Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I would have thought you already knew the answer to this...
COM ON

want to see what its got againest the tekin on a small track not to mention the new hobbywing setup
Old 05-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
COM ON

want to see what its got againest the tekin on a small track not to mention the new hobbywing setup
Typically speaking the Tekin is soft compared to all other systems so that is a simple answer. The REAL test is a large track.

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
No i dont have at trick for you , i can only get it to work set into the reverse position and it works fine .
I went out for the first time with the new firmware and it was FANTASTIC super quick what a good job that he guys have done im well impressed
i was running 10.5 on a large carpet track with the gear ratio at 5.7 and a novak ss .
I found it a bit wild exiting the corners could someone recommend a setting ajustment that would not affect the top speed , i think drive profile
Cheers
Simon
If you find it a bit hard exiting corners you can try tuning away from the ideal gain setting. Try using 1 so the timing doesn't come on as quick. This will usually hamper the acceleration very slightly compared to setting 2 or 3. You can also try going too far if temps are no problem. Setting gain to 4 will throw the timing at the motor quickly which most of the time makes it soft out of the corner followed by a explosion of power once the motors rpm better matches the timing. Of course because you haven't changed the timing the infield speeds will be the same. The straights remain under the control of the turbo setting.

Just be aware that with drive profile it is not even close to the older software. Because this software is designed for spec motors, setting 1 is linear, every other setting is more aggressive like positive expo (on most radios).
Old 05-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Typically speaking the Tekin is soft compared to all other systems so that is a simple answer. The REAL test is a large track.

Yes you maybe right

but if you flip the turbo and timing around its got about as much punch as i can handle anyway

May fastest lap around there is a 11.5 but that is me so in the hands of a good driver you could expect 10.6 or high 10.s

will be good to see how they all do out at whalen though
Old 05-28-2010, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Firmware Upgrade

Ok, I'm struggling here. Can't see what I'm doing wrong..... I can't seem to get the firmware upgraded on my RB-S. I think I'm following the instructions. I've downloaded the USB driver. I've downloaded the Firmware. I've plugged in the little red wire to the switch. I can see it there as a .frm file on my computer, but when I open up the RB Programmer Software program, it can't find any frm files.

Am I missing something obvious? Can someone post some step by step tips?

Cheers
Old 05-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes you maybe right

but if you flip the turbo and timing around its got about as much punch as i can handle anyway

May fastest lap around there is a 11.5 but that is me so in the hands of a good driver you could expect 10.6 or high 10.s

will be good to see how they all do out at whalen though
is that in 10.5 or 17.5??
Old 05-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

even I got down into the 11.2s tonight with my soft tekin
but the track record is 10.7 which should
be topped at cc
Old 05-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Adept

If you find it a bit hard exiting corners you can try tuning away from the ideal gain setting. Try using 1 so the timing doesn't come on as quick. This will usually hamper the acceleration very slightly compared to setting 2 or 3. You can also try going too far if temps are no problem. Setting gain to 4 will throw the timing at the motor quickly which most of the time makes it soft out of the corner followed by a explosion of power once the motors rpm better matches the timing. Of course because you haven't changed the timing the infield speeds will be the same. The straights remain under the control of the turbo setting.

Just be aware that with drive profile it is not even close to the older software. Because this software is designed for spec motors, setting 1 is linear, every other setting is more aggressive like positive expo (on most radios).
Ok ill have to wait untill next week to play with the profiles , thanks for your help and no doubt ill be back on here to post my findings
Thanks
Simon
Old 05-28-2010, 06:16 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Help... my fan has broken a blade and is now out of balance and noisy how do I get a new one
Old 05-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

be topped at cc
maybe!! The track there is faster at night though so it might not be broken!! Also sometimes the fastest lap is sometimes done when the track can be a little taily creating more steering . But fastest race time can be done when track is freshly sprayed as laps tend to be very consistent.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Ok, I'm struggling here. Can't see what I'm doing wrong..... I can't seem to get the firmware upgraded on my RB-S. I think I'm following the instructions. I've downloaded the USB driver. I've downloaded the Firmware. I've plugged in the little red wire to the switch. I can see it there as a .frm file on my computer, but when I open up the RB Programmer Software program, it can't find any frm files.

