Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

you need to email tech support for a RA#,fill out the service form and then send it in.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dusttt
Thanks Randy just tried that too and nothing. I will send it in it. It should be under warranty. What is the process?
www.teamtekin.com/service.html
Old 06-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

What is a good heat range for a RS and Pro? Min to Max.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

is there any new function for turbo on or activate by combination of RPM & Full throttle ?
Old 06-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smilekt
is there any new function for turbo on or activate by combination of RPM & Full throttle ?
Not at this time.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone have a Thunder Power 10.5 or a 8.5 Boost setup for 1/10 touring on a Asphalt 150'X50' track and also gearing Im running a Xray T3 2012
Old 06-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Not at this time.
thanks for the info Randy hope will come out soon ...
Old 06-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Having a weird problem...

Installed the RS into my car, went to hotwire to update the ESC. The Hotwire detected it fine, but when I went to click on update ESC, it was going thru the update, then it failed. After it failed, now when I plug in my Hotwire, it won't detect the ESC.

And when I plug it back into the car, I get power to the receiver and servo just fine. Everything operates but the ESC. The ESC is showing all lights on, but very, very dim.

Got a race this weekend too, urgh!!

Last edited by Dan; 06-18-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Randy, Im running a losi xxx-sct with a tekin 8.5 with a RS Pro ESC. Also a Associated SCT with a 8.5 LRP and RS ESC. What would be an ideal average heat i should try and stick too on both ESC's?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Having a weird problem...

Installed the RS into my car, went to hotwire to update the ESC. The Hotwire detected it fine, but when I went to click on update ESC, it was going thru the update, then it failed. After it failed, now when I plug in my Hotwire, it won't detect the ESC.

And when I plug it back into the car, I get power to the receiver and servo just fine. Everything operates but the ESC. The ESC is showing all lights on, but very, very dim.

Got a race this weekend too, urgh!!
Have you tried a "factory reset"? From the manual:

"The RS series has a built-in factory reset mode that resets all user programable settings to the default values. To activate, turn the speed control on, then press/hold INC button and then press/hold MODE button simultaneously for 3 seconds. After 3 seconds the LEDs will ramp up in sets of three. NOTE: Activating the self-test mode also resets all the radio calibration settings to their default"
Old 06-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDR
Have you tried a "factory reset"? From the manual:

"The RS series has a built-in factory reset mode that resets all user programable settings to the default values. To activate, turn the speed control on, then press/hold INC button and then press/hold MODE button simultaneously for 3 seconds. After 3 seconds the LEDs will ramp up in sets of three. NOTE: Activating the self-test mode also resets all the radio calibration settings to their default"

The RS is still not responding.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mysupratoy94
Randy, Im running a losi xxx-sct with a tekin 8.5 with a RS Pro ESC. Also a Associated SCT with a 8.5 LRP and RS ESC. What would be an ideal average heat i should try and stick too on both ESC's?
Dude, you can't accurately check the temp on the rs speedos via a temp gun. You need to look at the led lights and try to keep from lighting them all. Your main concern should be how hot your motor gets. This will be your best indicator as to how your setup is working. Your best bet is to read the manual and use the search function on the threads. You will likely find your answers faster than waiting for someone to chime in like me.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Dude, you can't accurately check the temp on the rs speedos via a temp gun. You need to look at the led lights and try to keep from lighting them all. Your main concern should be how hot your motor gets. This will be your best indicator as to how your setup is working. Your best bet is to read the manual and use the search function on the threads. You will likely find your answers faster than waiting for someone to chime in like me.
Please tell me why you can't accurately check the temp of you ESC with a temp gun? Please let me know the temp difference in the LED monitoring method. I agree that it is probably better to check the temp of your motor, but monitoring your ESC is also a good idea
Old 06-19-2012, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tradin Paint
Please tell me why you can't accurately check the temp of you ESC with a temp gun? Please let me know the temp difference in the LED monitoring method. I agree that it is probably better to check the temp of your motor, but monitoring your ESC is also a good idea
In the tekin the FET's are on the bottom rather than the top like most speedos.
The connection posts are the only "heat sinks" on the rs so I suppose you could check temps there but they are a bit reflective and will be a little spotty with an ir temp gun.
That's why tekin incorporates an internal temp sensor. Typically the motor will show signs of over temp before the speedo unless you are seriously over timing the motor. I've actually seen the wires unsolder themselves.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan
The RS is still not responding.
Dan, I tried to search for an answer regarding a "force update" but no luck yet.
I should hope that some sort of back door has been built in for just this type of scenario.

Randy, can the rs be reflashed after a bad update? Luckily this hasn't happened to me so far but I worry about it every time I update my firmware. The Hotwire software hasn't been the most stable in my experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.