New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Dear all, i'm very afraid, yday i was on the track with my rb50 updated with last firmware 10.5 motor, and my friends with hobbywing esc same motor, usually a was faster then those guys, but yday on the straight they was a rocket their speed was very impressive faster than a 3.5 motor , there wasn't nothing to do . I hope that next relise will improve the performance of our esc.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtaddei
Dear all, i'm very afraid, yday i was on the track with my rb50 updated with last firmware 10.5 motor, and my friends with hobbywing esc same motor, usually a was faster then those guys, but yday on the straight they was a rocket their speed was very impressive faster than a 3.5 motor , there wasn't nothing to do . I hope that next relise will improve the performance of our esc.
Yes you are right but that will all be different within days. Just wait till you get the new Firmware, you will have the worlds biggest smile. The new firmware is quite similar to the new Hobbywing firmware but it will be silky smooth to drive and the Team Wave ESC's are not a complete brick to intall into your car like the Hobbywing.

Patience is needed, it is so close now!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Tech Adept

Pablo, i'm not complaining with t.w., i'm very proud to be a t.w esc owner, but honestly a saw something very impressive yday, i was astonished by the difference of the performance, never appened before. My question was, what i'll do next month at the second italian championship round?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

By then you will have the new Team Wave firmware and the fastest esc available! We have been lucky enough to be testing this new firmware and our testing has shown the new firmware to match the power of Tekin and LRP and still be very driveable. We have won an event in Australia using this firmware against Tekins and LRP's. The difference is very big, if you had current RBS firmware and he had new Hobbywing firmware, then yes, you would not keep up. Thats all about to change.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

New firmware ill be looking every hour for it , cant wait !!!
Do you think that the set up guide would be up before the update for us to have a look at ? it would be nice
Old 05-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
New firmware ill be looking every hour for it , cant wait !!!
Do you think that the set up guide would be up before the update for us to have a look at ? it would be nice
I am working on the setup guide for it too and there is a rough copy already. I just want to get as much info in there as possible so people know where to go and don't have any funny problems. I'll probably have to look at a FAQ at some stage based on questions we read in this thread so you can get a quick answer on comon questions without reading through heaps of pages.

As it stands the settings are..

1 Timeshift
2 Tiemshift Gain/Range (still working the name out as we are improving this system very soon)
3 Turbo
4 Kickin (speed required for turbo)
5 Drive profile
6 Neutral brake
7 Temp cut
8 Lipo cut
9 Sportsman mode (disables ALL advanced functions for ROAR stock racing)

The 1st four are the real changes with the timeshift system now being the heart of the ESC. With big motors you won't even need turbo. Of course for fun throw in a 10.5 with plenty of turbo and you can overtake nitro cars. I had lots of fun doing this at one of sydneys biggest tracks the other day. Top speed is just stupid!

As its stand we are still working on improving the system further perhaps with another setting but as it is it works great.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
By then you will have the new Team Wave firmware and the fastest esc available! We have been lucky enough to be testing this new firmware and our testing has shown the new firmware to match the power of Tekin and LRP and still be very driveable. We have won an event in Australia using this firmware against Tekins and LRP's. The difference is very big, if you had current RBS firmware and he had new Hobbywing firmware, then yes, you would not keep up. Thats all about to change.
Hi Paul,

Not sure if my pm got to you, so I'll ask here. Would you mind chasing up that R-BS for me ?
That way if TEAM WAVE won't warrant it, I can just move on and forget about it.
Cheers,
Michael.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Adept

1 Timeshift
2 Tiemshift Gain/Range (still working the name out as we are improving this system very soon)
3 Turbo
4 Kickin (speed required for turbo)
5 Drive profile
6 Neutral brake
7 Temp cut
8 Lipo cut
9 Sportsman mode (disables ALL advanced functions for ROAR stock racing)

Ok answer some questions for me if you dont mind please.

Q1 Timeshift. Is this the function that advances the timing
Q2 Timeshift gain. Is this the speed that it takes for the desired timeshift setting
Q3 Turbo Shed some light on its function please
Q4 Kickin Speed before turbo is engaged (governed by RPM ?)
Old 05-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Ok answer some questions for me if you dont mind please.

Q1 Timeshift. Is this the function that advances the timing
Q2 Timeshift gain. Is this the speed that it takes for the desired timeshift setting
Q3 Turbo Shed some light on its function please
Q4 Kickin Speed before turbo is engaged (governed by RPM ?)
No problem...

Timeshift setting controls how much timing advance is applied to the motor (maximum).

Timeshift Gain controls how quickly the timing advances in relation to rpm.

Turbo is for more top end on the straight. It adds extra speed on top of the limit of the timeshift setting. Timeshift is already very good so this function is not always needed.

Kickin controls the speed (rpm again) at which turbo engages. This prevents the use of turbo in the infield to keep temps down but provide you with speed every bit a match for the Tekins on the straight.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:31 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey there, I just run mod 4.5/4.0 with my RB50 is there any point in doing a firmware update?
Old 05-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
No problem...

Timeshift setting controls how much timing advance is applied to the motor (maximum).

Timeshift Gain controls how quickly the timing advances in relation to rpm.

Turbo is for more top end on the straight. It adds extra speed on top of the limit of the timeshift setting. Timeshift is already very good so this function is not always needed.

Kickin controls the speed (rpm again) at which turbo engages. This prevents the use of turbo in the infield to keep temps down but provide you with speed every bit a match for the Tekins on the straight.
Thank you for your answers
One more for you if thats ok
Time shift , Do you know the amount of timing this will give (Max)
Thanks for your answers Dragonfire
Old 05-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Thank you for your answers
One more for you if thats ok
Time shift , Do you know the amount of timing this will give (Max)
Thanks for your answers Dragonfire
Max might prove me wrong, but, I'd be surprised if he gives us a number. You have to understand that this firmware is not a straight copy of any other brands and there are some things that Max will not want everyone to know about. Even though other manufactures give you numbers, 50 does not mean actually 50* of timing advance! So the reality is that with any firmware the best you can hope for is to know that one setting is a bit higher than the one another.

What I can tell you is that there is enough timing advance to match Tekin top end when running 21.5. More than enough for faster motors. Once you have updated your ESC, no more laptop We find that when you are changing just one setting, the fastest way is to use the button and LED on the ESC. That way you can quickly change settings trackside in 1 minute without even going back to the pit table. It really helps you get things set up well as soon as possible.

You will get a good setup guide when the firmware is released as well as some good basic setups for different motors. Depending on the size and type of track as well as what brand of motor you use, you can then try more or less timing than is recommended, higher or lower timeshift ranges and last different turbo and turbo kick in settings. Don't think that you will be fastest with all settings maxed out. We have been getting awesome power in 10.5 with very conservative settings and with lower FDR's.

In my opinion, quite a few ESC's on the market will have similar horsepower. The battle now will be what ESC will have the the smoothest throttle control and be as easy as possible to use. Do I have to tell you what ESC I think that will be?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It would be really good
if the new software came out tomorrow
so i could update my esc before i when racing tomorrow night .........
Old 05-11-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by revsinc
It would be really good
if the new software came out tomorrow
so i could update my esc before i when racing tomorrow night .........
Completely agree! Tomorrow night is testing night for me and new firmware would be perfect. I am sure it will be worth it!!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

I would love for it to be out soon but we are waiting on two different versions to be finished 1st. I also have to complete the guide. I hope it will be this week still.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.