Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:08 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

forgive the ignorance, but i'm a long time deans man. from the 4pin to the ultra plug. hard o change. but its time to go bullets. stupid question.

what size bullet are these damn lipos coming with. idk what to order with my wire. thx

R
Old 06-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

4mm bullets.

Interesting about the set and forget thinking with the SPX. I like the idea of updating profiles as they become available and I think the motors look pretty sweet too. I would think setting the esc in practice would be ok but I would never muck around with that too much on a race day but then im only talking about club racing. Tyre's and driving the pants of the car are my race day tuning aids
Old 06-16-2009, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Benzaah
4mm bullets.

Interesting about the set and forget thinking with the SPX. I like the idea of updating profiles as they become available and I think the motors look pretty sweet too. I would think setting the esc in practice would be ok but I would never muck around with that too much on a race day but then im only talking about club racing. Tyre's and driving the pants of the car are my race day tuning aids
Also you get free updates with the Tekin and that makes the Tekin each time faster and faster. You can't do that with the SPX, so when there will be a new update for the SPX you need to buy a new speedo wile when Tekin has a new update you just update your speedo and you have the latest model.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Also you get free updates with the Tekin and that makes the Tekin each time faster and faster. You can't do that with the SPX, so when there will be a new update for the SPX you need to buy a new speedo wile when Tekin has a new update you just update your speedo and you have the latest model.
This is a great benefit from Tekin, so I hope Tekin, as a company, has a strong financial footing to continue providing this type of service for the purchasers of their products.

Fortunately for us, Tekin has been active in keeping up with new software features and fixes. Tekin could be like Losi and not offer any feature enhancements via their software, just the original basic feature set.

LRP probably has two reasons not offer a software interface for end-users. One, to protect their intellectual property (programming), and two, to keep a steady revenue stream. LRP consistently releases new models with slight improvements over the previous generation one. Each 1-2 years, they come out with a new model, and we buy them up like hotcakes. I understand and agree with Tekin and LRP business model, each attracts buyers for different reasons.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kn7671
This is a great benefit from Tekin, so I hope Tekin, as a company, has a strong financial footing to continue providing this type of service for the purchasers of their products.

Fortunately for us, Tekin has been active in keeping up with new software features and fixes. Tekin could be like Losi and not offer any feature enhancements via their software, just the original basic feature set.

LRP probably has two reasons not offer a software interface for end-users. One, to protect their intellectual property (programming), and two, to keep a steady revenue stream. LRP consistently releases new models with slight improvements over the previous generation one. Each 1-2 years, they come out with a new model, and we buy them up like hotcakes. I understand and agree with Tekin and LRP business model, each attracts buyers for different reasons.
The time frame between the spx and the sxx was 4 months! adn the sxx is like 200+$

is the version w/ turbo 198 or a newer one?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
The time frame between the spx and the sxx was 4 months! adn the sxx is like 200+$

Yep, but LRP didn't have anything between the Sphere Comp '07 and the SPX, so that was 2-years. The SXX and SPX will different needs, just like the Tekin RS and RS Pro.

Turbo = version 199 (I think & is still being tested, not available yet)
Old 06-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YmeBP

The Turbo will come int the 199 or 200.
We are waiting for it but i hope it will be there before the end of the month.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
The gearing to take advantage of this setup has shown to drop down to lower setups. As an example. The Reedy Race. Drivers were running 198 software and FDR'd at 5.1 to 5.2. 199 Software with turbo and we ended up in the 5.6 to 5.7 range with the same motor temps but faster over all runs, faster straight speeds, and a more punchier/faster infield.
Randy, what motors were you using when referring to this, a 13.5?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

13.5 .

The team is testing 199 right now that has the turbo feature.

It's grrrrrrrrrrrreat!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 PM
JL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

13.5 .

It's grrrrrrrrrrrreat!
Brilliant! Randy, tell us about the turbo feature. How is it different to boost?
Old 06-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

13.5 .

It's grrrrrrrrrrrreat!
But will it have better brakes so I can brake on the racing line to defend position and not over shoot the corner?
Old 06-17-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Champion

Even 194 has strong enough brakes to lock up your tires if you run it in sensored mode without even maxing out the settings.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Even 194 has strong enough brakes to lock up your tires if you run it in sensored mode without even maxing out the settings.
+1
Old 06-17-2009, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

What version software do the rspro speedos come with out of the factory these days?
Old 06-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm with Mr H there, brakes with my Novak SS are not great, hope to be running a Tekin from next meeting, hope that is better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.