Am I missing something obvious? Can someone post some step by step tips?

Cheers

Thanks. Worked it out! 1st race on Tuesday.....
Old 05-29-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Hi,

Is Teamwave bringing out a new sticker to go on the Handheld Controller. Will be a bit if a pain having to look at a seperate sheet all the time.

Cheers
Old 05-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Initiate

I made this, print it out at 100% on vinyl and its the right size to go on the front of the programmer

Firmware grid 1.pdf

Ps, If any one wants a copy of the original Open Office file, send me a pm and I will Email it to you
Old 05-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Champion

be topped at cc
I managed 10.8 today but speed dropped away as the goop wore off the track or my tires wore or whatever stopped the same setup later on going 4 tenths slower. I can't see why something around 10.5 wouldn't be achievable in more ideal conditions.

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
Ok ill have to wait untill next week to play with the profiles , thanks for your help and no doubt ill be back on here to post my findings
Thanks
Simon
Good luck. As always with this hobby only use other people settings (chassis or ESC) as a guide to get you going. Fine tuning to suit your personal style will always yield the best results.

Originally Posted by ark
Help... my fan has broken a blade and is now out of balance and noisy how do I get a new one
You can buy an aftermarket fan to suit from many different places. If you have a RB50 a 5v fan wired onto the exsisting wires works great, otherwise use a fan that can handle battery voltage and hook up directly to the battery connections on the ESC will work fine also. Note that it will run when ever the pack is connected though.

Thanks. Worked it out! 1st race on Tuesday.....
Sweet good to hear you have it sorted...

Hi,

Is Teamwave bringing out a new sticker to go on the Handheld Controller. Will be a bit if a pain having to look at a seperate sheet all the time.

Cheers
This new firmware is still beta and is unfinished. There is still some small improvements to be made to yield better or more variable performance. Its no point releasing a sticker for software that will be outdated a month or two down the road.

Anyway guys I did some playing with some 17.5 motors today to see what I could find. It was a small track but the massive grip the track offers means you spend ALOT of time at a high speed. So this provides an oppurtunity to test performance from out of tight low speed corners up to sustained high speed under load. I ran two motors both with differing performance but I found some decent settings for both motors... The X-12 as usual was a problem trying to get very hot but bottom end was more like 10.5. The Duo 1 was softer initially for a very small distance but it was weapon mid speed to high speed.

X-12 17.5
FDR 4.3, "oooo" timing insert
1-7, 2-3, 3-4, 4-4.
I found balancing of turbo setting was the best tuning to reduce temps if required.

Duo 1 17.5
FDR 4.3, +10 timing (middle hole)
1-8, 2-2, 3-4, 4-3
The middle hole timing just gave it so much more punch everywhere but increased temps a bit too.

In the end I though the average performance of the Duo 1 was faster plus the Duo 1 yields better performance from the chassis. I was unable to prove this with lap times as the track speed dropped during my days testing. However consistency was significantly better on the Duo 1. I did minimal changes to gearing as I was looking more for feel and balance in the motor power so perhaps different gearing will improve temps or speed.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

I managed 10.8 today but speed dropped away as the goop wore off the track or my tires wore or whatever stopped the same setup later on going 4 tenths slower. I can't see why something around 10.5 wouldn't be achievable in more ideal conditions.
And thats why i want to see what the team wave has got when the track is going to be at its best this coming Sunday for CC

As im sure if you had driven my car yesterday you may have broken that track record
Old 05-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

And thats why i want to see what the team wave has got when the track is going to be at its best this coming Sunday for CC

As im sure if you had driven my car yesterday you may have broken that track record
I drove Owen's car and did 11.0 and it had the same or better performance than you car in every way so highly unlikley that would have happened.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.