Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Good luck to every one going to the speedworld cup. Man I wish I could of gone, but family comes first so Im going bowling with family for my sisters birthday. Then after that I'll being heading out to ripon to build up my points lead in 13.5 and WGT.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

is there a trade in program for the R1 to an RS?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Randy: Awesome! I am running an RS Pro w/17.5 in my Tamiya F104 for the first time at the Speedworld Cup Sat, good to know help will be there
Old 07-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
At the moment I am running the RS with a receiver pack and I have it screaming fast, but I would like to find a way to get it to work with my TQ boosters if possible to avoid the huge Novak booster, and also to avoid charging one more battery each run.
Here is the TQ booster in my BMI car. It could'nt be easier to setup; soder the black and red leads to the + and - esc posts. Plug the booster into the batt slot on the rec, bang its installed. I do not turn on the esc switch, the car will be live as soon as you plug in the battery so be sure to have your radio on first. Sorry this is'nt the cleanest wire job.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, AND ITS A BIG RED SIGN THAT SAYS TEKIN!!
Old 07-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris moore
Here is the TQ booster in my BMI car. It could'nt be easier to setup; soder the black and red leads to the + and - esc posts. Plug the booster into the batt slot on the rec, bang its installed. I do not turn on the esc switch, the car will be live as soon as you plug in the battery so be sure to have your radio on first. Sorry this is'nt the cleanest wire job.
Can anyone tell me where to purcahse the TQ Boosters?
Old 07-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crashby
Can anyone tell me where to purcahse the TQ Boosters?
http://www.tqcells.com/
Old 07-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Will be new software released any soon?
I just got Tekin RS Pro but until it'll have new software I'll stick with LRP SPX in my 10.5 TC and Tekin will end up only in buggy. I really wanted to get Tekin because of upgradable software, better fine tuning and nice size. Hope it'll be ready for TC soon as well.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a few question on when and how much boost to use verses changes to FDR.

I run a RS and 17.5T Redline in a Xray 009 using LiPo. Large outdoor track. Same as one in post #4696. It is a big 1/8 track.

I understand that as the RPM of the motor increases so must the timing to ensure the best performance.
So taking this into account there is the maximum total timing for each type of motor. What is the maximum timing for the Redline 17.5 for best top speed performance?

Now that we know the maximum motor timing, when do you use and how much static motor timing (fixed on motor) and dynamic (using the boost – soon turbo)? How do we know when we are in the right ballpark?

FDR? When do change this as opposed to changing the timing (Fixed – Boost and soon Turbo)?
As the timing increases past the optimum point for a given motor RPM then we are going to generate excess heat through inefficiency.
So what is better, change the timing slightly or to change the FDR to keep the motor temp in check?
When do you use the fix timing verses the ESC timing?

I think Tekin is a great product if not the best. With the upgradeability and all these new features it has increased the head scratching
Old 07-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

how tight are the turns,is a flowing track and your only off the throttle a few seconds more rolling through the corners,how hard does it need to come out of the corner.total timing should not be more than 30 with the 198 you can try 10 on the motor and 20 on boost but this really depends on the track and your driving style
Old 07-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

With the upcoming 200 software timing will be more adjustable than ever. The software was developed for longer tracks however there are other benefits from it.

Motor timing:

This is a constant that never changes. It's always there throughout the run while in sensored only mode. Motor timing should be set for that initial punch coming off the line and for really tight 180 sections. Often the team has this around 10-12 for road racing.

Timing Boost:

This timing comes in at a preset amount of base rpm. Once that rpm has been reached it's there. This is your midrange feel. The team is finding that with 200 software this will be considerably lower than previous setups. Settings from 10-15 are the norm.

Turbo Boost:

Turbo is meant strictly for the straight aways and super high speed sections where the car is under less loads. The turbo has a time delay that is set by the user. The timer is critical. This needs to be set for when the car is not under hard acceleration rather when the load is beginning to decrease on the motor. Coming out of a sweeper when the car is straightening out and has already been on the straight for a few tenths of a second is when turbo timign needs to come in. If this comes in too soon the motor will get hot and go flat quickly. Gearing with this software will drop 6 to 8 pinions in general.

On short tracks the team is quite literally replacing Timing boost with the Turbo. On tracks where the straight is say 100ft or less the team has removed 10 degrees from their previous setup and added the turbo timing to it.

I will post some of out teams setups with track sizes once the 200 is posted on the web.

We're always looking to improve, this is one step in the right direction.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
With the upcoming 200 software timing will be more adjustable than ever. The software was developed for longer tracks however there are other benefits from it.

Motor timing:

..... Often the team has this around 10-12 for road racing.

Turbo Boost:

......... Gearing with this software will drop 6 to 8 pinions in general.
Randy,

Just saw your post, a couple of questions:

1) Motor timing, for short tracks would 10-12 also be used, or lower.. say '0'.
2) Is the drop in pinions from v198 ?

Thanks
Alan

Last edited by mazmo; 07-18-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Turbo Boost:

Turbo is meant strictly for the straight aways and super high speed sections where the car is under less loads. The turbo has a time delay that is set by the user. The timer is critical. This needs to be set for when the car is not under hard acceleration rather when the load is beginning to decrease on the motor. Coming out of a sweeper when the car is straightening out and has already been on the straight for a few tenths of a second is when turbo timign needs to come in. If this comes in too soon the motor will get hot and go flat quickly. Gearing with this software will drop 6 to 8 pinions in general.

I'm gunna smoke my motor. I can't wait.

--pakk
Old 07-18-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

Motor timing:

This is a constant that never changes. It's always there throughout the run while in sensored only mode. Motor timing should be set for that initial punch coming off the line and for really tight 180 sections. Often the team has this around 10-12 for road racing.

Timing Boost:

This timing comes in at a preset amount of base rpm. Once that rpm has been reached it's there. This is your midrange feel. The team is finding that with 200 software this will be considerably lower than previous setups. Settings from 10-15 are the norm.

Turbo Boost:

On short tracks the team is quite literally replacing Timing boost with the Turbo. On tracks where the straight is say 100ft or less the team has removed 10 degrees from their previous setup and added the turbo timing to it.

I will post some of out teams setups with track sizes once the 200 is posted on the web.

We're always looking to improve, this is one step in the right direction.
I use the same settings on my motor around 12. (Redline motor 10,5)
Also my boost is about 15 or lower.
It works great with the Turbo. The car keeps accelerating.
You will have a good infield speed.
I go today back to the Track and race again with this setup.
Last race my car was the fastest on the track, infield and straight.
Only the driver was not so good
Today it will go better. I go earlier and train a bit.

I want to try the speedpassion and the LRP motor on that track.
The Tekin is just great but I want to now what it does with dose motors.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
I use the same settings on my motor around 12. (Redline motor 10,5)
Also my boost is about 15 or lower.
It works great with the Turbo. The car keeps accelerating.
You will have a good infield speed.
I go today back to the Track and race again with this setup.
Last race my car was the fastest on the track, infield and straight.
Only the driver was not so good
Today it will go better. I go earlier and train a bit.

I want to try the speedpassion and the LRP motor on that track.
The Tekin is just great but I want to now what it does with dose motors.
mikky,

How many teeth did you drop on the pinion when you changed from 198 to 199 (with turbo)?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.