Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

All I can say about the new firmware is WOW

Three of us are using the RB-S at CMCRC, I upgraded all to the latest version today and the verdict from all of us is, it is awesome.

Running 13.5 we have never seen our cars go so quick, Normally I am 0.5 secs off the top guys with their Tekins, this time I was right on their pace and hassling them all day. It was like I had a modified fitted!

thanks Guys

I think a few more members are now looking at the RB-s after today.

Last edited by Barry_Hughes; 05-23-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 10.5 on 1s

Thanks for the firmware Team Wave, realy looking forward to first run with it.

Has anybody got a base setting for use in WGT running 10.5 turn and 1s.
Would be very greatful for a starting point.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
WOW I don't check out RC tech for a few days and the thread has gone MENTAL! I have been busy with some personal things along with rebuilding for this weekends testing. I'll get the complete setup guide finished real soon. Below is just a copy and paste out of the guide as it stands to help everyone out with initial settings (the go fast settings).

21.5:
FDR 4.0~4.5
Timeshift 8
Timeshift gain 3
Turbo 3
Kick in 8

FDR 4.5~5.0
Timeshift 8
Timeshift gain 2
Turbo 2
Kick in 7

FDR 5.0~5.5
Timeshift 7
Timeshift gain 2
Turbo 2
Kick in 5

FDR 5.5~6.0
Timeshift 7
Timeshift gain 1
Turbo 2
Kick in 4

Its been said a hundred thousand times but just in case I will say it again... CHECK TEMPS REGULARLY.. It is hard to say just how hot a motor will get as there are so many variables so start with a few laps and see how it goes. Of note is the LRP X-12 which is a problem motor on every ESC on the market. It has crazy bottom end (like a mod in 10.5) but gets hot very quick. Also the Team Wave linear motors go very similar... stupid amounts of rip but plenty of heat to go with it. Tuning of these to motors will take a different direction to most other brands.

A last point... So far this system has proved to be very very smooth... so much so it tends to feel soft (well to me anyway). Gauge your performance against other cars on the track as well as lap times. The constant acceleration (over 100m with high settings) makes it hard to "feel" the power you have so it help to have another form of measurement.

Hy Dargonfire!

Ís the starting point you posted for 10,5 also recomended for 9,5 with 5cells?
The motor is a LRP X11 Stock Spec.
Have built in My RB-s now in my TC and flashed the new SW on it and cant wait how it performs compared to the SPX Stock Spec in this car.

Greetz Rainer
Old 05-24-2010, 05:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Update

Hi everybody,
i updated the RB-S and its awesome.The Fantom 13.5 motor and the speedo fit together really good.Nearly same laptimes than the modified cars.Faster than the LRP SXX and GM Genius cars on our nitrotrack.Got 70° degree celcius at the motor.Less or same than the others.
Thanks to TEAM WAVE for such a great update - its a Rocket now.
Trackpics can seen on - rcmsc.de
Tobi.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Hell Max, what have you done to my car?
Installed the new software onto the RBS speedo for club yesterday, and it's now like being connected to the nuclear reactor from a ship in the ex-Soviet Union Black Sea fleet!!
The car was so much quicker I now need you to urgently work on a software up-date for the connection between my brain and thumbs to keep up with the damned thing.
Thanks for all your hard work, it's great to be able to mix it with the top guys again.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Im not sure what everone else is doin to see these massive increases in speed and power cause im not. Their is an improvement from the last firmware but i cant seem to find what some of you have. Ive been testing for a few days now and i cant get near the speed and power as my other esc (the brand will go unnamed). I tried the recomended settings for 13.5 as well as made many changes to esc as well as gearing i must be missing something.....
Old 05-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Im not sure what everone else is doin to see these massive increases in speed and power cause im not. Their is an improvement from the last firmware but i cant seem to find what some of you have. Ive been testing for a few days now and i cant get near the speed and power as my other esc (the brand will go unnamed). I tried the recomended settings for 13.5 as well as made many changes to esc as well as gearing i must be missing something.....
Are you sure you have version 2 software?
13.5 Team wave linear motor
FDR 5.16
settings as suggested, very good, moved gain to 3, dropped the kickin to 25,000

And Wow my car was as quick if not quicker than our two top hotshots both running Tekin RS Pros, from 0.5 secs a lap off the pace before I was within 0.01 of their best lap times - even led the first leg of the A final for 5/6 laps before i clipped a kerb.

See the comment above from Greyfox as we loaded the new firmware on his ESC, also put it another drivers RB-s and for the first time in a long while he out qualified his son (Tekin RS pro)
Old 05-24-2010, 12:22 PM
z25
Tech Rookie

Did you find an optimum setting for the rb-s with the new software for use on a large track with motor sp 10.5t
Old 05-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blueman Austria
Hy Dargonfire!

Ís the starting point you posted for 10,5 also recomended for 9,5 with 5cells?
The motor is a LRP X11 Stock Spec.
Have built in My RB-s now in my TC and flashed the new SW on it and cant wait how it performs compared to the SPX Stock Spec in this car.

