Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yes the new firmware does work on the rb30 i would put a fan on it just in case.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyrrus
ummm wondering if the rb30 might handle the new firmware of the rbs 202, for running 17.5,
The new software works on all three ESC's but only the RBS will have a warranty with it. However we have been running a 30 with 202g for about a month with no problems. Its best to get a RBS to be safe though due to the high power demands of lots of timing.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys thanks have both a rbs and a rb30 thanks and can't wait to try it out
Old 06-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cyrrus
hey guys thanks have both a rbs and a rb30 thanks and can't wait to try it out
You will LOVE it i do
I Honestly think it is a great firmware that has been developed.
the rb50 was the first brushless speedo that i had and than all the other speedos were quicker than me so i went out and got myself a spx and yes it was quicker tham the t/w then the sxx ss came out so i then up graded to that so the team wave sat in the pit box looking sorry for its self THEN 202 firmware came out so i installed it and put the wave back into the car and its great lots of punch mid range and lots of top end to i love this speedo and am now looking to get a RBS
Good luck every one
Old 06-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? I was just about too...

go out and buy a new esc as my RB50 was no longer cutting it when I thought i would give the new 2.02 firmware a try.

I went to the track with a friend (good A finalist) who has just recently upgraded to SpeedPassion GT2.1 esc with matching 3.0 motor and until that day always been about 2 laps quicker than me in touring cars. We both run 13.5T, 2.4G radio gear, Savox servo's and same car. On this occasion I definately had the quicker car. The new firmware is awesome - my car was insanely quick and punchy. I left the track with a big smile having beaten my track record and kept up with a top local A finalist - he did not manage to lap me and on occasions found me knocking on his tail.

I have a few questions based on an outdoor track with great tight infield, good sweeper into 40meter straight....
1. Everybody is calling out to use FDR of about 5 to 5.5. I am using 6.95 and coming off the track at 67degrees after 5mins. Will it really go any faster without going pop? Compared to other cars with SXX, RSPro and GT2.1 it is as quick - can it really go faster? (i know i could temp test but whathave you found)
2. I am using the TeamWave Linear 13.5T which has always been amazing off the line - at least 1 car can be taken by first corner . With the new firmware it is almost (dare I say) too aggressive at low end. Should I go for the GM starwind, tekin redline or can you suggest anything else?
3. When is the next firmware coming out?

Cheers,
A very happy TeamWave customer.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Its gone well quite on here what`s people up to ,any new set up tips
Old 06-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have put the new firmware on my RB50 but no meetings at our club till the 18th
Old 06-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well on the weekend i tq'd and won our latest club challenge round. Car was good and i used my knowledge of the handling differences between motors!! i used the novak 17.5ss with only half timing on the can geared at 4.16 fdr. Speedy settings were time shift 9 gain setting 1 and turbo off. i used a little motor timing to get some low end punch and used a low gain setting to get a good even timing coming on all the way through the rev range giving a super linear drive through infield and down the straight. I didn't opt for turbo because i didn't need it and the motor timing made up for it. Plus it just felt so linear and it was indoor very high grip and tight. motor temps only got to 60 degrees C. P.s i have seen alot of motors blowing up over here and air temps are under 20 degrees C, so don't think you can't blow a motor even if it is running cold. Internally it is being pushed beyond it's limit sometimes!!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Tech Regular

My brother has picks whenever he posts them!! It will show the track
Old 06-09-2010, 02:07 AM
Tech Champion

Yes some great performance from the 202g software. I TQ and won 10.5 at the Much More Master a few weeks and and Decibels TQ and won 17.5 at the CC rd2 at Windsor last weekend.
Attached Thumbnails New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system-imag0001.jpg   New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system-imag0003.jpg  
Old 06-09-2010, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Decibels: Great win on Sunday guy car looked so smooth didn't seem to launch like some of the other I saw.

Dragonfire: took your advise on the FDR on Monday went to 4.2 for the final T/s to 8 dropped the T down to 4 but Ts/gain to 3 K/in5 , well I beat the Big Reds .
We did a swap hmm big red not so smooth seemed unpredictable may have been setup but the RBS is so smooth in comparison, he may retire the red for his RB50!

Well doing the scrutineering on Sunday was an insight, I asked lots of questions about esc's and there setup's one thing really stood out was how satisfied the owners of the TW esc's were and how smooth the firmware works(about 11 ) the only thing was ,is there a guide/ user manual update for the 202 Firmware and will it be posted on the TW site?

Regards
Scott.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by V-Liqour
Decibels: Great win on Sunday guy car looked so smooth didn't seem to launch like some of the other I saw.

Dragonfire: took your advise on the FDR on Monday went to 4.2 for the final T/s to 8 dropped the T down to 4 but Ts/gain to 3 K/in5 , well I beat the Big Reds .
We did a swap hmm big red not so smooth seemed unpredictable may have been setup but the RBS is so smooth in comparison, he may retire the red for his RB50!

Well doing the scrutineering on Sunday was an insight, I asked lots of questions about esc's and there setup's one thing really stood out was how satisfied the owners of the TW esc's were and how smooth the firmware works(about 11 ) the only thing was ,is there a guide/ user manual update for the 202 Firmware and will it be posted on the TW site?

Regards
Scott.
Actually I am supposed to be making a guide and it is 1/2 complete its just that I have had a fair bit on and have not got my act together inbetween to finish it. I hope real soon.

By next monday I'll have a new firmware to play with that offers dual control over the turbo. I am hoping it provides the same performance with a small drop in temps. I'll have to give you play.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Has anyone tried the new firmware on 1S 1/12th circuit yet? Any big differences in setup compared to the recommended starting settings posted a few pages back?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Conrad
Has anyone tried the new firmware on 1S 1/12th circuit yet? Any big differences in setup compared to the recommended starting settings posted a few pages back?
I have never even run 1s before so I hsve no idea at all. I would just start with very low settings and just slowly work your way up. Be aware that settings 1 & 2 basically tune your bottom end and settings 3 & 4 tune you top end.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have been running 1s 1/12 with the new software and it ok i still haven't found the right setup yet but getting their. I'm not sure how much more i'll be testing it as I'm getting ready for iic and don't believe the speedo will be legal to use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.