Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

just installed 198. I notice that highest Throttle Profile is "CST". what is that?

also, there is a "reverse motor" check box on the right. what is that?
Old 05-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you put the cursor over the function, it will tell you what it means. Reverse motor will make the motor run backwards. Kinda like wiring a brushed motor backwards. Its for cars that mount the motor in an opposite way.
Old 05-03-2009, 05:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
194 and 198 have the same "drive" properties. Boost settings and other settings can be matched up with 194.

The defaults have been changed though and this is why your recoil is faster now. The timing advance was brought up to a higher default.
Sounds good Randy, I really like how it woke up my little 4 pole motor. What surprised me the most is how smooth it is now on start ups. Before the update, it would stutter a little and then go, now it doesn't do it anymore.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Well updated my Tekin RS Pro to 198. No issues here. I uninstalled my Tekin Hotwire off of my Acer One netbook from the Control Panel. Then I installed the new software. Then hooked up my esc to the USB, started up the program. Then applied the new 198 to my 194. No issues.
I tried it and still I am getting the same error message....
Old 05-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Wall Banger
I have the same problem with 198, the 1s box does not stay checked.
I have checked the install of the software. loaded and reload 198 to the esc and still the same problem. Also with 198 how is the booster wired in?
Bump to solve this issue; Randy inay ideas?
Old 05-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Team Tekin

Looks like we messed up on the 1S checkbox in the final rev. It is setting 1S in the controller even thought it is not showing it when plugged back in to the hotwire. Unfortunatly that means you cannot uncheck the 1S and get back to normal.

If you select 1S and save settings you have to do a factory reset on the unit to get it back to normal operation.

Chris (hotwire engineer) is gone climbing mountains in Canada this week so we might have to pull this new version off the web until he returns and it can be fixed. It appears fully functional in all other areas. Sorry for the mistake

Tekin Prez

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 05-03-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i cant say anything about 1s functionality... otherwise 198 worked well for me.

May I suggest however (again ) to drop the nice looking graphics in the UI to a more functional one that easy to see what you have selected and easier to control.

Is it just me that when i put the mouse on the slider it's extremely difficult to move more than a couple of points at a time? you have to point to it again and click and drag again to move a futher couple of points...

granted u can use the up down arrows, etc...

g
Old 05-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
Looks like we messed up on the 1S checkbox in the final rev. It is setting 1S in the controller even thought it is not showing it when plugged back in to the hotwire. Unfortunatly that means you cannot uncheck the 1S and get back to normal.

If you select 1S and save settings you have to do a factory reset on the unit to get it back to normal operation.

Chris (hotwire engineer) is gone climbing mountains in Canada this week so we might have to pull this new version off the web until he returns and it can be fixed. It appears fully functional in all other areas. Sorry for the mistake

Tekin Prez
If this were mission impossible you would fly a chopper out to him where he's climbing and get the update done on the side of the mountain.... Keep up the good work and re structure Randy's contract that states he MUST run touring car with us 1-2 times a month
Old 05-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Keep up the good work and re structure Randy's contract that states he MUST run touring car with us 1-2 times a month
HA!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JL
Over the last week I've installed my new RS Pro and Redline 10.5, installed the 194 software (Thanks Randy) and read ALL 235 pages of this thread!

This is my first brushless system and I'd like some advice please. Any advice for boost/timing set up and gearing for my home track would be very much appreciated.

It's 160 x 90ft asphalt in a TC with lipo. With a brushed 19t motor I'm generally geared between 4.8 - 5.0 if that helps.

Same question (same combo, RS + Redline 10.5) for 5 cell racing.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Similiar answer:

I'd go out with 10 on the motor and 20 on the boost to start out. Keep your current FDR and run it at race speeds for half a run. Pull it off and check motor temps making sure they're in line. If they are quickly finish the run and temp the motor again. Make a gearing adjustment or timing adjustment based off of that.

If the motor comes off super cool, go up a pinion. If the it's close compare speeds with others and make a call there. If you decide to add more timing make sure to drop a pinion for every 3-5 on the timing.

Always check motor temps after a change.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gortan
i cant say anything about 1s functionality... otherwise 198 worked well for me.

May I suggest however (again ) to drop the nice looking graphics in the UI to a more functional one that easy to see what you have selected and easier to control.

Is it just me that when i put the mouse on the slider it's extremely difficult to move more than a couple of points at a time? you have to point to it again and click and drag again to move a futher couple of points...

granted u can use the up down arrows, etc...

g
Good point on the graphics. I would also rather would want to have simpler and functional graphics.
(even though it looks good)
Old 05-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
Any of you guys ever get a message that reads"cannot connect to database" thats all I get when I click on the hotwire ICON....XP
Any other suggestions on how or what I can do to fix this? xp,Acer netbook

Just figured it out if anyone else has this issuie go to windows help and download .netframework update....fixed immediately...

Last edited by NUCRPTRACER; 05-03-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by STLNLST
If this were mission impossible you would fly a chopper out to him where he's climbing and get the update done on the side of the mountain....
And all because the Lady loves 'Milk Tray' or could it be 'Milk Tekin'
CCFM
Old 05-03-2009, 01:26 PM
JL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
JL, keep your rollout and go with 5 on the motor and 20 on the boost to start out. Check motor temps and make a gearing adjustment based off that.

Most guys on the team are landing with 5-10 on the motor and 20-30 on the boost. Total timing between the two is going to land around 30-35.

Also,

New software posted on the website:

http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html
Thanks for the tip Randy,

A few hours at the track today had my car pretty much up to speed with the quickest guys at my track.

I kept boost on 20 and ended up with 10 on the motor.

At the same gearing, would 25 on boost and 5 on the motor give me a little more zip out of corners and a little more rpm on the straight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.