Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by CDW
I would like to personally thank Team Tekin driver Ken Miller. He really put a lot of time into trying to get my Tekin set-up to work for me. He also had a good showing qualifying 11th. I am sure he would have made the show with the BD, but he chose to put all his eggs in the Tekin basket and ride it out. That is hard core loyalty...
Again Ken, Thanks for your help,
CD Wells
"The Traveller" is a stand-up guy! (Not in a comedian kind of way though LOL)
He did great in Stock TC, too, putting it in the show. Good job, Ken!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default rs set up

randy
looking for what you suggest on motor and esc setup
i run foam 17.5 tc on a track approx. 38 x 85
motor duo II
FAIRTRACE SR.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
Variable timing by monitoring amps draw can make the turbo function more effective and that's what might AE have.
The thing is you don't need to monitor amps at all to have the most effective timing for maximum power. Only if you want maximum power AND maximum efficiency you need to monitor amp draw.

What really needs to be done is TONS of testing with all the motors out there on a dyno. Run a test for each degree of timing (say zero to 60 degrees, so 60 tests) and note what degree of timing makes the most power every 50 rpm or whatever the smallest degree of accuracy in the esc is. Put that info into a timing map simply based on rpm and you have the most power you can produce at any rpm period.

If I were working on new software and firmware right now, here is what I would look to do:
Set up a linear timing scheme based on rpm alone
Provide a setup design similar to the castle throttle profile graph where you can grab any point and drag it, but the x axis is rpm (with selectable start and end rpms) and the y axis is degrees of "boost" timing.
Run all oem motors through the dyno and provide a simple one click file for anyone who wants to use a "maximized" profile.
Then, for us offroad guys who can't use "max punch" on slicker tracks can load a "max power" profile for our respectable motor and then lower the timing at certain points to reduce torque and amp draw.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LARRY F SR
randy
looking for what you suggest on motor and esc setup
i run foam 17.5 tc on a track approx. 38 x 85
motor duo II
FAIRTRACE SR.
Larry,

Here's what I've been running at The Gate and at Beaver.

Vegas 200

20 boost
15 turbo
.04 delay

No timing in the motor. I rolled out at 1.60 at the Gate and the Halloween race. For Beaver I've been going down 2 teeth.

That was with a Duo 1 but they should be close.

This is the setup pretty much everybody that races there uses.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Guys, have been reading all the posts and I recently bought my son an RSPro, it seems like it can be really easy to chase yourself in a circle trying to get all the setting exact. To avoid going in a circle, what order what a newbie go in hopes of getting a great set-up ? He is running the TC with a 13.5, on an asphault track (West Coast RC in so cal). This track a long straight, my guess is 120 feet. with the rest being infield. Thanks !!
Old 12-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

GREG
thanks for the info
Old 12-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pit_dad
Guys, have been reading all the posts and I recently bought my son an RSPro, it seems like it can be really easy to chase yourself in a circle trying to get all the setting exact. To avoid going in a circle, what order what a newbie go in hopes of getting a great set-up ? He is running the TC with a 13.5, on an asphault track (West Coast RC in so cal). This track a long straight, my guess is 120 feet. with the rest being infield. Thanks !!
After fighting my tekin to get it working correctly on a large track such as yours I have found it best to gear the car for the infield of the track, you will want your car to reach it's maximum speed possible with the motor at 0 degrees of timing down the straights. Once you have reached this point, tune your turbo boost to kick in right as your car hitS it's maximum speed. This will keeps ur temps cool and still give u killer speed down the long sections of the track.

....... 64bit software available yet? Second round of the nwic and I would like to use my own equipment to adjust my car. Please
Old 12-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I keep hearing how you just can upload new software to keep the tekin up-to-date..so question is how long till they update the current esc? I am in market right now, and was going to wait for the sxx stockspec..but thats not going to happen, just dont want to get the rs pro and 3 months from now, something new...also in stock 13.5 can u benifit more from the rs pro? money isnt a matter between the two, just want the best performance i can get...thanks

tommy
Old 12-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
I keep hearing how you just can upload new software to keep the tekin up-to-date..so question is how long till they update the current esc? I am in market right now, and was going to wait for the sxx stockspec..but thats not going to happen, just dont want to get the rs pro and 3 months from now, something new...also in stock 13.5 can u benifit more from the rs pro? money isnt a matter between the two, just want the best performance i can get...thanks

tommy
rs pro is for mod, rs is for stock. don't waste the money if you dont have too.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

current release software is vegas 200. I am sure there will be a release of new software soon. but it is not a big deal. software is free and you just need a hotwire. so once you own the hardware, you will have the newest software.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
rs pro is for mod, rs is for stock. don't waste the money if you dont have too.
yes, ive heard that, so the on-resistance is lower in the rs standard? and has more advanced timing in it?
Old 12-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
yes, ive heard that, so the on-resistance is lower in the rs standard? and has more advanced timing in it?
resistance is less with the rs pro. both speedo's are the same as far as timing goes. the pro just has two boards in it to take the load brought on from mod racing. the rs is smaller, lighter so you benefit there also.

Last edited by LOW ET; 12-02-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by LOW ET
resistance is less with the regular rs.
Sorry, wrong. The RS Pro has lower resistance, though not that you'd notice it on the track. The RS is about 8 grams lighter, and 0.2 inches shorter. The length and width are the same.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Sorry, wrong. The RS Pro has lower resistance, though not that you'd notice it on the track. The RS is about 8 grams lighter, and 0.2 inches shorter. The length and width are the same.
my bad, had them switched

the rs has 0.0003ohms

the rs pro has 0.00015ohms
Old 12-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

for those that have multiple rs/rs pro's and using hotwire, are there any problems doing this? for example if i have a rs in a 1/12 scale and a second rs in a tc, will there be any issues running off the same hotwire/computer?

i thought i read something about once you check the 1s box you can't uncheck it? so how would you then make changes to the 2s tc?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.