Greetz Rainer
As that is basically a mod setup I have not done any testing in that area. I don't see why it shouldn't but its possible you may need even more gearing to get best results. It was only about two months ago when Team wave really started to get going with various firmwares looking to match Tekin and about 1 and a 1/2 months since we have had a proper timing based system. So in that time I have tried to fit in as much running with 21.5, 17.5, and 10.5 motors to compare them against worthy drivers on a variety of tracks here in oz. Due to only having that amount of time there are almost certainly alot of things I have yet to learn about this firmware and its potential but there are a few basic things that stand out...

It loves torque. Throw a torque type motor at it and it will go hard. Optimum FDR various a fair bit between different motor types of the same turn. You really need to try a wide range to find the sweet spot for your motor. Duo 2's (17.5) like around 5.0FDR while Duo 1's like a lot lower even around 4.2FDR. Most of the time lower FDR will also yield better bottom end.

Gearing down (higher FDR) does not always mean lower temps. If your motor is revving a lot then it will also see more timing more often and therefore will run hotter. To provide consistent predictable motor performance ALL settings work off RPM to get the best out of the motor and to respond better to unusual circumstances.

Probably the most important point... This software is relatively new so there may yet be a lot of performance to be found with so many people now playing with it.. However I don't claim that it will give you the power to over take any other similar system like the Tekins. The biggest strength I have found is the normal behavior of the throttle and brakes (to a point but we haven't finished with them yet). I don't think you will go out and smash your local Tekin gun's best lap but I think you will find you can match or better their best RACE pace AND have more consistency to race someone head to head because this system drives much more naturally.

Anyway I did some playing with the EVIL X-12 17.5 last night. Temp were high but thats what happens when you use a crap fan and it fails. So with no fan and a cool night I was seeing temps of around 70C which is low for this motor (likes 100C). Bottom end as expected was fantasic but top speed was also a match for the Duo 1 in my brothers car which was running better than ever. Settings where 1-6, 2-3, 3-2, 4-4 with FDR 4.2 and of course "oooo" timing insert. I was a tempted to wind it up more but the X-12 is a problem motor (although fast when you get it to work) and its very easy to do a lot of damage and I wasn't that interested with my dead fan.

Last thing is I have had quite a few PM's about settings. I would prefer any questions about the ESC and the new firmware be posted here so the answers are there for all to see. The more people we have providing input into their setups/problems/success with the new firmware will benefit us all.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Change of plan........... Now I can't work out how to delete the post???
Old 05-25-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Smile Weapons of speed

Wow was I impressed , only just recieved my Rbs on Monday put it in the cyclone Tc (17.5 duo 1)updated the firmware , nearly blew the tyres of the car when I did the bench test, thought I had my 6.5 still in it, no it was a 17.5.
Used the suggested setting that were posted, I am amazed at how smooth the thing is and the amount of useable power it produces from low speed to the top end,
I was able to do an full lap extra with a few setting changes, a BIG THANKS goes to DragonFire for being on hand and for the advice ,
Seeing just how quick Dragonfire and his brothers are makes me relise there is more to gain from the Rbs and the new firmware! Than first thought.
My settings were ( and still not finished yet) timing advanced 1 hole
1-8 2-2 3-8 4-4 5-5 6-5 7-3 8-3 1-1 17.5 duo1 Fdr 4.7 temp was 42c after a 5min race then a 3min after race thrash around.
So much for big red or the blue things that bite the wallet hard .
Thanks to Dragonfire and the boys for the support on Monday night.
Going to get another RBS so I can run that in the 10.5
Rgds Scott
Old 05-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default Rb50 setup

Hi Guys
I need help to setup Rb50 in 13.5. What firmware do I load and settings to get my car on pace with RSPro and Speed Passion. What rollout should I run ?
What 13.5 motor do you suggest I run ?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2Quick
Hi Guys
I need help to setup Rb50 in 13.5. What firmware do I load and settings to get my car on pace with RSPro and Speed Passion. What rollout should I run ?
What 13.5 motor do you suggest I run ?
Try this too start with....
FDR 5.0~5.5
Timeshift 7
Timeshift gain 2
Turbo 2
Kick in 5

Motor choice is up to you but I personally prefer the performance you get with motors that have lots of torque. If you run a X-12 reduce timeshift down to 5 to begin with and work from there.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RB50 setup wtih RBS V202g upgraded

What's the best setup if running with 10.5 motor?

Thanks
Old 05-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Try this too start with....
FDR 5.0~5.5
Timeshift 7
Timeshift gain 2
Turbo 2
Kick in 5

Motor choice is up to you but I personally prefer the performance you get with motors that have lots of torque. If you run a X-12 reduce timeshift down to 5 to begin with and work from there.
Thanx...will try it out.
Sorry ..what firmware?

Last edited by 2Quick; 05-26-2010 at 12:43 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.