Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 05:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I can't sleep, so I'm looking at some sentry logs I took in the parking garage back on v200. I wrote a program to parse the XML that the sentry software writes, and converts it to a .CSV with time, throttle, rpm, and delta rpm. Excel blows, but it seems to show a little more detail on the RPM data than Sentry does.

HPI Pro 3 set up for RCGT. No body on when I was testing.
4.6 FDR
Venom 3600 NiMH battery
Tekin Redline 21.5, 0 motor timing
Vegas 200. I'm pretty sure it was 30 timing boost, and I think about 15 turbo at a delay somewhere between .5 and .7. The turbo isn't too terribly relevant to what I'm looking at right now, though.

The single most interesting thing to me is that the motor goes from a dead stop to 4000 rpm in about .2 seconds. In another .2 seconds, it's going about 5500 rpm. According to Randy, at that point the full 30 degrees of timing boost would already have been applied. In another .3 seconds, it's going 7800 rpm.

From stop
0 seconds = 0 rpm
.2 seconds = 4000 rpm
.4 seconds = 5500 rpm
.6 seconds = 7800 rpm
1 seconds = 9700 rpm
1.5 seconds = 11800 rpm
2.0 seconds = 12300 rpm
2.2 seconds = 12750 rpm, which is about where it peaked

-Mike
Hi, do you perhaps have readings for 13.5T and 17.5T motors
Old 01-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Did anyone try to make a bypass for the receiver wires? Mines fit very snug and have to use pliers to take off. Would be nice if you can just plug the hotwire to an open connector.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by niznai
Couple of quick questions, sorry if already answered.

I had a quick look last night at v203 and it seems boost does not have a ramp choice or start/end RPM. Is this correct? ----------------------------you use the start and end rpm settings for boost.

If no choice is made for start/end RPM for turbo, does turbo still kick in (there is no turbo check box as in v200)?
----------------------------Yes if you watch the screen carefull you only get turbo when the slider is 1 or more. On 0 there is no turbo as turbo is 0. Turbo is not effected by start rpm. It is effected by delay and ramp. When there is zero turbo (timing) on the slider i gues there is no turbo. When you do use turbo then turbo will come into effect after the delay and ramp you have chosen

Cheers

You switched the normal boost and turbo settings. You use rpm with boost and .....ramp and delay for the turbo (extra timing after a certain delay)
Old 01-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikky32
I asked also for that info and Randy told me that they can't give it because each motor is a bit different.
The numbers are like the LRP motors.
That's pretty much obvious if you are talking about differences within a manufacturer tolerance. But then it's not understandable why not give a number?

If the numbers on the other hand are so different that they exceed such a tolerance, then there's something seriously wrong and a lot of customers have the right to know why they get the weaker motors when others get the more powerful ones.

Neither possibility makes sense.

Every other manufacturer has a number given with every class of their motors, and I am pretty sure if you took ten motors from each manufacturer they will have slightly different numbers. That's normal. Which is why I find it curious to not have a number. The more so since with the release of the new software this becomes a factor in tuning the ESC setting (see Krio's tunning suggestion a few pages back).

I really hope Tekin Team can help us here.

Last edited by niznai; 01-20-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by inpuressa
Did anyone try to make a bypass for the receiver wires? Mines fit very snug and have to use pliers to take off. Would be nice if you can just plug the hotwire to an open connector.
I'm going to be installing a 3" servo extension in between my RX and the RS on my TC for this very reason. Easier to grip without pulling the wires, and less chance of bending pins on the receiver from frequent changes.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You don't want advanced timing in the tight/slow sections of the track.

Lower timing = more torque
Higher timing= more RPM/Top speed

For TC I would never run anything below 3k unless it's a very big wide open track where you rarely slow down.

Originally Posted by k_bojar
by lowering the StartRPM value, you'll get the timing to start earlier you'll also give the timing advance more 'range' to increase the value...To me the lower value, gives the impression of a quicker overall car - since the timing will be starting even on the 'slower' sections of the track

I'm not a 'smooth trottle finger' guy, so I have my StartRPM set around the 1k mark on both my 12th scale and TC...and on both cars, I ran MAX timing and very low turbo (6/7 on the 12th scale and 10 on the TC) and my delay is .8 on the 12th and (i think) .7/.8 on the TC
Old 01-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

HarryLeach - I did exactly what you are talking about with the servo extension. Shortest I could find was 6", so I wadded up the wire and confined it with shrink wrap, and made an extension about 1.5" long. If you're good with soldering you could do it by cutting and splicing also. Its way better than plugging and unplugging from the receiver, which made me worry about yanking out the wires or messing up the receiver. Have used it now at the track without problems, including adjusting settings. Extension cost was about $2.99 I think, and well worth it.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markg
HarryLeach - I did exactly what you are talking about with the servo extension. Shortest I could find was 6", so I wadded up the wire and confined it with shrink wrap, and made an extension about 1.5" long. If you're good with soldering you could do it by cutting and splicing also. Its way better than plugging and unplugging from the receiver, which made me worry about yanking out the wires or messing up the receiver. Have used it now at the track without problems, including adjusting settings. Extension cost was about $2.99 I think, and well worth it.
There is a company that makes a 3in extension but I can't think of the name right now. Have your LHS look into it with their distributors.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JLock
There is a company that makes a 3in extension but I can't think of the name right now. Have your LHS look into it with their distributors.
Go to your LHS. Online shopping go to electrodynam.com. That will help ya.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

I made my own with some connectors and a length of wire I had cut to shorten my steering servo wire. It's easy to do, you can just crimp the connectors with needle-nose pliers. I got it to the exact length I wanted, no messy wires
Old 01-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

why not a y 2 males and female?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by splarity
Hi, do you perhaps have readings for 13.5T and 17.5T motors
I don't unfortunately. I think someone posted a log from a 17.5 several pages back, though.

I did just get a 17.5 setup for a 2nd car I'm getting set up, but it'll be a while before I get around to taking any logs from it.

-Mike
Old 01-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rayhoe1
why not a y 2 males and female?
I talked with my local full service LHS about getting one of those. They could not find any supplier that makes one. I got a 6" extension instead.

If anyone knows of a supplier that carries a Y connector with 2 males, let us know.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

so basically i can turn down the turbo boost but up my timing to the max.
and it will still go pretty fast?

on another note if i left the turbo on and say started it at 2000 rpm vs 5400 that the turbo will kick in sooner?

and the throttle profiles do what.
as i am using 3 now.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by morris
so basically i can turn down the turbo boost but up my timing to the max.
and it will still go pretty fast?

on another note if i left the turbo on and say started it at 2000 rpm vs 5400 that the turbo will kick in sooner?

and the throttle profiles do what.
as i am using 3 now.
the profiles are like throttle expo 1 giving a negative expo effect (smoother)and 5 giving a positive effect (more aggresive)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.