Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I and a racing buddy ran into an oddity with 203 recently. We both moved esc's from our pan cars into 2 cell applications. He went to a 2wd buggy with a 13.5 and I moved my esc into a 13.5 sedan. We both had the 1s check box checked with the RS in our 12 scales. When we moved the RS to the 2s cars we changed our settings including unchecking the 1s box, changing our SRPM and ERPM as well as turbo and timing. We both noticed that even though we unchecked the 1s box and clicked apply settings, and made sure we saw the pop up indicating the settings had been saved, when we hit the current settings button, the 1s box was still cheked. All the other settings keep their values, just the 1s box keeps checking itself. To fix this I loaded 200 in the esc and then reloaded 203. I don't know if this is an isolated hiccup, or a bug. Mostly just wanted to raise the point for anyone else who may have relocated esc's and not checked this.
Yep, seen it happen many times. Just keep hitting it until it takes it.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am looking for a cheap mini laptop for my pit bag , does anyone know if the hotwire will work on Windows CE ??? These are really cheap from Hong Kong

But I don't know the differance in opperating systems ??
Old 01-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I and a racing buddy ran into an oddity with 203 recently. We both moved esc's from our pan cars into 2 cell applications. He went to a 2wd buggy with a 13.5 and I moved my esc into a 13.5 sedan. We both had the 1s check box checked with the RS in our 12 scales. When we moved the RS to the 2s cars we changed our settings including unchecking the 1s box, changing our SRPM and ERPM as well as turbo and timing. We both noticed that even though we unchecked the 1s box and clicked apply settings, and made sure we saw the pop up indicating the settings had been saved, when we hit the current settings button, the 1s box was still cheked. All the other settings keep their values, just the 1s box keeps checking itself. To fix this I loaded 200 in the esc and then reloaded 203. I don't know if this is an isolated hiccup, or a bug. Mostly just wanted to raise the point for anyone else who may have relocated esc's and not checked this.
I've never run 1s but when I went to make some adjustments I found that it was checked. I unchecked it and applied. NO luck. I tried a different computer with the same result. I re-updated the esc with 203 and the problem went away. Hasn't happened since.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys...

Nice work at the Birds....

Big thank you to the guys at tekin for all the good work on v203... It is awesome....

I have a quick question....

With all the indoor racing thats going on, im wondering what would be the starting starting for a really big out door track... Looking at 190-200' (55 Meter) straight away with a flowing midfield.... Running a Tekin Redline 10.5T.

See link here...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF...&t=h&z=19&om=1

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ya66...rom=PL&index=1

Im also just wondering what you guys are finding with adding a little amount of motor timing.... I am finding this helps pulling out of the corners quite withought scarifying the Mid range.. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys
Old 01-31-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys, have anyone of you had one of the posts fall off?
Reason i ask is, i recently purchased an RS about 3weeks ago had been running it in my T3 very successfully i may add( thanks tekin for an amazing product ) and then in the main today after about 5 laps my tekin came to a complete stop, toasted motor and all. Have any one of you guys have ever experienced this before with the tekin and how do i go about handling this?
BTW this isn`t my first tekin speedo, i got 4 of them.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i have heard about this with a couple other rs speedos. I told randy about it, but it was only one. now we have a couple more.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
I am looking for a cheap mini laptop for my pit bag , does anyone know if the hotwire will work on Windows CE ??? These are really cheap from Hong Kong

But I don't know the differance in opperating systems ??
no, it will not run on ce.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Reason i ask is, i recently purchased an RS about 3weeks ago had been running it in my T3 very successfully i may add( thanks tekin for an amazing product ) and then in the main today after about 5 laps my tekin came to a complete stop, toasted motor and all. Have any one of you guys have ever experienced this before with the tekin and how do i go about handling this?
Never seen that before, but I would recommend contacting Randy at Tekin. I'm sure he could help you out.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The post's are soldered on, so if it got really hot from something I can see how it could "fall off".
Old 01-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
i have heard about this with a couple other rs speedos. I told randy about it, but it was only one. now we have a couple more.
i have the same issue with one of my two. it was set for 1s tried to get it to 2 s and it kept going back to 1s. so now you can add 1 more.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
A club member has it with a Dr speed motor from Graupner.
The Dr Speed motor from an other club member has no problems with the Tekin.
It could be the rotor. You won't see if it's ok or not but that can give the problem.
but the team power motor just working fine for some other esc except tekin.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Which post??
Old 01-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A solder post came off? That's not common at all.

We did very well at the 2010 Snowbirds. I will be getting all of the Tq and winning setups from the drivers in the next few days.

We are looking into the setting storage issues. So we're listening to what combinations seem to cause them.

The Hotwire will not work on windows CE, sorry.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

I heard business was good at the birds. Lot's of RS's being sold to the non-believers.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I heard business was good at the birds. Lot's of RS's being sold to the non-believers.

now if we could just get them back in stock for us true believers..

about them setups.. not to harp on it, but finding posted setups still seems to be a pain.. any chance of grouping them by class, motor and surface somewhere? the facebook page we still have to click through a bunch of thumbnails to find what were looking for..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.