Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Well as long as you are getting enough power to the RX then the ESC will work without the switch turned on. Turning on the switch only activates the LiPo cut-off. I've ran mine with the booster on and the RS both on and off with no problems.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Stu

I think you should have the single cell box checked off or run with the middle wire out and the switch turned on.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thistle
That's right... the AAA is wired to the 3.7 lipo... basically making it a 4.9 volt receiver pack. I've been reading the other thread, (not finished yet), but so far, I'm thinking the problem might be the fact that I have the ESC turned off. (I cut the switch off)
Switch does not need to be on.... Makes no diff.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Cammer... I get even less response from the motor, when the 1Slipo is checked off... and the removing the red wire from the ESC made it not even turn on.

Now that I have read through the other forum, I intend to try a higher voltage receiver pack. It could be that my 4.9 is just a little too low for the ESC.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveL
... if I stopped the car, it would stall and need to be pushed to get running again. It even tried to go backwards once. ...
I've written a document on the RS / RS Pro that contains a pretty extensive troubleshooting section. It describes how to treat this symptom among many others.

See http://rcfaq.weebly.com/tekin-rs--hotwire.html

The doc is current with the v200 vegas firmware.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I tried the latest update and I must say I am blown away!! It is a massive improvement over the Vegas version.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Galdo
I tried the latest update and I must say I am blown away!! It is a massive improvement over the Vegas version.
In what form are you using the speedo. 1/12, 1/10, motor type?
Old 12-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
In what form are you using the speedo. 1/12, 1/10, motor type?
Nemesis 13.5 and HB 1/12.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thistle
Has anyone else experianced this?
I am setting up my RS Pro to run 1S lipo in 1/12, and have found some weird issues.

First, I'll tell you what I'm running.
RS Pro running V200 software, Reedy 4600 1S Li-po, LRP 13.5 B/L motor, Spektrum SR3500 rx, KO PDS949ICS servo.
Instead of a voltage booster, I am running the equivalent of a receiver pack. I am running a wire from the + battery terminal, to a switch, and from the switch to the - side of a AAA battery, and from the + side of the AAA to the + terminal of a third receiver plug. The speed control is switched off for this configuration. (I cut the plug off, and used it for the AAA battery)

So, first of all, I tried running the speed control with the 1Slipo function turned on, and although everything powered up, the speed control would only cog the motor over once, and then stall. I tried re-soldering the motor wires, tried a different motor, tried a different sensor wire, and confirmed that the battery was fully charged. I also disabled the voltage cutoff. No change.

Next, I removed the + pin from the RS rx plug, as I was told it shouldn't be there. When I did this, the ESC didn't even power up. (So I put the pin back in)

Next, I reset the ESC to V200 defaults, and left the 1Slipo setting off. Again, I disabled the voltage cutoff.
Now the motor spins, but does not react properly. If I pull full throttle quickly, it will spin at a steady rpm, (sometimes it won't respond) but if I back off the throttle, and reapply full, the motor rpm will slow down but does not increase when I give it full throttle. If I try applying the throttle slowly, it doesn't reach the same rpm, as if I pull full throttle quickly. (and again, sometimes the motor doesn't respond.)

Could some of the other settings be messing it up? Current settings are:
Drag Brake off
Reverse Strength off
Brake Strength 100
Neutral Width 56
Motor Type BL-FW
Throttle Profile 3
Voltage Cutoff off
Push Control off
Timing Boost 0
Turbo Boost 0
Turbo Delay .2
Sensored mode
1S lipo is not checked.

Any help is appreciated.

I had the same problem not to long ago! Get a booster!!
solved all my problems
Old 12-29-2009, 07:36 PM
oze
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MarkBrown
I've written a document on the RS / RS Pro that contains a pretty extensive troubleshooting section. It describes how to treat this symptom among many others.

Well done
Old 12-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Casey Belarde
I had the same problem not to long ago! Get a booster!!
solved all my problems
I agree...a booster or a true dedicated RX pack. I have a feeling that adding an AAA battery in series with the main pack isn't cutting it. While you may be getting enough voltage technically, you might not be when under a load. And the Spektrum receivers are very sensitive to power issues.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i can understand if you are a tinkerer why you would want to play with this setup, but why would you want to do something so complicated. a booster is relatively easy to install and can be had for less then $10. A lipo rx pack is also less then $10. if you find an enterprising friend, he maybe able to get raw 180mah cells and put them together for $3-$4 for a 2 cell pack. I post a link at hobbycity for a 2s rx pack that was like $3-$4 with balancing connector as well.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkBrown

This thing needs to be a sticky somewhere.

I've been running an RS for a couple months now and I've learned some good stuff from fellow local racers. But even after all that, I'm only 1/2 way through this thing and already have learned a ton more and have a list of stuff to do/try. Wish I had found it weeks ago. Thanks for all your work!

Neal
Old 12-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Did you have to make any changes to your gearing, if so was it up or down on pinion size ?

If you compared the ESC settings between 200 vegas and the new version were there major differences you could let us know about ?
Old 12-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

did i miss something? what version do you have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.