hold my car on the start line since we are on an incline.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Fred is very right.

If you crank your motor timing and don't regear you're not going to get the right speed anywhere on the track. You WILL get more heat and less performance.

Your timing could have gone up as much as 10 degrees with no gear change. Imagine doing that with a competition brushed stock motor...you would have wasted it.

Definately re gear and check temps/speed.
Originally Posted by Fred_B
It's important to remember that when you crank up the timing on most motors they have more (sensored only) timing than what the hybrid mode has at full timing. I always end up gearing down a little with the speedo set to sensored only.
Thanks guys, I do understand the need to re-gear, but as I mentioned I didn't have access to a smaller pinion than the 53 in the car to try... PRS pinions in the bigger sizes seem to be in real short supply lately.

When I can grab a 51 and 52 pinion, I'll definitely try the sensor only mode again... for now hybrid mode is working sweet tho...
Old 10-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I installed my second RS Pro in my 1/12 scale car this evening and ran into an issue that does not make sense.

I'm using a futaba and have the servo set on reverse, just like my other one. Anyway, it finds the radio, gets center, full throttle and full barke, then comes to the single lite in the center. You can pull full throttle once and it works. Then the next time, it just kind of sputters and then stops. If you re-set it the same thing happens again.

Anyone else have this issue? How did you fit it?

Thanks in Advance
When it acts up are you getting any lights blinking?
Try setting your neutral setting on the RS to a higher value.
Sometimes a radio has the tendency for the neutral position to wonder a bit.
If you neutral width/ dead band is not set wide enough it can cause issues with the speed control.

Dayton
Old 10-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i know this is about the speedo but how do u adjust the timing on redline motors
Old 10-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

loose the 3 screws on the endbell and turn it counter clockwise to increase timing.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

On the endbell you will find 3 screws, loosen those and twist the plastic end cap to the desired adjustment then re-tighten.

Dayton
Old 10-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I installed my second RS Pro in my 1/12 scale car this evening and ran into an issue that does not make sense.

I'm using a futaba and have the servo set on reverse, just like my other one. Anyway, it finds the radio, gets center, full throttle and full barke, then comes to the single lite in the center. You can pull full throttle once and it works. Then the next time, it just kind of sputters and then stops. If you re-set it the same thing happens again.

Anyone else have this issue? How did you fit it?

Thanks in Advance
Found it .... ESC was set to lipo and with a 4 cell pack not fully charged voltage fell below 6.0 volts.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

anyone using a Futaba FAST system having any issues with drag breaks not kicking in?

also, with a 13.5 in a tc, would you expect the drag break to stop the car within 15 to 20 feet (from roughly 25mph)?

I absolutely dig the RS and could not be happier with the company and product, I'm just going through some drag break/Futaba issues.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

If your running in hybrid mode that could be why...even in my pan car in hybrid mode it felt like I had no brakes even with the drag brake maxed out. In sensored only mode the brakes have been great.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had problems with the drag brakes not working if I have the deadband too small and the trim a little foreward.

Normally I end up turning the brakes all the way up (on the speedo) with high wind motors like the 17.5 and 13.5's because they don't have a lot of brake force to begin with. Turning up the max brakes on the speedo will help regardless of what mode it's in and you can just turn them back down on the radio if you have too much.

The brakes in hybrid mode can feel a little mushy but I like the throttle feel better.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Bear
anyone using a Futaba FAST system having any issues with drag breaks not kicking in?

also, with a 13.5 in a tc, would you expect the drag break to stop the car within 15 to 20 feet (from roughly 25mph)?

I absolutely dig the RS and could not be happier with the company and product, I'm just going through some drag break/Futaba issues.
I've had the same issue as well. See the post from Fred B, and this is what I have done in my 235 and 200mm pan car. Still working on the 1/12 scale car, as it started out with the same issue, but in this class, brakes just make you slow!
Old 10-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
If your running in hybrid mode that could be why...even in my pan car in hybrid mode it felt like I had no brakes even with the drag brake maxed out. In sensored only mode the brakes have been great.
How do you find Hybrid Mode useing the Hotwire?

Originally Posted by Fred_B
I've had problems with the drag brakes not working if I have the deadband too small and the trim a little foreward.

Normally I end up turning the brakes all the way up (on the speedo) with high wind motors like the 17.5 and 13.5's because they don't have a lot of brake force to begin with. Turning up the max brakes on the speedo will help regardless of what mode it's in and you can just turn them back down on the radio if you have too much.

The brakes in hybrid mode can feel a little mushy but I like the throttle feel better.
I'm useing a Redline Sensorless 275 Mod Motor, Drag Brakes work really well at LED4 & Hotwire4 on. I resently installed Redline 2.5 sensored motor, and have to set Drag Brakes at 100% with hotwire or all LED's lite up., for it to react like the sensorless motor. Anybody with opinion on this?? Car runs ok, still runs like a BOH(Bat Outta Hell)
Old 10-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Geezatec
How do you find Hybrid Mode useing the Hotwire?
By default the RS is in hybrid mode. In Hotwire you can set it to sensored mode on the right hand side of Hotwire where it says something about sensored mode. I think a page or few back someone posted a better description with a picture.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

After running my Tekin RS and RSpro for a couple months and tweaking the heck out of 'em I thought about a couple features tekin could incorporate to future updates:

Programmable motor cutoff temp. Being able to control cutoff temp would have saved me a couple rotors. Give the user the option to set motor temp cutoff or eliminate it for those who are currently cutting the temp wire on the motor.

Programmable 'ideal motor temp'. Trying to gear 17.5 and 13.5 motors would be a snap if the esc told you how close you were to a target temp or to simply monitor motor temp in mod. When at neutral and the esc is flashing the esc temp have a second flash after the esc temp to show the motor temp in relation to the ideal or max temp set in hotwire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.