Old 01-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

stay under 180
Old 01-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kamen
thanks again..

ill try gearing from 7 to 8.. erm motor temp?
what temp will be the safe temp 4 the motor?

sorry im a newby in touring.. so this silly question always up!!!.. hhaha
Motor temp keep it below the 180F (80C)

start with the throttle profile on 3. this is a good way to feel if the car accelerates better after a earing or setup change.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Try start of 10,000, end of 27,000

Rollout is dependant on your track.
Randy please look my track.
.youtube.com/user/EvgenyPe4atnik#p/u/9/kUi9D8dGM0g

8 minut
1 s Li-po 5000 40 C (start of 10,000, end of 27,000)???????
4.5 Fantom

Rollout?
Old 01-31-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kamen
1/10 tc.. rubber asphalt..
team power 11.5 motors.. with 100-130 feet long
i am having problem with this motor. the tekin esc can't read the team power sensor, i dun know why. When the motor plug to other esc (non-tekin) its working fine. I had tried few unit of team power motor, none of it can use. Please check whether your sensor LED blink or not, else those boost or turbo will not apply to your motor.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mjc168
i am having problem with this motor. the tekin esc can't read the team power sensor, i dun know why. When the motor plug to other esc (non-tekin) its working fine. I had tried few unit of team power motor, none of it can use. Please check whether your sensor LED blink or not, else those boost or turbo will not apply to your motor.
Did you clean the sensor?
do you have the same problem with other motors?
If not it's the motor, if so it's possible that your sensor wire is broke.

Clean the sensor good because this can cause the problem.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Did you clean the sensor?
do you have the same problem with other motors?
If not it's the motor, if so it's possible that your sensor wire is broke.

Clean the sensor good because this can cause the problem.
i had do everything i can. clean sensor socket with contact cleaner, change multiple sensor wire, but unlucky none of it work. When I change to other brand motor, the problem gone. example speedpassion v2 and v3, orca. I had tried this team power motor with my club mate tekin esc too, not working as well. Thats why I asked kamen to have a look, whether is this happen to him as well.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK I know this is going to sound bad, but what acutally changes when the current limiter is used and how much does it heat up the speed control, I have a B44 with a 7.5 and I need to detune that monster on the new layout on an indoor track.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mjc168
i had do everything i can. clean sensor socket with contact cleaner, change multiple sensor wire, but unlucky none of it work. When I change to other brand motor, the problem gone. example speedpassion v2 and v3, orca. I had tried this team power motor with my club mate tekin esc too, not working as well. Thats why I asked kamen to have a look, whether is this happen to him as well.
A club member has it with a Dr speed motor from Graupner.
The Dr Speed motor from an other club member has no problems with the Tekin.
It could be the rotor. You won't see if it's ok or not but that can give the problem.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

hay guys lookin to get a tekin but kinda wondering what tuning setup u guys running on 17.5 tc
how big of a difference is their between duo2/novak /ss

o and my main Q: with the turbo i hear 2 different stories:
which is true
does turbo kick in after the trigger is pulled 100% and preset time has expired no matter what the rpm is ?

or does it kick in wonce motor as spooled up to a designated point and throttle is 100% and after delay?
i feel this is a major concern with higher static or dinamic timing adjustments.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
hay guys lookin to get a tekin but kinda wondering what tuning setup u guys running on 17.5 tc
how big of a difference is their between duo2/novak /ss

o and my main Q: with the turbo i hear 2 different stories:
which is true
does turbo kick in after the trigger is pulled 100% and preset time has expired no matter what the rpm is ?

or does it kick in wonce motor as spooled up to a designated point and throttle is 100% and after delay?
i feel this is a major concern with higher static or dinamic timing adjustments.
I like the Duo2. The turbo will come in after full throttle and preset delay. It doesn't care what your timing is at or what RPM the motor is at.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

so i if im at a stand still and nail the throttle from 0 (i have the delay set to lets say .0) the turbo kicks in instantly along with the other timing features it offers thus stackin the timing up even more than the ideal numbers in setups.
so i guess if u race like i do and come off the corners and nail it then let out
as i need to for the next corner. guess you wouldnt be able to use as much timingas a person with a smoother finger? i have tried breaking this habbit but its how i learned how to run brused oval
has anyone notices a difference between nailing it v/s smooth progressive throttle?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

If your turbo was set to 0 delay and you nailed it from the start, you would begin your turbo timing before the boost timing was allowed to come in. The turbo is not meant to give you more punch in the corners, it is meant to give more top speed after the normal boost has had a chance to work. It should only be used on longer straights. If you do have a 0 delay and add too much timing down low, you will bog down the motor. It will lack punch and create alot of heat. Tune the car without the turbo and then add it in afterward to get the straightline speed that you want.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stiltskin
If your turbo was set to 0 delay and you nailed it from the start, you would begin your turbo timing before the boost timing was allowed to come in. The turbo is not meant to give you more punch in the corners, it is meant to give more top speed after the normal boost has had a chance to work. It should only be used on longer straights. If you do have a 0 delay and add too much timing down low, you will bog down the motor. It will lack punch and create alot of heat. Tune the car without the turbo and then add it in afterward to get the straightline speed that you want.
i hear ya but im just wondering if a person needs to drive with more throttle control with a tekin using turbo?
even using a .3 delay and u wreck right before the strait lets say and i nail it and lets say it dont spool up very high before the turbo kicks in what will happen?
how do most drive with shing turbo. you know everyone at sometime or another grabs a fist full if trigger.
would it be a safe thing to (i have a M-11) to slow down the speed of the throttle?
Old 01-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I and a racing buddy ran into an oddity with 203 recently. We both moved esc's from our pan cars into 2 cell applications. He went to a 2wd buggy with a 13.5 and I moved my esc into a 13.5 sedan. We both had the 1s check box checked with the RS in our 12 scales. When we moved the RS to the 2s cars we changed our settings including unchecking the 1s box, changing our SRPM and ERPM as well as turbo and timing. We both noticed that even though we unchecked the 1s box and clicked apply settings, and made sure we saw the pop up indicating the settings had been saved, when we hit the current settings button, the 1s box was still cheked. All the other settings keep their values, just the 1s box keeps checking itself. To fix this I loaded 200 in the esc and then reloaded 203. I don't know if this is an isolated hiccup, or a bug. Mostly just wanted to raise the point for anyone else who may have relocated esc's and not checked this.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I too have noticed that some settings, when changed don't seem to stick. I've gotten in the habbit of disconnecting the ESC, closing the program, re-connecting the ESC, re-opening 203 and double checking my settings. It's a bit of a pain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.